Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:51
I am working on a video with more highlights, but here is a clip from the regional race at Gingerman. I really wish I had put the camera facing out front rather than on the trunk. Fun video anyway... you'll see what I mean.

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM
I can't view the video right now, but aft mounted camera should work fine since you were in front of everyone, except for when you started lapping the field. I believe you had half of the corner workers confused since they didn't anticipate a SM leading the field when we had several ground pounders out in that race.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I can't view the video right now, but aft mounted camera should work fine since you were in front of everyone, except for when you started lapping the field. I believe you had half of the corner workers confused since they didn't anticipate a SM leading the field when we had several ground pounders out in that race.

Some of the corner workers accused me of running rain tires. I was on Hoosiers, not rains. It was slippery. My wife was standing next to the fire/rescue team near grid. They were chearing me on when I was coming up to lap the Corvette for the second time.

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I have to gloat just a little - even I passed one of the Corvettes, but my corner working friends didn't get the photo. Even I had too much HP on the new section once it got saturated. I assumed you were on Toyo intermediates, but if you were on Hoosiers, great run!

Jerry Cabe

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I have to gloat just a little - even I passed one of the Corvettes, but my corner working friends didn't get the photo. Even I had too much HP on the new section once it got saturated. I assumed you were on Toyo intermediates, but if you were on Hoosiers, great run!

Nope. On Hoosier DOT slicks. That new pavement setion reminded me of a gokart slick track I went to in California. It was a track made of sheet metal covered with baby powder. There was zero grip through that section. I sort of just aimed and slid through.

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56

Jerry, of course you passed a Corvette... I saw that v8 under the hood at MO. Not surprised you had too much HP for the new section...
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Jerry, of course you passed a Corvette... I saw that v8 under the hood at MO. Not surprised you had too much HP for the new section...

It took a lot of exhaust tuning to get it sounding like an I-4 banger. :rolleyes:

Jerry Cabe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users