SSM?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Mike Shoff

Mike Shoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is there a SSM class for SCCA in the Great Lakes division? I have been reading alot about it but it seems like all the racers are in the DC and Northeast divisions. I would like to get started in the sport and it seems like a good way to go.
"I'm not here for a long time, I'm just here for a good time"

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
I have seen SSM at some GreatLakes events - seems to me the IT-SPECtacular has an SSM class. I think last year one car entered, so you're almost guaranteed a podium, maybe a win ;)
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Almost Zero SSM in the GL div. You can always build a budget SM car if you want low cost fun racing.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Mike Shoff

Mike Shoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think SM is the way I'll go. Just feeling around about the SSM class. I plan on getting a car next year and working on getting my license and building the car over the next year and a half.

I plan on being out at Nelsons on 7/2-7/3 to see how much fun you guys are having and ask some questions.
"I'm not here for a long time, I'm just here for a good time"

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM
Hi Mike,

SSM in the Great Lakes Division has never taken off like it did in the North East Division. For the past few years, the Cincy IT/SPEC*tacular has had SSM in with our SM group. We invited all the SSM'ers in the NED and the SED to join us; many replied positively, but few showed up. This year SSM is not a part of the IT/SPEC*tacular. I know of at least one that is coming, but he will just run as an SM.

If you are at the event this weekend at Nelson, come look me up. I'm the slow #10 Blue, but will still be ahead of DNF Rick. :D

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users