• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

dave gomberg

dave gomberg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:WDC
The new SCCA web site has caused some issues in getting the Preliminary CRB Minutes/Tech Bulletin posted this month. Temporarily, go to www.crbscca.com and click on the links at the bottom of the left hand column.

Dave

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
If you don't want to do that ^, here's the meat of it.

CLUB RACING TECHNICAL BULLETIN .
NOTE: This preliminary version of the Club Racing Technical Bulletin is provided at this time as
a service to the membership. These items may be corrected and will not be official until
published on the Fastrack page of the scca.com web site on or about September 20.
DATE: September 20, 2011
NUMBER: TB 11-10
TO: Competitors, Stewards, and Scrutineers
SUBJECT: Errors and Omissions, Competition Adjustments, Clarifications, and Classifications
All changes are effective 10/1/11 unless otherwise noted.
GCR
1. #5810 (CRB) Language for Required H&NR
Effective 1/1/12, in 9.3.20.C.2, replace "The use of a head and neck support system is highly recommended. As of 1/1/12,
head and neck restraints meeting SFI 38.1 or FIA 8858 will be required.
" with "The use of a head and neck restraint system
certified in accordance with SFI 38.1, FIA 8858-2002 or 8858-2010 is required; an SFI 38.1 or FIA 8858-2002 or 8858-2010
label must be properly affixed to the device."

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Many may not have noticed.. But the SFI sticker on the Hans come off or peel partially and say VOID. I have never touched mine and the sticker stays void. If you have this problem like many of us, you will need to send the Hans back for inspection a new sticker and a donation to HANS :(
Just like me. Make sure you check or you will not be allowed to race next year. I am afraid this is going to catch a lot of people out.

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Many may not have noticed.. But the SFI sticker on the Hans come off or peel partially and say VOID. I have never touched mine and the sticker stays void. If you have this problem like many of us, you will need to send the Hans back for inspection a new sticker and a donation to HANS :(
Just like me. Make sure you check or you will not be allowed to race next year. I am afraid this is going to catch a lot of people out.

Jim

I suppose you couldn't swing getting tech to check them and have them put a sticker that doesn't come off like the 2012 for the helmet?
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I suppose you couldn't swing getting tech to check them and have them put a sticker that doesn't come off like the 2012 for the helmet?
J~

Not unless they are getting their SFI stickers the same place Bill Simpson was getting them from :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
I haven't checked mine at home but does this look like a issue that will continue after I get another?

If you have this problem like many of us, you will need to send the Hans back for inspection a new sticker and a donation to HANS :(

Sounds like HANS needs to do a recall not for us to give a donation.
J~

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
If you read the HANS instruction manual (http://www.msar-safe...wnersManual.pdf), on page 3 it says about the SFI sticker:

DO NOT REMOVE these certification stickers as they will leave a VOID label in their place, voiding your certification.

On my HANS (5 years old but well taken care of, not even a scratch on the label) you can see faint "VOID" words showing through the SFI sticker. I imagine that if I were to rip off the SFI sticker, all you would see are the "VOIDs". I guess we just need a clarification from HANS that if these "VOIDs" are faintly visible through the SFI sticker, it doesn't mean your HANS is no longer certified. I'm on hold now with HANS trying to confirm...

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
Look like the HANS Sport Series 1 is being discontinued to be replaced by the Sport Series II. I've been shopping them and several of the people that sell them are discounting until Dec. If you need a HANS for next season you can save some money on a Sport Series 1 right now.

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM

If you read the HANS instruction manual (http://www.msar-safe...wnersManual.pdf), on page 3 it says about the SFI sticker:

DO NOT REMOVE these certification stickers as they will leave a VOID label in their place, voiding your certification.

On my HANS (5 years old but well taken care of, not even a scratch on the label) you can see faint "VOID" words showing through the SFI sticker. I imagine that if I were to rip off the SFI sticker, all you would see are the "VOIDs". I guess we just need a clarification from HANS that if these "VOIDs" are faintly visible through the SFI sticker, it doesn't mean your HANS is no longer certified. I'm on hold now with HANS trying to confirm...

Cheers,

Dean

Dean,

Did you get any response from HANS? Mine is in the same condition - depending on how the light hits it, it either reads VOID, or the SFI certification. I believe the sticker is still there and is intact, but that it is possible to see the voids through the sticker. And my HANS is about 5-years old also.

And Oh Boy; it looks like some new Emoticons are available! :cheers:

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Dean,

Did you get any response from HANS? Mine is in the same condition - depending on how the light hits it, it either reads VOID, or the SFI certification. I believe the sticker is still there and is intact, but that it is possible to see the voids through the sticker. And my HANS is about 5-years old also.

And Oh Boy; it looks like some new Emoticons are available! :cheers:

You can always send your Hans back and get a new sticker placed on it! I am running a very old Hans one that was made for Jeff Gordon, I simply got it recertified, Hans told me unless you just let your Hans set out int he sun it will never go bad. They didnt even want back to recertify it, but the NASA rules stated that it had to be a valid sticker and SFI stickers have an expire time. Just give Hans a call and they will get it handled for you, it only took a couple days to turn it around.

K. Webb