5 replies to this topic

wildhorsesracing

wildhorsesracing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:NASA-SE
Posted Image

NASA-SE proudly presents the annual Pot-O-Gold Rush at Road Atlanta in Winder, GA on March 9-10-11, 2012. This will be a fun filled event that promises to exceed all previous levels of NASA-SE quality events. We will have our normal schedule starting on Friday and continuing through out the weekend. This event includes:

High Performance Driver's Education (HPDE) - drivers of all makes and models of cars can sign up and begin at the novice level (HPDE 1) and work their way to advanced driving skills. All drivers start with classroom instruction as well as an in-car instructor to guide you to drive your car at the limits. All of this takes place with the safety of a racetrack under controlled conditions.

Time Trials (TT) - Drivers will compete for their fastest lap times and win all types of contingency money and prizes. The beauty of TT is the fact that you can do all of this with only your street car and a helmet!

Sprint Races - All of the standard NASA classes will be participating, 944Spec, SpecBoxter, American Iron(AI), Factory Five Racing (FFR), German Touring Series (GTS), Honda Challenge(HC), Performance Touring(PT), SpecE30, SpecMiata, SpecZ, Super Unlimited(SU), Super Touring(ST), ThunderRoadster(TR), etc. Cars will be split up into groups and the racing will be intense to watch and participate in!

Competition License School - The best way to learn the strategies and rules to compete in NASA races!

Instructor Clinic Level I - Learn the key techniques to becoming a certified NASA Instructor.

To Register ONLINE click HERE
http://www.nasa-se.com/2012Mar09.php

For more info about Road Atlanta click HERE
http://www.roadatlanta.com/

For More Details about NASA-SE Click HERE
http://www.NASA-SE.com/

Posted Image

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Congrats to Steve DeVinney, for his wins Sat. and Sunday at Road Atlanta, He put a whipping on us Ohio Guys, Clean racing, good weather, we all had a good time.

Jim He needs a Winner flag!

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Steve D

Steve D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:30
Thanks Frank. It was great hanging out with the Great Lakes Gang -- even Kyle! :spin:

The two best results of the weekend?
1. EVERYONE put their cars on their trailers without damage.
2. EVERYONE in the field of 7 cars won Toyo bucks for at least one of the races.

That's the kind of weekend that makes me want to keep coming back.

PS - Yes, it feels great to have finally won a Spec Miata race at my home track too!!!

Steve DeVinney
Retired mediocre driver

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jason J Ball

Jason J Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:NASA-SE
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:15
Nice job Steve!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Thanks Frank. It was great hanging out with the Great Lakes Gang -- even Kyle! :spin:

PS - Yes, it feels great to have finally won a Spec Miata race at my home track too!!!

As Usual Steve treated us like we were regulars at the SE region races, The racing was good, The tech was nice! Only time I have seen a RP measured other than the Nationals!!!!!
I for one am glad Steve actaully takes the time to do Tech, he uses the OPM crew to do most of it, and they have no dog in the fight. Steve also invited us all to feel free to tech whatever we wished on his car, we all declined his invitation. The only thing suspecious was the NOS sticker on his fire bottle and the hose leading to the engine compartment.

I for one want to Publicly congradulate Steve for not only his first SM win but also his Second, as he was the best of us both days, took the pole both days, and never gave up the lead to my knowledge. Way to go Steve!!!!!!!! :shoot:
  • FTodaro likes this

K. Webb