• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
You girls have all just been spared. Laura just had her post-foot-op checkup and is cleared to drive next weekend. Charlie, please take my spot in the trash talking with Jaime...

Perhaps I'll sneak onto the track with the V8 car in Group A?

Dean
  • Charlie Hayes likes this

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:Northern California
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:17
Dont worry Jaime. I have spent many hours studying this Dean Thomas signature pass and believe I understand it.....in theory. I will use it to get by you provinding I am behind you to begin with.

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96
Aaron,

Keep studying son. If you are nice to me I'll let you follow me around on Friday so you can see how that's not going to work.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Hmmm....son?? I believe I am older...son. and meaner! What is it little Wallace kid says about a wall?

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

You guys duke it out, I already have my post race interview speech ready! :hugegrin:
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
now thats funny

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Nor/So Cal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk&feature=related

You guys duke it out, I already have my post race interview speech ready! :hugegrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnzD1QG7Wg8

Just dont do this over 3a and you might have a chance at that speech :thumbsup:
"Punk Ass Kid" -Track HQ's top SM contributor.
Working to call myself a GT driver.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

My wirering harness issue, raised it's ugly head again at BW on Sunday.
I really need to get that all redone correctly. Need to for sure for the 6hr at TH in Dec.
I'm out.
J~

He he, I fixed it.
I'm in for PTE.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccc ya there. :crazy2:
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Don't leave us hanging... what was the electrical gremlin??

Former driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
I knew what it was. Just not sure what was involved and weather it would work.
My transponder when the car was built was wired into the window wiper motor by some top notch kids at a high school.
Didn't find out until the 1st practive at the 1st regional.
At the time I didn't have a test light so I had MCE redo it.
He or his assist wired it to the crank sensor about 6mm from the connector with a "t" that cuts into the insulation to make contact.
It worked, I had to qual, I was happy but found out later what he had done.
In June with the 50 min enduro my engine started popping and I had to drop out.
Checking/Changing all the sensor, coil etc, the wire came off in my hand.
I fixed it the best I could, siliconed it for vibration, water but It broke at BW.
Mazda doesn't sell the harness, drago wasn't sure about my car weather I had a CA car or not.
Late Friday I got the whole harness set for $150 from a salvage yard.
Ripped my dash out and started replacing connectors under the dash/hood.
Only running one O2 sensor and there's an extra connector up front but It runs good.
At least in the garage.
Will find out for sure Saturday.
Need to get my crew/driver together for the 6hr as well.
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Out of all the places to tap for a transponder........Well at least you figured it out! Im sure you had fun doing it also. :spin:
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Hey gang,

A couple notes about this coming weekend.

First, the paddock is set up a little different this time from past events. They've designated one paddock row for SE30 and one for SM, so we don't have to worry about those guys all showing up on Wednesday and claiming all of the shared space. Be sure to check the map and park in the right area. Check out the map: http://www.nasanorca...R_Paddock-1.pdf

Second, there were a few complaints about out-of-class racing from both the SM and SE30 drivers. Will Faules is going to go over this at the Saturday drivers' meeting, but here's a brief explanation. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

When you are racing in a mixed-class group, if a car clearly not in your class has caught you from behind, unless you are ACTIVELY engaged in racing another car in your class in close proximity, you should TAKE ACTION to allow the out-of-class car by. This might involve a small lift, braking early, leaving room at an apex or a point-by on your part.

Keep in mind:
  • If an out-of-class car has caught you and can't get by you, YOU are the one racing out-of-class, not the car that caught you.
  • This rule applies to the cars toward the back of the leading class and to the cars who will be lapped by the leaders of the leading class.
  • Depending on the different performance characteristics of two out-of-class cars (handling versus acceleration), consider what action you could take to help the other car past while minimizing the impact on your own lap time.
  • Following this simple rule provides more enjoyment on track for EVERYONE. Ignoring it leads to incredible frustration for some drivers.

Looking forward to seeing you all in a few days!

Cheers,

Dean
</p>

Former driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27
Dean

Thank you for having this addressed in clear and simple terms using small words. Now if we can get the SE30 guys get their collective $hit in order for the start the first time we should all have a great time!!!

Now where can I file my whiney ass complaint about the 4:50 start on sunday??? I'm sure the SoCal kids will be right there with me... :)

Editted to add smilies but cant find them and the 10 year old already gone to bed. Lol?
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Agreed but since the Historic Stock Car guys and PRC guys are there, they get the prime time. :crying2:

Elliott Skeer

Elliott Skeer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Region:Nor/So Cal

Now where can I file my whiney ass complaint about the 4:50 start on sunday??? I'm sure the SoCal kids will be right there with me... :)

Yes and no, I dont want a 5 hour wait between qualifying and race, but this results in no school on Monday for me :D
"Punk Ass Kid" -Track HQ's top SM contributor.
Working to call myself a GT driver.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
You can file the complaint with me, but there's not a lot I can do with it. If we want prime treatment, we need to get the car counts up. I need your help to show convince "other" Spec Miata drivers in the area to give NASA a try. The fact that drivers wait until the last minute to sign up makes it worse. I think we'll have 20 cars this weekend, but there are only 15 drivers signed up right now, and as of Monday, there were only 13. When Jerry sees that, he makes the decision to put the smallest group in the shittiest time slot.

This particular weekend it's compounded by the fact that this is a special Porsche Racing Club weekend - they've got two race groups and top billing. Same with the Historic NASCAR guys.

Sorry!

BTW - Jerry promised "a fun surprise for the SM/E30 group - it will be a first for NASA". I have no idea what it is. I was hoping for Infineon Backwards, but he said, "It's not THAT fun..." :)

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

BTW - Jerry promised "a fun surprise for the SM/E30 group - it will be a first for NASA". I have no idea what it is. I was hoping for Infineon Backwards, but he said, "It's not THAT fun..." :)

Cheers,

Dean

Aw you're killing me,
Flat spotted my nice RA1's and only have kooks.
J~

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
I would like it to be only a slight surprise, I watched some of the LeMons race last weekend and that was enough circus act for me in one week.

NASCAR! The historic guys are there lets show them how to run that config!

ToddW

ToddW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:67
Cool. There aren't many of these left... :D
>>>it will be a first for NASA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users