Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

I have yet to hear what the estimated completion date will be ???

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

I have yet to hear what the estimated completion date will be ???

Thunderhill

530-934-5588

Vodden is ext 101.

Post what answer you get.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Thunderhill West has been APPROVED! The Glenn County Planning Commission unanimously voted in favor of the new track extension! Construction is slated to start IMMEDIATELY. Thank you for all of your support! We will be publishing updates during constuction. In the mean time, check out what we have so far, below the break...

http://www.youtube.c...1tC_1dIHx0#t=34

FYI, this was a cut and paste I did.

I'm not thanking everyone for there support. ;)

J~

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Thunderhill

530-934-5588

Vodden is ext 101.

Post what answer you get.

J~

What ? Dunkeys can't dial phones ??

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I would but I'm kind of busy with kids pinning my tail on. :D

J~

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

J~

:shocking: since there isn't a creepy   :panic:

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)

J~

Donkey? Do explain....
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Donkey? Do explain....

Short version. So, you've never heard of "Pin the tail on the Donkey" ??

Long version, Ask Ron or PM me.

J~

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)

Short version. So, you've never heard of "Pin the tail on the Donkey" ??
Long version, Ask Ron or PM me.
J~

Just didn't know people were(are) the donkey...
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

I think it would be cool for it to be open for this years 25hr !!!   Tag it onto the east track !!!!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Yes, Vodden, I think, is going for biggest track in North America.

J~

• Derrick Ambrose likes this

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Car Number:27
Early 2014 is what i have seen of facebook. I can not imagine that the 5 mile track will get run very often as the cost would be rather high since you would have to rent both the east and west sides. Not to mention the number of coner workers you would need for 5 miles of track!!!
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

They really know how to get their rocks off.  :)

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Dave flys over the track in a helicopter taking every turn. Shaping up to be a pretty cool track.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=boyHL7uUwcc

• Derrick Ambrose likes this

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Are you a contractor? Or know one?

J~

http://thunderhill.c...131118122330587

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Are you a contractor? Or know one?

J~

http://thunderhill.c...131118122330587

Ron ??

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
To long a commute :)

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

want to borrow my motorhome?  :banana:

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

The development of Thunderhill West, the nation’s newest and most unique road course, will provide track opportunities for all who want to experience its twelve-turn, two-mile configuration as early as May 1, 2014. The new track has a number of unique characteristics including an eleven degree banked sweeper turn; a gutsy sharp left following a downhill run reminiscent of Spa’s famous Eau Rouge;  a very tight 180 degree switch-back and an abundance of ups and downs.  The track is FIA standard 36 feet wide and will offer a complete paddock, club house for class room and food service uses plus garages, decks and bathrooms with showers.

The month of May will see testing days on the course for all who want to come learn the very technical configuration. Prior to testing, track management will offer priority rentals of the new track to new and existing customers. Initially customers who have rented the existing three-mile road course will have the first right of refusal to add the two mile track and either use it as an additional track on that same day or to run the five-mile configuration that results from combining Thunderhill West with Thunderhill.  Following the offer to existing booked clients, track days on Thunderhill West will be offered to the general market place. Demand is expected to be strong for those seeking to benefit  from the newness of the venue as well as the unique track experience. Pricing is being developed and will be released in early 2014. 

One way to assure early access to Thunderhill West is to book days on the three mile track now with the expectation of adding the two mile track when it becomes available in 2014.

Currently the official grand opening of Thunderhill West will either be May 17th and 18th or June 21st and 22nd. These two weekends are part of a track championship series presented by the San Francisco Region of the SCCA, the parent company of San Francisco Region Properties, Inc., the corporate name for Thunderhill Raceway Park.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Early 2014 is what i have seen of Facebook. I can not imagine that the 5 mile track will get run very often as the cost would be rather high since you would have to rent both the east and west sides. Not to mention the number of corner workers you would need for 5 miles of track!!!

For the 25hr the current pit & paddock always gets maxed out, which then limits number of entries.  I envision putting one or two complete classes up at West, allowing 100+ cars!    It could happen....

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users