30 replies to this topic

Dirt Surfer

Dirt Surfer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Year:1991
The newer cars are easier to make weight too if you are of the larger driver variety. I struggle with my 91 and I only weigh 200 lbs. The new rules will help though.
I'm not Crazy but I'am a Carrier

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Hello Ron, Contractor? Me to! I could also be tempted to find a 04+ mazsaspeed miata turbo, love those things.forget the spec racing and build a weekend warrior?

880 or 680 corridor? Can give you a referral for a 90% ready 99 build and another 70% ready...both in or under your budget. Also have a donor if you want to start from scratch! PM me is best. If your going to run local SM is where you want to be...no MX5 here yet to speak of.
  • MSJP likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
This one's in SoCal, seem like a great deal with all the Data and spares.
http://mazdaracers.c...-spare-engines/
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
I believe Dan Gehringer just bought this...will be back in NASA!
  • MSJP likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
Ok, how about Tom McCarthy 99 SM for 12k.
http://www.folgergra...nuary2012/#/30/
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
YOU CAN BUY MY CAR
http://www.youtube.c...l?v=RO0JLgxWKNw
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

YOU CAN BUY MY CAR
http://www.youtube.c...l?v=RO0JLgxWKNw

Andrew if you were driving I am sure you could have pulled just a few more G's is all it would take.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MSJP

MSJP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:West
I like the idea of starting from scratch and I been seeing decent 99+ miatas with around 90-150k miles at about 3500-5500 price tag.
5 speed it is and I would like a running car to drive around on the backroads while getting all the parts together.
Once that is done I can get the whole chassis stripped down and getting someone to build a cage into this.

Ron, I am located right off by 980.

Who is a good local person to get nice cages built into a miata?

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
PM sent

Ron

RAmotorsports

SeventhCircle

SeventhCircle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Ok, how about Tom McCarthy 99 SM for 12k.
http://www.folgergra...nuary2012/#/30/
J~

Taken, by me, I think. Woo!

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
A word of caution... If you're going to convert a car over time, expecially for budget reasons, be careful about putting in too many go fast goodies as you go. A number of them won't be usable in either a SM or a monster V8 and they don't usually go up in value. Unless you find it for a steal, HP related stuff won't help you with either route. A good roll bar goes without saying. A good helmet will still be usable. Stiffer suspension might be best to look for used. You can still have a lot of fun with the car without trying to make it as fast as possible while you go and don't want to build the car twice.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spec Miata

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users