Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
  • Region:Mid-South
  • Car Year:1989
  • Car Number:Any
OK,

Back from vacation and have important business, long over due business. MazdaRacers.com is forming an On-line weekly or bi-weekly private series for iRacing. We will race the Formula Mazda, keep pints, get sponsors, have celebrity drivers & coaches, bench race, argue, crash you name it. On-line private series like this are not new, I've raced in one one and off for 12 years. (Nasscar.com)

We need volunteers, a webmaster for simple information, a points keeper, a race director / chief Steward. Is the same you would expect for a real series less the tire bills and flights. iRacing has a full spectator mode that you non racer types, it's awesome! If willing, send me a note. Once we get some volunteers we will establish a web site, choose the format and get to racing.

Did I say iRacing has spectator options? YOU DON'T HAVE TO RACE to participate, you can watch, chat and make fun of the wankers less the driving part, LIVE!!!

• DON'T WORRY ABOUT SETUPS, IT WILL BE A SPEC SERIES WITH A VERY EASY TO DRIVE CAR!
  • THIS IS FREE TO ALL, YOU ONLY NEED THE IRACING.COM PART ON YOUR END.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gTyI2celiE

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Auto Sports Consulting / Coaching

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
Good morning,

Lots of iRacing and traditional racing folk have sent emails. Sorting through them now.

I have an idea to run this as a mixed class series for the training and competitive aspects. I was thinking the Skip Barber cars for the "Thunder" group and the Star Mazdas for the "Lightening" group. Both will be fixed setups so "spec" and get their own results and championships. Thoughts on that?

Also, need a list of road and less than one mile ovals to make up the schedule. Thoughts on that?

We also need input on length of events, what night a week and at what time?

Lastly, for the first series, we need a shootout to decide who is Thunder and Lightning. After that I'm thinking that all drivers start in Thunder for three races then get voted on by the Lightning drivers to move up when a slot is open.

I need input on all of the above.

Thanks!
The Promoter

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
Oh Yeah, 2 Months FREE! visit http://www.iRacing.com/miata for more details and to sign up today!

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Man, I wish we could get high speed inet! That sound like a blast! Price of living in the country, I guess.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
Tom,

You can try to spectate and maybe be part of the appeal process for protests, view footage etc.?

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
http://members.iraci.../list/2219.page

This series will have custom painted cars, YOURS!!

Read the link or text below.

ALSO, I will do a simple walk through and help with the process. Basically, you need to swap files on your PC with each file a fellow competitor generates representing their car scheme, done.

Painting Basics and Template Files
Brian Simpson

There are many ways to paint your car. The primary and most accessible method is via the built in web-based system we have all been using up until now. This web-based system allows users to select from a pre-defined lists of patterns and colors and then apply those selections to their car. With the Season 1, 2010 sim and web update we will be adding an additional way for members to paint their cars, one that offers more flexibility than the web-based system, but will also require the use of third party tools.

The custom paint system is OPTIONAL, you do not need to paint a custom car paint scheme to participate or enjoy iRacing in any way. To create a custom paint scheme you will need an art program that is compatible with Adobe Photoshop layered PSD files.

Attached to this post are the template files needed to create custom car schemes in iRacing.

The way the custom paint system works is that when you run a car in a race or test session, the simulator will create a folder in your documents\folder. The folders will look like this:

Helmets: docs\iRacing\paint\helmets\
Suits: docs\iRacing\paint\suits\

Cars (same structure as car setups):
RT2000: docs\iRacing\paint\cars\rt2000\
Rookie Legends: docs\iRacing\paint\cars\legends ford34c rookie\

The filename for a paintjob is just the customer ID with a .tga extension.
It will also accept it with leading 0’s to form a 6 digits number (which sorts better alphabetically).

So for example, a customer with the id of 6 will name his tga:

“6.tga” or “000006.tga”

You can find your account id by clicking on My account at the top of the members page:

http://members.iraci...account/Home.do

The cars have to be 1024x1024. The suits and helmets 512x512. If they are the wrong size they are ignored.

The final tga should be saved as a 24 bit tga. I would also strongly recommend turning on RLE compression on the TGA to help cut the size of the texture down.

If the sim can't find a custom texture, it will use the defined colors and pattern from the website.

A custom texture will be loaded and used even when loading older replays that were made before the custom texture was added or changed.

Custom textures are not automatically uploaded, downloaded, transferred, mailed, delivered, etc, in any way. iRacing.com isn't responsible for the content of a texture created by our customers.

The only way for other racers to see your custom paint scheme is for them to have your tga in their documents\folder. If other racers don't have your tga, then they will see the car you currently have painted in the websites pattern system. Please make sure to continue to create a paint scheme in the built in pattern system so that people who don't want or desire custom paint schemes won't see white unpainted cars.

Each file has 2 layers dedicated to showing where we stamp car numbers and car sponsors. These blocks are for informational purposes only to give the artist some idea of where those items are placed by our stamping system. Please note that the sponsors included in our sponsor system won't be included on a custom texture. This includes club logos.

The Dallara has several 1 pixel blocks on the upper left of the texture. These blocks are used to determine the color of the mirrors, underside of the wings, etc. These areas are numbered on the template and I have a note embedded into the psd file noting where the colors are assigned on the model.

In the paintable area folder there is sometimes a layer for logos that can have their color changed (manufacturer sponsors, etc.). Any logos not in the "Paintable Area" folder and in the "Turn off before Exporting TGA" can't be changed or removed, they are stamped on by the sim and therefore they should be turned off before saving the final tga to keep from having the items stamped on the texture twice.

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

Tom,

You can try to spectate and maybe be part of the appeal process for protests, view footage etc.?

Yeah, I'll have to see what is possible. But, I'm on dial-up, at 28.8. I can tether my droid. But, actual throughput is pretty variable. Plus, unlimited data isn't really.

They are supposed to be running fiber in. my area this year...fingers crossed.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests
Sweet! I'll look into posting a Classified Ad offering iRacing Custom Paint Schemes B)

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
50 /50 partner

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

EFoss28

EFoss28

MX-5 Cup Champion

• SMembers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
iRacing is the best sim out there! A League would be tons of fun. If anyone is trying to get more seat/track time for cheap this is the way to go... I will try to participate in the series, but my time may be limited.
www.ericfossracing.com
My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts

iRacing is the best sim out there! A League would be tons of fun. If anyone is trying to get more seat/track time for cheap this is the way to go... I will try to participate in the series, but my time may be limited.

Run what you can champ, will be fun.

Might make it the MX5 and Star, thoughts?

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Run what you can champ, will be fun.

Might make it the MX5 and Star, thoughts?

I'll try to join. MX5 or Barber Dodge works for me. I am better in the MX5. :P

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA