Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
  • Region:Mid-South
  • Car Year:1989
  • Car Number:Any
Drago again came home with his tail tucked. Based on the reports this should be a great smack starter topic.

Who is the first to toss some stones? What happened?

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Auto Sports Consulting / Coaching

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Drago timed the restart correctly, Danny and some of the SE's finest drove away though.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
You really must want us posting over here.. You're even baiting me :)

The competition was tough, no real regrets. I should have finished third Saturday and if Andrew and Alex didnt get taken out in the mess Sunday, I was racing for third as well. But finished a distant 5th after coming back through the field.
Lots of craziness coming through the field.
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts

You really must want us posting over here.. You're even baiting me :)

The competition was tough, no real regrets. I should have finished third Saturday and if Andrew and Alex didnt get taken out in the mess Sunday, I was racing for third as well. But finished a distant 5th after coming back through the field.
Lots of craziness coming through the field.
Jim

I just want the stories in the spot I have time to read... ;)

VIDEO of that drive Jim, email me or post IDK.

Any tech?
  • Danny Steyn likes this

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I know they pulled starters and restrictors on top three on Saturday, not sure what was done on Sunday.
No video from me.. brought camera, forgot to install Saturday.. forgot again on Sunday... So Wheeler went and got it for me and we put it in on grid, I put it in and left the card in Memphis and handed it back to Wheeler :angry:

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts

I know they pulled starters and restrictors on top three on Saturday, not sure what was done on Sunday.
No video from me.. brought camera, forgot to install Saturday.. forgot again on Sunday... So Wheeler went and got it for me and we put it in on grid, I put it in and left the card in Memphis and handed it back to Wheeler :angry:

Well sh*&!

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Jim D,

Maybe a dedicated "Race Video Only" section as a SM sub forum?? Or maybe combine it with SMTV?

Every Topic has to start with a date and track along with video...then others who have videos of the same race could post in thread along with the usually blah blah blah talk! This has typically been done in the regional forums but it might be cool to have one spot for all videos...which makes it very easy to come back and find later...just a thought :)

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
Great idea, Mike??

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

matpombo

matpombo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:#01
Sounds like I am happy I went to Daytona instead. It's always funny to watch J Tucker defend his breathren like he's their little sister looking up to them with admiring goo goo eyes. In all seriousness it looked like a racing deal at the start. Do you guys remember when we had 50-60 cars at every race? I don't ever remember hearing of or being involved in the incidents that are occurring at todays big events such as the runoffs, the sprints, or any big event with large fields. These big races attract a lot of entrants and I think people have too much of a get it now mentality in these events due to not having such large fields anymore. We are lucky in the SEDIV to get 20 SM's at nationals. We had 50-60 SM's at every event 5 years ago. I think the racecraft required back then is not developed like it used to be in todays climate. There is really no give and take anymore it seems. What are your guys thoughts?

Mat

P.S. By the way, I like the video idea.
Mat Pombo
VP Pombo Racing
www.pomboracing.com
www.imotoracing.com
Grand-AM ST Mazdaspeed3
SCCA/NASA Spec Miata

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
SEDIV has aggressive guys in fast cars that want to win. Sure looked like a racin' deal to me. Too many guys want the same turf, too fast, not enough room. The discussion in that thread was entertaining, comical at times. Mat's comment about developing race craft is good. It seems to me, particularly in SM, that many if not most of the newer guys go right from DE into cars and some have only been racing a few years.

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:40 ;-)

Jim D,

Maybe a dedicated "Race Video Only" section as a SM sub forum?? Or maybe combine it with SMTV?

Every Topic has to start with a date and track along with video...then others who have videos of the same race could post in thread along with the usually blah blah blah talk! This has typically been done in the regional forums but it might be cool to have one spot for all videos...which makes it very easy to come back and find later...just a thought :)

Ditto.

Good call Ron!

Please JD!!!!
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users