Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Just like to let everyone know that we are currently working on cleaning up the site. The goal is to make it "look' more like the old site and keep it as simple as possible for all to use. We want to maintain all that the new software has to offer but get back to th eold site "feel".
Some of the things that we are doing:

Re skinning the site to look more like the old Specmiata.com site
Logging in to Specmiata.com will soon take you to the SM section of Mazdaracers
Mazdaracers will stay active
There will be most active threads screen when you log in like there was in the old site ( there is a link on bottom of page now)
Much of the unused forums will be cut out
That and much more.

We have hired SM racer Caesar Vilmas to do the work for us.I am sure he will do a great job.

If you have any suggestions, please post here

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
If possible, bring back some of the old emoticons. They were fun. The new ones are kind of boring. I miss the dodging the thrown tomato after a smart ass comment. It's hard to read sarcasm and such when all you have is text and can't see the smirk on the face of the person delivering it. The old emots were much better in that regard.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27

We have hired SM racer Caesar Vielmas to do the work for us.I am sure he will do a great job.

No pressure now...Thanks Jim! :o

CV
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

If possible, bring back some of the old emoticons. They were fun. The new ones are kind of boring. I miss the dodging the thrown tomato after a smart ass comment. It's hard to read sarcasm and such when all you have is text and can't see the smirk on the face of the person delivering it. The old emots were much better in that regard.

+1000

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Number:30
+1 (I'm not assertive as Tom...)

Also, while the ability to always edit my own posts is nice, what I haven't found is the ability to DELETE my own posts -- hope you can add a button or something.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

+1000

x 1 miiiiiiiiillion!!!

Also set the classified up like before...with area being in the description

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

x 1 miiiiiiiiillion!!!

Where is that rolling on floor emoticon?

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Number:30
As Tom mentioned in one of the threads, the e-mail notification system seems to have gone belly-up. There's a number at the top of each page, but it doesn't grab my attention (no wisecracks!), and doesn't come to me at all until I visit the site again. Nice to have it fixed.

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Will there be a option to still use the current skin? Please say yes. :D
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

GROOTS

GROOTS

SM

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Number:48
++++ 1

Felt more at home at the old site ! :D

Jeff Gruter

Excell Motorsports

Paramount Tool & Equiptment http://www.ptetool.com/

Hatzel & Buehler Electrical Construction - IBEW

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Please keep the suggestions coming

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
Start at the beginning of the tread.
http://mazdaracers.c...t=0
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Start at the beginning of the tread.
http://mazdaracers.c...t=0
J~

You beat me to it.

~T

-tch

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

You beat me to it.

~T

There's more threads.
New Website - Colors.
Is it my imagination?
Mostly in Feb.

Big one here....
Can you mirror Mike C'c avatar from left to right so he's looking at the post like Jims. Bad impression with his back to it/us. :D
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Sorry, your imagination lost me. :-)

more threads than when?
what new colors?
???
What's in februrary?

Confusedly,

T~

-tch

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Sorry, your imagination lost me. :-)

more threads than when?
what new colors?
???
What's in februrary?

Confusedly,

T~

http://mazdaracers.com/index.php?showtopic=285&st=0&p=1676&fromsearch=1&#entry1676
http://mazdaracers.c...wtopic=307&st=0
http://mazdaracers.c...owtopic=41&st=0
http://mazdaracers.c...st=0
http://mazdaracers.c...st=0
J~

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Ah, I get it. I'm slow today. I guess. B)

I think Mike C made his avatar that way on purpose...so, he doesn't accidentally get a glimpse of Dewhearst.

-tch

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

I think Mike C made his avatar that way on purpose...so, he doesn't accidentally get a glimpse of Dewhearst.

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
I'm mostly satisfied with the current site but I do like vbulletin better. It would be nice if the picture gallery would work and if the login screen didn't require 2 different user names (I can never remember my username vs my display name).

I don't think a redesign will accomplish much. You closed the old neighborhood bar and people don't take to change all that easily. That's just the way communities work.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
I'm usually on "View New Content" looking for something new, like the old site, it's easy. I can always look farther back if I want. Like Craigs List.

All the different class on the front page make it difficult and overwhelming for some, even more if you're on a phone. "Where do i go? what do i do? Ah forget it".

If you want to know how people are using the site have a poll.
What do you do when you get to the site.
Click, View new content.
Use Search.
Scroll down and see who's here.
Click on your region.
Other.
J~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users