Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60
I recently set up a sim race seat with a Mad Catz wheel and X Box 360 and have been unable to get past air pressure adjustments in the pre race set up menu on Forza 4. I assumed that was because I lacked the sufficient driver ponts, but with twenty plus cars in the garage and 40 plus "Career" wins, I doubt that's it.

I suspect it's the obvious that I'm missing! Any help would be appreciated!
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
There's got to be a 12 year old in your neighborhood that could help. B)
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

There's got to be a 12 year old in your neighborhood that could help. B)

Smart azz! Actually he's eleven and he couldn't figure it out either...

barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Chris Adams

Chris Adams

Rep. of Lexington, KY

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Region:NASA-GL
  • Car Number:187
Right bumper/Left bumper. You navigate quite a few menus in F4 with these!

If your wheel doesnt have those buttons, use the controller. The bumpers are where your index finger would naturally lie on the controller, the very top, above the triggers and joysticks.

I used to be 12 years old... 12 years ago!
Chris Adams
90' SM
NASA-GL #187 SM

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Right bumper/Left bumper. You navigate quite a few menus in F4 with these!

If your wheel doesnt have those buttons, use the controller. The bumpers are where your index finger would naturally lie on the controller, the very top, above the triggers and joysticks.

I used to be 12 years old... 12 years ago!

Thanks Chris:
I'll try the controller tonight. I tried pressing every #%!!* button and pedal and even turning the wheel on the Mad Catz set up with no access to set up.
Rick

barely kill you.

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Thanks Chris:
I'll try the controller tonight. I tried pressing every #%!!* button and pedal and even turning the wheel on the Mad Catz set up with no access to set up.
Rick

Chris:
The controller suggetsion worked and I also discovered that the shif paddles are L/R bumpers. But when I tried to make adjustments (beyond air pressure) the side to side curser had no effect. The up/down moved the highlight from (for example) the front sway bar to the rear, but I couldn't affect any adjustment with the wheel's curser button. My consern is that the Xbox unit apparenty talk to the wheel and the hand controller at the same time, so there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust set up and use the wheel Any ideas?
Rick

barely kill you.

Ernie Jr.

Ernie Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2012
  • Car Number:98
Can you disconnect the wheel and use the controller to do the setup then connect back up the wheel after you change the setup. I do that on GT5 on my PS3 to take photos of the car.

P.S. I am 13, so I am the closest to 12 here!! :lol:

Ernie Francis Jr.
www.ErnieFrancisJrRacing.com
Pirelli World Challenge TCB/GTS Driver

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48
is the car modified with adjustable sway bars etc?

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

is the car modified with adjustable sway bars etc?

JR.
That is actually what I'm attempting to do. I'm going to try 13 year old Eddie's idea.
Rick