• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
The Oregon/Washington boys made their now-annual trek south to Infineon Raceway to put it to the local NorCal racers this past weekend. As always, they left their mark, with Ken Sutherland winning both races and Oregon covering much of the top-10 on Saturday. The local troops rallied on Sunday to win the majority of the top 10, even if Ken was still unbeatable.

Here's my attempt to bring honor and glory back to SFR. You already know I fail in the attempt, but it was one of the most fun races I've ever done.

http://www.vimeo.com/28593932

Every single person I drove next to going from 11th to 3rd raced hard and clean. Bruce Wilson and I were side by side for what seemed like two laps. (watch him disappear in T5 in my mirror when he goes for 4th but gets 2nd! :( )

Let's see some other in-car from the weekend!

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
heres mine
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
Nice drive, Dean -- I always enjoy watching your races.

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:51
I never realized that "Thomas" is a Latin name. But the hands don't lie. As usual, great video.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Phillip Holifield

Phillip Holifield

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:20
Here's my saturday race:

http://www.vimeo.com/28563191
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Kyle's Sunday race. Good clean racing from our perspective :) Many thanks to the Oregon sixsome for making the haul and making the weekend crazy competitive :D

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88
Hey, I'd really be interest in seeing me going off in 10 on Sunday. Please post. Spencer, Fred ??
My camera was running but I started it way to early and with the delay it stopped midway through the race.

I still don't know how I survived.
Spencer was all over me coming out out of the esses.
I didn't hit the rumbles on the left, hit the rumbles on the right.
Didn't brake, wheels start squalling, I lost the rear. locked it down.
Going in backwards fully puckered and came to a stop without hitting anything.
I haven't been that happy in a long time.

Video Please. :D
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Racing to Cure ALS

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
DEAN!
I was on the edge of my seat that last lap! I was yelling "Patience Patience...NOOOOOOO!"

Nice drive!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Yeah, I was so patient on every pass up to that point, but I knew time was running out. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Phillip and Kyle - NICE DRIVES! It's great to see the "younger guys" racing with such maturity. I'd be happy to go door to door with either of you anytime.

Kyle - you've got to get comfortable keeping up the pace in the last few laps of the race, even with "wasted tires". The car will move around a lot more, but it CAN be made to go just as fast. You've clearly got the car control skillz to make it happen - it's just a comfort/confidence thing. May be best to practice that at Thunderhill, though, not Laguna or Infineon (walls!!) :) Great work, guys.

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:51
^^^ Seems like those comments apply to both Kyles.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Kyle Gayman

Kyle Gayman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Car Number:40

Yeah, I was so patient on every pass up to that point, but I knew time was running out. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Phillip and Kyle - NICE DRIVES! It's great to see the "younger guys" racing with such maturity. I'd be happy to go door to door with either of you anytime.

Kyle - you've got to get comfortable keeping up the pace in the last few laps of the race, even with "wasted tires". The car will move around a lot more, but it CAN be made to go just as fast. You've clearly got the car control skillz to make it happen - it's just a comfort/confidence thing. May be best to practice that at Thunderhill, though, not Laguna or Infineon (walls!!) :) Great work, guys.

Cheers,

Dean

Hey Dean! Thanks for the compliments and constructive advice. I definitely slowed it down because of the tires--and trust me, it was frustrating. The day before I was running consistent high 56's/low 57's, with a best of 56.6. But you are exactly right; practice, practice, practice! And that's what I need in order to deal with those issues. No more excuses! (By the way, it's videos and advice from people like yourself, Darin, etc. that really help. You guys help cultivate your own competition. :lol: And I'm very, very grateful for it.)

Great weekend everyone! This was, by far, the most competitive and overall fun racing I've done thus far in my two short seasons of experience.

D Biggar

D Biggar

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:33
Here's my video from 7 and 15...

I clipped my 7 race down to the first lap (I only made it 3 laps due to overheating)...IMO, a few people were a bit too crazy on the first lap. You can make your own opinions.

Here's 15, had to start in the back since I missed qual working the AM weather shift. It was fun starting in the back, I just wish the E30 would have moved (and that I would stop missing shifts).

Good racing all around, I had lots of fun this weekend! I'll have to work on the 5 video (very close racing with April) later today.
-David Biggar
david.biggar(at)gmail.com

Meteorologist

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
What you can't see in Davids video is the silver car(Greg C)gets hit in the front drivers side forcing him to evade to the right and get into the red car :(

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

D Biggar

D Biggar

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:33

What you can't see in Davids video is the silver car(Greg C)gets hit in the front drivers side forcing him to evade to the right and get into the red car :(

You can see just a sliver of the car right as the hit occurs...but ya, I didn't really have the best view of the cause, just of the effect. Bummer for Greg though.
-David Biggar
david.biggar(at)gmail.com

Meteorologist

Greg Cicatelli

Greg Cicatelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:96

You can see just a sliver of the car right as the hit occurs...but ya, I didn't really have the best view of the cause, just of the effect. Bummer for Greg though.

Yeah, bummer is the right word. My friend Matt came across my nose avoiding issues to his left making contact and dropping my speed. I held my straight line, but Davies was going for it and nailed me in the right rear bumper knocking my wheel well into the tire.

Thanks to Dion for offering to beat my car senseless with a hammer, Kim and Dan for repair work, and Wick for a quick alignment. I was at least glad to get out and have some fun in race 2. Hoping for cleaner racing in a few weeks at LS.

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Car Number:34
Man, an eventful weekend. On the plus side we managed an awesome 10 car paddock! Could be a record. Saturday night we ordered pizza for 18 and watched our day's racing videos. Since Brian G lives close by, we were originally going steal his house keys and move the party inside. But since he was working late into the night on Ray's car, we decided keep the party in the paddock where he could join. We set up theater seating and projected videos on the side of my trailer. Some time after dark we heard Ray's car cough and Ray, Brian, Dewey, and Ron joined the festivities. Oh, almost forgot: my Saturday race video. Starting 13th...

Enjoy!
-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Sunday race video. Starting 21st and hoping to pick up some spots...

Big shout out to Tim Barber and Charlie Hayes for putting my car back together after serious damage on the test day.

Enjoy!
-Juan

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Number:91
private video?!?! d'oh!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

private video?!?! d'oh!

Rob,

Oops! Fixed. Did you see your awesome bump? I think it's in the first video. Thanks for that!

-Juan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users