Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60
Just sent in my registration and thought I'd start the pot cooking to see who's planning to come to the annual maybe-it-snows, maybe-it-blows, maybe-it'll-shine Spring Mid Ohio event.
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Speedycrw

Speedycrw

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Region:Western Michigan
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:55
I'll be running... first event of the year! Just need to know whether we need slicks, rains, or snows!

Chris Williams
2000 Spec Miata Orange #55
NASA Great Lakes Spec Miata Series Director

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

I'll be running... first event of the year! Just need to know whether we need slicks, rains, or snows!

Chris:
If past is prologue, we may need all three!
Rick

P.S. Is there going to be a practice day Friday 4/8?

barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Speedycrw

Speedycrw

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Region:Western Michigan
  • Car Number:55

Chris:
If past is prologue, we may need all three!
Rick

P.S. Is there going to be a practice day Friday 4/8?

Rick,

Friday is a practice day, I think it is $209 for the day and you can register online.......

Chris Williams
2000 Spec Miata Orange #55
NASA Great Lakes Spec Miata Series Director

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Rick,

Friday is a practice day, I think it is $209 for the day and you can register online.......

Thanks Chris.
All set. Just spent another $212.98!
Rick

barely kill you.

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
D & D plan to be there.
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
I will be there, For sure. Last year I did the comp school on Friday and when we came out to do our first side by side drill, there was an inch of snow in my seat. Doing the drills in the driving blowing snow was a thrill.

I will have a new motor I am thinking of trying to do the 100 speed one day event at Putnam the end of march to work the bugs out. anyone doing that as a warm up?

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Dave Metz

Dave Metz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:36
Should be out to watch. In the middle of my build now. Does anyone know if I can get my car teched without running the weekend? Hopefully I will have it pretty close by then, but still will need to hit a school first. Hope to be at most of the other Mid Ohio weekends as I live about 9 minutes away.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Number:99
Chris, with the current NASA rules you have a great shot at the SM national Championship!!!!!! Will be watching and wishing you the best unless they change the rules to give the 99's a fighting chance!!!!!! I will be racing SM in SCCA this year so hope to see you back over there with your hoosiers! I am determined to close that gap on you this year, so we can do some seriously good highly spirited racing (you to Rick)!!!!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Dave, I'm sure tech can fit you in during the first Mid-O event, but you may need to be patient (bring a chair and a good book). Car should be completed, not "pretty close". An alternative is a NASA-approved tech center. There is one in Dublin, OH (probably 1/2 hr from you) - Jeremy Lucas of FastTech. I'm a big advocate of getting your annual before the first race weekend. A lot less turmoil or last minute surprises.

Tip - start practicing exiting your car in full race gear in under 10 seconds. There will be a quiz.

-Denny

Chris Adams

Chris Adams

Rep. of Lexington, KY

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Region:NASA-GL
  • Car Number:187
I'll be attending the Mid-Ohio school on April 8th and 'hopefully' be racing my provisionals on that Sat and Sun if all goes well.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to Mid-Ohio!
Chris Adams
90' SM
NASA-GL #187 SM

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

I'll be attending the Mid-Ohio school on April 8th and 'hopefully' be racing my provisionals on that Sat and Sun if all goes well.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to Mid-Ohio!

Chris we will look forward to seeing you there. Have you begun putting your check list together? 1. reserve NASA number 2, down load annual tech form and take to approved shop for pre tech, 3. get a physical within 90 days of the event 4. Register with MO class, bring all the race gear. fill out and pay NASA for your provisional. Your going to have fun. Not cheap fun but fun.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Chris Adams

Chris Adams

Rep. of Lexington, KY

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Chris we will look forward to seeing you there. Have you begun putting your check list together? 1. reserve NASA number 2, down load annual tech form and take to approved shop for pre tech, 3. get a physical within 90 days of the event 4. Register with MO class, bring all the race gear. fill out and pay NASA for your provisional. Your going to have fun. Not cheap fun but fun.

Thanks for the checklist, Frank!
Bryan Cohn and I have been exchanging emails and he, like you, has been a big help in getting me prepared for the season!

1) Just registered for my number. Awaiting reply.
2) I'll most likely tech at the event as there is not a shop close by. I paid for the annual tech when I signed up for the event. Will this suffice?
3) I'll get that physical scheduled at some point before the race.
4) Class is registered and paid for, as is the NASA weekend!

Fun is why I'm here... that and competition :D
Chris Adams
90' SM
NASA-GL #187 SM

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Paid for the annual tech? :huh:

Chris Adams

Chris Adams

Rep. of Lexington, KY

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Paid for the annual tech? :huh:

Unfortunatly!

This is from nasa great-lakes:

Annual Tech inspections:

At track annuals now $40 (TT / Race only)

I'll be honest, I would have spent more than $40 towing my miata up to Cinci and back to get it teched. Although now I have to add tech into the pre-track hustle.
Chris Adams
90' SM
NASA-GL #187 SM

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
My 'approval rating' for NASA just dropped a few points.

htron435

htron435

Can't reMember

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Region:NASA Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:113
I'm in, and I'm looking forward to the season. Frank, is your car back together?

Jay North
ATC Trailer Dealer
www.jaynorthauto.com

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

I'm in, and I'm looking forward to the season. Frank, is your car back together?

Yes the car is but the motor and transmission are not. I started a thread in the garage forum where I will post the pics as I go through the process of rebuilding the transmission.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
:D

Thanks for the checklist, Frank!
Bryan Cohn and I have been exchanging emails and he, like you, has been a big help in getting me prepared for the season!

1) Just registered for my number. Awaiting reply.
2) I'll most likely tech at the event as there is not a shop close by. I paid for the annual tech when I signed up for the event. Will this suffice?
3) I'll get that physical scheduled at some point before the race.
4) Class is registered and paid for, as is the NASA weekend!

Fun is why I'm here... that and competition :D

Chris:
I'd strongly suggest you get it done before your school weekend. There is just too much chance that some detail will be lacking and you'll have no opportunity to make the necessary correction.

Assuming they're still set up with NASA, you can take your car to Modular Depot in Florence, KY for your annual. It's about an hour away from you and is about 100' off I-75 (they're right under the "Florence Y'all" water tower). The number is 859.234.5551. Ask for Greg.
Rick