Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
  • Region:Mid-South
  • Car Year:1989
  • Car Number:Any
With an overwhelming vote we will be racing the MX5 in our Member's iRacing series.

I am working on the sponsors and rules now. Long time friend and sim series owner Tim Wortman has agreed to let us use his well developed format from the closed www.NASSCAR.com.

Stay tuned and go buy a helmet, our champ will be driving the real MX5s in a school or race, 2012!

"smile back" ;)

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Auto Sports Consulting / Coaching

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

Colin MacLean

Colin MacLean

Fly Fifer

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

With an overwhelming vote we will be racing the MX5 in our Member's iRacing series.

I am working on the sponsors and rules now. Long time friend and sim series owner Tim Wortman has agreed to let us use his well developed format from the closed www.NASSCAR.com.

Stay tuned and go buy a helmet, our champ will be driving the real MX5s in a school or race, 2012!

"smile back" ;)

Looking forward to this Jim. Thanks for setting it up!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

SScott91

SScott91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Saw the post on the iRacing forum and decided to join up. Really looking forward to it, thanks for the opportunity.

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
Way cool!

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Year:1999
Is there a link to "sign up"?
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests
This site .. and everything associated with it are still in development. Thanks for racing Mazda!!

Ryan Schuster

Ryan Schuster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

This site .. and everything associated with it are still in development. Thanks for racing Mazda!!

Ahh I knew you would go mx5! This will be fun!

mahtee

mahtee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Am interested in the series, just need to know the schedule to see if I can fit it in :)

Czarny

Czarny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Number:21
Tom Long sent me the info, going to join in now with yall!

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Password for the practice tonight?

Or is it closed?

How does one join this series?

Is Tom going to be doing iRacing? That would be fun!
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
Sorry guys. I posted it in the hosted section of iRacing as our site was down. Was a last minute deal to have some fun with John. I thought I had all the interested party's emails, I was wrong. I will plan more soon!

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:DC
  • Car Number:05

Sorry guys. I posted it in the hosted section of iRacing as our site was down. Was a last minute deal to have some fun with John. I thought I had all the interested party's emails, I was wrong. I will plan more soon!

BUMMER! I was on last night too! Will have to keep an eye out in the "Hosted " section now LOL! Do you have a Name and password to use or will it change each week?
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts

BUMMER! I was on last night too! Will have to keep an eye out in the "Hosted " section now LOL! Do you have a Name and password to use or will it change each week?

Nah, just so happens this site went down right when John said he could go.

MazdaRacersCup = room

password = password

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Well I hope he had a good time so he wants to do it again. Say, when I can be there!

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RMachucaA

RMachucaA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Had a blast, thanks for hosting Jim!

cant wait to join the league :)

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
So is there any idea on a schedule? What tracks and how many races? Should we follow the actual cup as close as we can or just use the subscription road courses so nobody has to buy any extra tracks? Do we have a deffinate track choice that we can host some random sessions for some practice?
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts

So is there any idea on a schedule? What tracks and how many races? Should we follow the actual cup as close as we can or just use the subscription road courses so nobody has to buy any extra tracks? Do we have a deffinate track choice that we can host some random sessions for some practice?

I will know more next week. Trying to get some cool perks in place before we get going.

Lets practice each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night, 8:00 EST so the west coast folks can join. 240 min practice sessions.

Room: MX5CUP

PW: password

Pick your track here, high vote wins.

Also, we are doing all kinds of work on this site and some of it is out sourced. That means the site goes down and I'm not always aware. Please use the Hosted forum in iRacing if we are down, I will communicate this as best we can while in this beta period.

Please send me an email to jim@jimdaniels.com with "MX5CUP iRacing" in the subject and I will make a email list.

Thanks!

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Pick your track here, high vote wins.

Summit Main Course!!
  • RacerX likes this
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Jefferson reverse (kidding)
Summit Main
WGI (Boot)
Road Atlanta
VIR (Normal config)
Sebring (Full)
LRP (no chicanes please)

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
Ok. I'm new to iracing. Where is the hosted forum on iracing.com?

I'll be equally bad everywhere. I've only raced art lrp and laguna.

-tch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users