Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

If you run for President, I will vote for you

I would vote for him if he can reduce my Taxes and stimulate the economy. Denny for SM President.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
That's a tall order Frank ;)
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
the whole UNION thing scares the hell out of me, sounds like we should all just get a trophey for showing up to me! SCCA is a non profit ORG, correct me if I am wrong but we elect people from each region to run things and make decisions, the staff works for us as members and does what the elected leaders want. If that is true you need to get your voice in the ear of those that get elected. Now I am newer to SCCA so maybe I dont know but seems to me that is the way every other ORG I belong to works. I am even on the BOD of one and that is how things get done.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

the whole UNION thing scares the hell out of me

You and John Kasich B)

I was thinking more along the lines of forum of all SM drivers who vote on what rules we want (weight, tires, RP, etc...) for the class, and then present it to SCCA, NASA, whoever, and say "if you want us at your event, here's our rulebook". But you're right, getting SM drivers to reach a consensus on anything is like herding cats.

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60
:scratchchin:

I'm feeling rebellious today.

What we need is a nationwide Spec Miata driver's union that tells (not asks) all sanctioning bodies what we want, and what the rules are. They need us (entry $$$) every bit as much as we need them.

-Denny

As Arlo Guthrie sang in Alice's Resturant, If five people sing it it's a rebelion! :scratchchin: Or maybe that was a movement. Yea it takes more than five to be a rebellion! :soapbox:
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

You and John Kasich B)

I was thinking more along the lines of forum of all SM drivers who vote on what rules we want (weight, tires, RP, etc...) for the class, and then present it to SCCA, NASA, whoever, and say "if you want us at your event, here's our rulebook". But you're right, getting SM drivers to reach a consensus on anything is like herding cats.

Well I vote with my pocket book for the most part. I did lots less NASA this year, and lots more SCCA! Seems to me SCCA represents my ideas much better, I am the opposite of alot of drivers, I dislike NASA's passing rules(the right to block and run you down in the grass), I dislike their accident report proceedure, I hate that we race with 5-7 classes of cars at the same time, I hate that they favor the HPDE drivers over us racers, but they do have tire and other contingencies.

I am perfectly willing to give up a chance a tire contingency to get most of what I want. I believe we do a pretty good job of keeping each other in line as drivers, I know if I do stupid shit, it wont be tollerated, and someone will put me into the wall, I dont need to report every little stupid thing that happens out there. I go talk directly to the other guy when I think it may be my fault, and I expect the other driver to do the same to me. I did not get that courtesy at our last race when I had a guy turn down on me in t1, he never once approached me and therefore lost my respect. Nasa would have told him he was a bad boy, but it wouldnt have changed my outcome.

We have two race orginazations because different strokes for different folks, pick which one suits you best, or if you like them both then double down. I think there are more guys thinking the way I do here as of late, seen more of my NASA buddies showing up to get a taste of SCCA, and they are seeming to really dig it!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Yea Rick, but if only two sing, they're both fa@@ots.

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Yea Rick, but if only two sing, they're both fa@@ots.

..or father rapers or mother stabbers :hatchet:

Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Forget I said "union", that word seems to have negative connotations for some.

For the last couple years the SCCA and NASA have been playing tug-of-war with the rules. Wouldn't it be cool if we as a group said, "We think the RP should be 'x' mm, and we all voted and chose brand 'y' as the spec tire and weights should be 'x', 'y' and 'z', and by the way if you want 40-50 more entries at your event, give us our own run group and we'll bring our own rulebook."

Ain't gonna happen, but wouldn't it be cool?

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

If you run for President, I will vote for you

Sweet daddy d'mathias for President.
Just don't end up like another union boss.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Number:10 SM

I'm feeling rebellious today.

What we need is a nationwide Spec Miata driver's union that tells (not asks) all sanctioning bodies what we want, and what the rules are. They need us (entry $$$) every bit as much as we need them.

-Denny

And when have you ever seen the SM community agree on "what we want"?

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Ummm, that would be never?

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Number:10 SM
OK, getting this thread back on track (even though it is silly-season), I want to inform everyone that runs SCCA in the Great Lakes Division about Hoosier Tire Midwest’s SCCA Regional Contingency Program. And before anyone tries to give me credit, this has been a program in place for many years.

Basically, if you buy your Hoosier Tires from Hoosier Tire Midwest (yes, they are the ones that are at most of our local races), run them along with Hoosier car decals and suit patch, and you finish in the top three in class, there are contingency awards in the form of tire discounts.

1st Place - $100.00 Discount off your next purchase of 4 tires(requires 3 starters in class)
2nd Place - $50.00 Discount off your next purchase of 4 tires (requires 5 starters in class) 3rd Place - $25.00 Discount off your next purchase of 4 tires (requires 7 starters in class)

Full program requirements, rules and forms are available trackside, and will soon be available on the GLD website at www.greatlakes-scca.org . And this program applies to all regional classes, not just SM.

Contact Hoosier Tire Midwest at 574-936-8344, hoosiertireply@aim.com . Terry Gilvin is the Road Race Product Manager.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

OK, getting this thread back on track (even though it is silly-season), I want to inform everyone that runs SCCA in the Great Lakes Division about Hoosier Tire Midwest’s SCCA Regional Contingency Program. And before anyone tries to give me credit, this has been a program in place for many years.

Basically, if you buy your Hoosier Tires from Hoosier Tire Midwest (yes, they are the ones that are at most of our local races), run them along with Hoosier car decals and suit patch, and you finish in the top three in class, there are contingency awards in the form of tire discounts.

1st Place - $100.00 Discount off your next purchase of 4 tires(requires 3 starters in class)
2nd Place - $50.00 Discount off your next purchase of 4 tires (requires 5 starters in class) 3rd Place - $25.00 Discount off your next purchase of 4 tires (requires 7 starters in class)

Full program requirements, rules and forms are available trackside, and will soon be available on the GLD website at www.greatlakes-scca.org . And this program applies to all regional classes, not just SM.

Contact Hoosier Tire Midwest at 574-936-8344, hoosiertireply@aim.com . Terry Gilvin is the Road Race Product Manager.

Thanks Jerry. This is good to know. (But really we just want to kvetch with it being silly season and all.)
Rick