• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Jerry has come through for us! He just added a "Supersize - Enduro" option for $249 instead of the regular price for the enduro of $395. Rob, no excuse not to make the long tow, now... :) :)

I look forward to seeing all the regulars and meeting more of the SoCal gang.

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
Wish I could make it, but I'm going to be out of town. Please post videos so I have some racing to watch on the 5 hour flight home. Have fun everyone! -Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91
70 more than socal? For two day enduros? I'll think about it...
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
SM and Enduro for me.
See you there.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Johnny,

You'll at least have Laura and I co-driving in E3 to contend with...

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Fixed to hub problem?
Nice slow driver change.
Maybe not you got that Illeagal SCCA seat, don't ya.
(I know don't get you started)
Still remember how to drive a 4 cylinder miata?
:D
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Rob,
Are you going to grace us with your presence? :P
J~

Sean Allen

Sean Allen

My title is unique

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Region:SFR
Like Juan said, how about some good in car footage? I need a racing fix...! Finally got back on the internet after a few months and missing the community.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
I don't like the pricing, but I signed up anyway since the 949 Racing crowd is coming up too.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
We are worth it, you will have a good time. ;)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
Hah, slim pickins in norcal. No idea why most of the sm guys up there suffer through those silly 3 day weekends with the scca. That's just absurd.

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

No idea why most of the sm guys up there suffer through those silly 3 day weekends with the scca. That's just absurd.

It's a mystery to all of us who have seen the light... Sure it takes 3 full days, but at least it's more expensive! ;-)

Johnny - hub problem was on the V8 car. Laura and I will be driving the SM. I think I'll be able to figure out, eventually, how to pedal a car with a measly 120HP...

And I'm picking up some metal to fabricate a fixed seat mount for Laura for the Labor Day SCCA event. I don't think I'm going to bother bringing the V8 car out for that event, but we'll see.

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
On a COMPLETELY different topic, in the interest of having my cooling system up to snuff for the coming HOT weekend, I pressure tested both my cooling system and my radiator cap. While the cooling system itself held pressure nicely, my 13lb cap only held about 6psi...

I'll have my pressure tester - for both the entire cooling system and the caps - if you want to check yours this weekend. Just another service brought to you by the NASA NorCal Spec Miata Championship! :)

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
How to do not seven, but EIGHT groups in 2 days each over 3 days with lunch:

Fri:
8:30 - 9:50 20 min practice x 4
9:50 - 11:10 20 min qual x 4
11:10 - 12 lunch
12:00 - 2:40pm 30min race x 4
2:40 - 4pm 20 min qual2 x 4

Sat:
8:10am - 10:50 30min race x 4 First 4 groups go Home
10:50 - 12:10 20 min practice x 4 Second 4 groups weekend begins
12:10 - 1pm lunch
1pm - 2:20 20 minute qual x 4
2:20pm - 5pm 30 min race x 4

Sun:
8:30 - 9:50 20 min qual
9:50 - 1:30 30 min race x4 & lunch

Go home.
Is that so hard? The workers are probably to blame for it.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

On a COMPLETELY different topic, in the interest of having my cooling system up to snuff for the coming HOT weekend, I pressure tested both my cooling system and my radiator cap. While the cooling system itself held pressure nicely, my 13lb cap only held about 6psi...

I'll have my pressure tester - for both the entire cooling system and the caps - if you want to check yours this weekend. Just another service brought to you by the NASA NorCal Spec Miata Championship! :)

Cheers,

Dean

I'm interested.
Sign me up.
J~

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Don't know if any of you saw the last line of Jerry's event announcement email...

"Note- SM, SE30, USTCC: Even though the times on the schedule are standard, be prepared for anything; as we have some devious plans for you guys."

Any guesses?? For the record, even I don't know what he's got up his sleeve this time...

Weather looks to be perfect for this time of year. Low 90's is downright cool for Willows in August.

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Race into town, crash the Car and Bike Show, wash some cars to raise money and race back. :D
J~

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
Hopefully nothing too silly, I don't have my flaming hoops suspension on the car.

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
I'm hoping that we're going to try out some of Bernie's F1 ideas that haven't been implemented at that level yet.

How about on Saturday, each driver is allowed to take the shortcut from T7 to T15 twice during the race. On Sunday, we'll set up sprinklers on a few corners and turn them on and off randomly during the race.

Or, cars grid in qualifying order but we invert the DRIVERS!

24 registered and counting...

Former driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

How about on Saturday, each driver is allowed to take the shortcut from T7 to T15 twice during the race.

Test the waters on Sat and do it for real with a figure 8 on Sun.
I'll keep betting on this dead horse.
Seems higher/different merging speeds, and more dangerous your way.
J~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users