• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Region:South Jersey
The Jersey Racing Board (Northern New Jersey and South Jersey Regions) and New Jersey Motorsports Park announce the second running of The Devil in the Dark 12 Hour endurance race on NJMP's Thunderbolt Circuit. The 2011 edition will be held on Saturday, 30 April 2011 and will again run from noon to midnight. Plans are underway to hold a family friendly spectator event at the track during the race with live entertainment, food and beverages.

This race is a follow-up to the successful inaugural event run last June. The format and rules will be very similar to the first running with a few minor changes based on last year's experience. If you missed The Devil this year, be sure to put it on your calendar for next year.

The entry package will be posted on the DLB online registration system after the first of the year. Registration will open on 1 February 2011.

Terry

PS Sorry about the double post, I just discovered the SM Enduro forum

Andrew Warren

Andrew Warren

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:51
Oh we will definitely be there! Going for a win this year :)
Andrew Warren #51 SM NNJR Build Blog From Start 2 Finish
Posted Image

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
The entry information (supps, schedule, etc.) for the 2011 edition of The Devil in the Dark is posted on DLB - (set filter for South Jersey Region | Club Race All) - and the event web site .

The rules are essentially the same as last year with a few refinements based on our experience and competitor feedback.

- There is an 'earlybird' entry fee of $750 until 2/21 and a regular entry fee of $850 thereafter
- The minimum one minute window for refueling has been removed and will be replaced by a stronger penalty structure for fuel spills
- An ITX class has been added to include cars which don't quite meet the qualifications for an existing class
- Cars will be weighed without the driver with their minimum weight reduced by 180 pounds
- Several minor clean up changes

The entry for this year's race will open on 1 February 2011

Hope to see ya at The Devil

Terry

images/misc/progress.gif

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Number:65
Awesome Terry, I can't wait. Mitchum Motorsports will be there with two cars, prep is underway.

I hope those Meatheads make good on their promise to show up this year... :D
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
Online registration for The Devil in the Dark is open on DLB - set your filter for South Jersey Region to see the event calendar.

Supps and Schedule ... Entry

Earlybird registration with a $100 price reduction is available until 21 February. Submitting an Intent to Enter will hold the Earlybird price and your spot in this year's race.

See ya at The Devil

Terry

images/misc/progress.gif

mghenwood

mghenwood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:Philadelphia
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:58
Registered and preparing for another amazing 12 hour event. This event will be little darker than the last considering the new event date. Should be interesting.

Online registration for The Devil in the Dark is open on DLB - set your filter for South Jersey Region to see the event calendar.

Supps and Schedule ... Entry

Earlybird registration with a $100 price reduction is available until 21 February. Submitting an Intent to Enter will hold the Earlybird price and your spot in this year's race.

See ya at The Devil

Terry

images/misc/progress.gif

mghenwood

mghenwood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
Judging by the current entries, it looks like the SSM group will have a more competitive field this year.

Yosh

Yosh

Unobtanium Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Region:PHL
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:77
Registration done and prep is underway. We are coming back with our entire driver lineup from last year and in addition, moving our crew chief into the driver seat this year so look out!

Loved this event last year and really looking forward to it again this year!

#7 SSM - 2010 Devil in the Dark 12 Hour Enduro, 3rd Overall, 2nd SSM

Scott Koschwitz

Scott Koschwitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:New England
  • Car Number:91
My team, Bent Tie-rod Racing, is now registered, and I really have to get moving on the prep.

We had a blast last year, and didn't want to miss this year. This year, we'll have our DTR and three crew members, which will make it a lot easier on the drivers. Trust me, you don't want to run a 12-hour with crew!

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Number:12?
He-Man Racing is trying to get our ITA miata ready for the race. If we can't.......maybe we'll join you guys in SSM. Time will tell.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
Matt

Judging by the current entries, it looks like the SSM group will have a more competitive field this year.

Thank goodness you are expecting some competition this year. I would hate to see another runaway like we had last year. Posted Image

Terry

mghenwood

mghenwood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
Will there be a test day event prior to the race as there was last year?

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
Matt

Will there be a test day event prior to the race as there was last year?

There is nothing official yet but in our discussions with track management we have learned that they are considering a test day on Friday - possibly a half day open session from 1:00 to 4:00. There is no other activity scheduled on Thunderbolt on Friday. As soon as a decision is made, we will get the word out.

Terry

mghenwood

mghenwood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks for the info Terry.

Crucial Motorsports Group

Crucial Motorsports Group

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Region:SCCA 42
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:82-88
Crucial Motorsports Group out of Altamonte Springs Florida and Washington DC will be back to defend their last year's SM win at this year's The Devil in the Dark Enduro. We are looking forward to fielding two cars, our blue Spec Miata that won here last year, and our black BMW ITR that is coming off a win at the 6 hour enduro at Sebring in January.

We will be out at Summit Point this week getting dyno'd and setup after our winter tear-down. We hope to be ready for all comers.

Check our website www.crucialmotorsportsgroup.com for information about "Glow Boards".

We are looking forward to some great competition and a good time.

TreadZone

TreadZone

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
TreadZone will be there for tire support. If there's a test day I'll be there Friday morning. I'll have Toyo and some BFG and Hankook on board. Call with orders to make sure I have what you need.
See you there.
Joe
TreadZone
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it!
Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys!

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Number:12?
Team He-Man racing is officially entered in our ITA miata. Looking forward to the event!

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Number:65
Who else is making the event? This event is a blast! First class track and facilities, no pro weekend conflicts...
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Adam Figarsky

Adam Figarsky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Region:Mo-Hud
  • Car Number:32
getting pumped for this race...just took all my gear out today and checked it

...teamed up with da He-Man boys....excited to run an ITA car with true racing slicks...

Terry Hanushek

Terry Hanushek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

There is nothing official yet but in our discussions with track management we have learned that they are considering a test day on Friday - possibly a half day open session from 1:00 to 4:00. There is no other activity scheduled on Thunderbolt on Friday. As soon as a decision is made, we will get the word out.

NJMP has announced that they will have a Test Day Posted Image in conjunction with The Devil in the Dark. The test session will run from Noon to 4:00 PM on Friday, 29 April, The testing is intended for competitors in The Devil but is open to all SCCA closed wheel cars.

Fee: $200
Contact: Joe Volpe - JVolpe@njmp.com (information will be available soon on the track website - www.njmp.com )

See ya at the 12 Hour

Terry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users