6 replies to this topic

smbstyle

smbstyle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1990
I noticed after installing my new Sparco Evo 2 Plus, that from behind, you can clearly see the seat is tilted to the right a tad based on the Sparco lettering on the back of the seat. It definitely isn't level. I'm pretty sure this is based on the fact that the floorboards on these cars arent exactly flat, and the trans tunnel was "modified" a bit to accept a larger seat.

My question is, is this a problem for tech at all? When you sit in the seat, you cannot tell one bit that it is tilted to one side, everything is bolted down correctly, but it actually takes my head away from the bar on the driver's side, which is definitely a plus. I was thinking of shimming the right side of the seat a bit to make it level, but I'm kind of liking it now!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
The only problem for tech I can see in these pictures is that huge opening behind your seat where the cover for the package shelf belongs. the cabin needs to be closed off from the fuel tank and truck, so much so that you need to caulk or tape any voids.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

smbstyle

smbstyle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

The only problem for tech I can see in these pictures is that huge opening behind your seat where the cover for the package shelf belongs. the cabin needs to be closed off from the fuel tank and truck, so much so that you need to caulk or tape any voids.

Thanks, I didn't know about that.

Where can I find this cover?

EDIT: Looks like Miatacage sells one. Thanks for the heads up!

G-Man

G-Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:Colorado Region
  • Car Year:1985
  • Car Number:45
My seat - coincidentally an Evo 2 Plus - is also tilted so I clear the roll bar in my IT-A 85 Rx-7. It's very secure, just tilted.

smbstyle

smbstyle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

My seat - coincidentally an Evo 2 Plus - is also tilted so I clear the roll bar in my IT-A 85 Rx-7. It's very secure, just tilted.

ok, that makes me feel better. Yeah I was pleasantly suprised after I mounted it!

Motor City Hamilton

Motor City Hamilton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:51
Are you sure the Sparco embrodery is straight? I don't think that lettering is an area with a strict quality control measurement. I would remove the seat cover and see if the seat bottom is level.

smbstyle

smbstyle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Are you sure the Sparco embrodery is straight? I don't think that lettering is an area with a strict quality control measurement. I would remove the seat cover and see if the seat bottom is level.

wow. i feel like an idiot, never thought of the seat lettering being crooked, LOL!

I'm going to go home today and double check to make sure I'm just not a complete idiot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users