FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Looks like we are going to have a fantastic weather for racing this weekend. Looking forward to the last race at mid o for me this year.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Dave Metz

Dave Metz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:36
Plan on coming out to watch. Out of tires for the year. Looking forward to it though. Hopefully there are some more miatas that enter.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Plan on coming out to watch. Out of tires for the year. Looking forward to it though. Hopefully there are some more miatas that enter.

I was hoping the same thing. going to be a perfect weekend I hope the gang comes out to play.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
16 SMs entered so far. That's a pretty good field lately. Wish OVR would quit grouping us with the SMURFs.
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Den

Den

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Car Number:37

16 SMs entered so far. That's a pretty good field lately. Wish OVR would quit grouping us with the SMURFs.

+1

Den

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

The Supps say that we get a split start with the spec wrecker fords first but we still have to qualify with them. After the Rolex weekend, i think i would rather be grouped with the IT guys as it was a pretty clean weekend, except for your bad luck Denny.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Den

Den

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Car Number:37

The Supps say that we get a split start with the spec wrecker fords first but we still have to qualify with them. After the Rolex weekend, i think i would rather be grouped with the IT guys as it was a pretty clean weekend, except for your bad luck Denny.

Up until last season OVR had us running with ITA and that was much better than it has been running with SRF!

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Number:10 SM

Dave and all the other SM'ers.

Terry Gilvin says that Hoosier will be at M-O this coming weekend, and will have some SM6 tires available for $166. I'm sure they would appreciate an advance phone call if you want some so they can be adequately stocked. Just give a call to Terry at 574-936-8344.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

downingracing

downingracing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:42

Up until last season OVR had us running with ITA and that was much better than it has been running with SRF!

The thought (and several comments from drivers) was to allow for double dipping (SM/ITA). ITA is group 2 and SM/SRF is group 4. Adding the seperation between groups allows drivers to double dip if they want. Grand-Am weekend I had a BLAST running (ITA) with SM. That is usually not the case and there have been issues and more issues in the past running ITA with SM. Both groups seem unhappy with that grouping, so moving SM to SRF group seems to be a good solution. Heck - I wish SM would bring 45 cars and you could have your own group! I love watching a huge SM field race!!!

I think the issue is what it has always been with SM - Some folks want X and others hate X and want Y. So different pockets of drivers want different things. Makes it hard to please everyone. Even with the talk of a split start at Grand-Am - Couldn't get everyone to agree on what was best....

Thanks to everyone coming out this weekend - weather looks awesome!!! See you all at the track!

Matt Downing
#14 ITA Civic

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Dave and all the other SM'ers.

Terry Gilvin says that Hoosier will be at M-O this coming weekend, and will have some SM6 tires available for $166. I'm sure they would appreciate an advance phone call if you want some so they can be adequately stocked. Just give a call to Terry at 574-936-8344.

Terry's email = tgilvin At comcast.net

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
Congrats to Kyle Webb for 1st place finishes all weekend. Good clean driving Kyle good job. Also a shout out to John Guthrie for his second place performance(s) all three races. Kyle and John out classed the filed by there running away with pretty wide margins all weekend.

It was another fun, safe, clean weekend of racing. all in all a allot of respect among drivers, I am happy to be racing with such a good group of racers.

Lastly i want to say i stand corrected on one point. I had commented how much i liked running with the IT group at the Rolex weekend, well this weekend we ran with the SRF's and it really did work well this time. there was only one SRF that was running a slower lap time then the fastest SM's so we never really had any out of class traffic. it was really not a factor over the weekend.

Thanks all for a fun weekend. Is it spring yet?
  • Caveman-kwebb99 likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Number:10 SM

Lastly i want to say i stand corrected on one point. I had commented how much i liked running with the IT group at the Rolex weekend, well this weekend we ran with the SRF's and it really did work well this time. there was only one SRF that was running a slower lap time then the fastest SM's so we never really had any out of class traffic. it was really not a factor over the weekend.

Frank,

Come to the back of the pack and run with me, and you'll get several of the SRF's running up your tail; rather quickly. But the corner workers did a good job of showing me the blue flags all weekend. :)

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

Congrats to Kyle Webb for 1st place finishes all weekend. Good clean driving Kyle good job. Also a shout out to John Guthrie for his second place performance(s) all three races. Kyle and John out classed the filed by there running away with pretty wide margins all weekend.

It was another fun, safe, clean weekend of racing. all in all a allot of respect among drivers, I am happy to be racing with such a good group of racers.

Thanks all for a fun weekend. Is it spring yet?

And congrats to Frank for his first two (or what will be many other) podiums!

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year