Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
http://nascar.speedt...-to-separation#

This deal is a mess. Kurt is a very talented guy, but obviously a very troubled guy as well. I am a fan of the Busch brothers as I respect what they can do in the car, few others can equal that. But the tirades on the radio and off track stuff has gotten too much. I have been a big fan of Penske Racing since the mid 80's, nothing but respect for Roger Penske. I have to say, from what I know about Roger, I am surprised Kurt was ever hired for one, but even more surprised how long Roger put up with his attitude. Every time I hear Roger basically tells Kurt to be quiet and drive the car and Kurts sarcastic reply " 10-4, dude", I hear him really saying F You. I can't believe Roger stood for that as long as he did.
I think Kurt has some issues to work out, recent divorce, constant turmoil in the car etc. I think he is a dedicated guy who really could benefit from some time on the Shrinks couch or maybe some medication. :) I know I am probably in the minority, but the Busch brothers make Nascar racing more enjoyable to watch, not the crashes or rants, but watching the talent of those two. If you missed the Sonoma race this year, it was total domination by Kurt, you rarely see someone dominate a race like he did that one.

Hopefully the guy gets some help, grows up and lands with a team and sponsor capable of giving the guy a car capable of competing. I think he may be out of chances with a front running team

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
And no top rides with an open seat in 2012.

For both Busch boys - they get paid obscene amounts of money to do something they love and all they have to do is not be a dick in public - why is that so freakin hard to accomplish?

Hope Kurt sits-out 2012.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
So true.. If they could only shut up :) There is no here he could really land right now.. I suspect he will be watching.

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
I told my son about this at breakfast this morning, he's 7... He said "he wins races and won a championship before, right?" I replied yes. He said "I guess winning really isn't everything."
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53
Now, I hope Joe Gibbs Racing follows suit and releases Kyle Busch. I sent a personal email to J D Gibbs after Kyle pulled his attempt at killing Ron Hornaday at Texas. I also sent an email to the CEO of Mars Candies, his principal sponsor. The answer from Mars was "we have suspended our sponsorship for the remainder of 2011". I answered by suggesting they consider other drivers such as Regan Smith or Trevor Bayne.

There are many, many young drivers who have talent waiting in the wings. Having spent 17 years with a Pro short track race series, I assure you the Busch brothers are no better than 100 others. They just got the chance, but like some others, they couldn't deal with success.

Too bad the Busch brothers weren't around 20 years ago cause Jimmy Spencer & Richard Childress would have taken care of business. But they would have had to wait until Earnhardt, Wallace, Waldrip, Jarrett, Irvin, etc. finished with them. But that was back when NASCAR was a race not a show!

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60
Bravo Roger and c'mon coach. I know it's considered inapropriate in road course circles to admit enjoying any form of circle track racing, but I frankly enjoy it (to include trips to the local dirt track occasionally). That said, I don't enjoy watching whiners who are being paid millions acting like children. Further, I hate to see the mediocre likes of legacy drivers like Steven Wallace taking up seat space that could be filled by so many drivers with real skill (to include better marketability). Heck, at least Danica is good for her sponsors!
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

trey

trey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:SCCA Houston
  • Car Year:2006
  • Car Number:5
Good job Mr. Penske

Hard to believe they ( Miller Brewing ) ever hired Kurt to drive a car sponsored by an image product ( Miller Lite ) ... He's such a nerd he could win every race and still not be able to sell beer.

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
reap what = sow

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94
Kurt Busch was never worthy of the #2 after Rusty Wallace retired. That car/team/owner deserves much better.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
Word on Sirius Speedway is David Ragan could take the ride this week. He was released from RFR today due to lack of sponsorship. Moody and gang talked to both Busch and Bud Dinker at Penske who termed the decision "mutual". Sound to me like the corp speak when an exec leaves to "spend more time with family" or to "pursue other interests" but the Charlotte Observer initially reported it as a release Busch and the team are playing the mutual card. Other choices could include Brian Vickers or David Reutimann. I'd like to see Rooty get it because of what I've seen in the garage he is great with the fans, particularly the kids. And besides how will Buzzie's dirt program continue to be funded if Rooty doesn't have a full time gig. :D They've even gone as far on Reutimann Racing to get an email campaign going to support Rooty for the ride.

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

I'd like to see Rooty get it because of what I've seen in the garage he is great with the fans, particularly the kids. And besides how will Buzzie's dirt program continue to be funded if Rooty doesn't have a full time gig. :D They've even gone as far on Reutimann Racing to get an email campaign going to support Rooty for the ride.

IMHO, Rooty's chances at getting Kurt's seat are similar to Ron Paul's election shot. Nice guy, good driver, not cosmetically attractive. NASCAR sponsors want a driver who speaks well, looks good, and wins. He only has (and then only sort of) one of those going for him.
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year