Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Congratulations to my friend and teammate Craig Berry on his first national win. Long time coming. My apologies to Chris Halderman, we touched wheels fighting for second and both of our wheels broke with one to go, completely my fault. Glad Chris was able to finish third, my tire went flat. Great run by Matt from 8th to third. reat track if you have never raced it, one of my favorites.

Too tired to write anymore... we do it all again tomorrow
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

mdavis

mdavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Region:Texas
Lots of carnage today. Looked like Kent was standing next to his car so I assume he is ok. Looked like quite a few mechanicals too. I actually turned right instead of going into the pits on the cool down lap so we could cross the track and go home. Didn't stick around to see how things sorted themselves out. I like that track but it seems really hard on equipment.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

Lots of carnage today. Looked like Kent was standing next to his car so I assume he is ok. Looked like quite a few mechanicals too. I actually turned right instead of going into the pits on the cool down lap so we could cross the track and go home. Didn't stick around to see how things sorted themselves out. I like that track but it seems really hard on equipment.

Seeing how I have never been to Hallet, but only heard good things about it from people, food to great track, can you elaborate? Do you feel the track is hard on equipment itself (like MSRH with car eating wall), or the drivers hard on their equipment due to the track layout and competative drive up front?

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Walk of Shame

During Sunday's race with about three laps to go, I made an attempt to pass Blake inside at turn 6. I watched Haldeman manage the pass several times during the race and was ready to give it a try. It appears I ran out of tallent, about two thirds the way through the turn, as I tracked out into Matt Reynolds who had not cleared. Matt went off and I broke up the melee of 5 cars duking it out for second.

I should not have attempted the pass especially with Matt at the exit. It was not a hard rub but it did ruin his race. For that I sincerely apollogize. I know I would be frustrated with someone if they punted me while attempting an ill advised pass of another competitor. Can't take it back, but I can learn from it. I clearly owe you one Matt.
  • Danny Steyn likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Gatoratty

Gatoratty

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:3
Who hit Kent?
Paul McLester
SM #3
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

mdavis

mdavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Region:Texas

Seeing how I have never been to Hallet, but only heard good things about it from people, food to great track, can you elaborate? Do you feel the track is hard on equipment itself (like MSRH with car eating wall), or the drivers hard on their equipment due to the track layout and competative drive up front?

It's maybe a little of both. When it rains there (like it did in the AM both days) and you go off in the wrong place- you immediately accelerate into the tires. There are a couple of rough patches of pavement and some really hard braking areas and second gear corners which can lead to missed shifts and ground up 3rd gears. It's very different from a track like TWS. That's not a bad thing in my opinion-just different.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
James,

First time there so take this for what its worth. The track punishes over agressive driving, smooth is fast. I spent all day Friday dirt surfing and chewing up chin spoilers on some old (15+ groove of death tires). 2 second to third gear shifts that if you don't hit the turn in correctly leave the car bound up and could lead to the dreaded 2-5. Rough paving, like cheese grater in some places, punishes the right front hub. Kent and I (and I think Haldeman) lost right front hubs this weekend.

However those same things make it very fun and create passing oppotunities. I found myself fist pumping when I nutted a line because you were instantly rewarded with -.2 on the predictive. Some of the lines are very narrow, 6 and 10 ate my lunch all weekend.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Who hit Kent?

Steve D

Steve D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:30

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=FjNw9P12VDk

Damn! That guy should lose his license and buy Kent a new car.

...from what I can see in that one camera angle, didn't see the dog run out in front of the hip-checker's car, (insert all other appropriate disclaimers here), etc.
  • Nash Lawson likes this

Steve DeVinney
Retired mediocre driver

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
The car is toast, but I'm fine. A bit sore here and there. I'm joining the ranks of the eeeeevil NB club.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
So... who drives the #73?

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Matthew Wolfe

Matthew Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:CDR
  • Car Number:73
I apologized profusely to Kent for the fact we had contact and he got the worst of it. I am extremely happy that he is ok and it was only property damage. If you look in the earlier part of the video you can see that I left him room when he stuck his nose in on the right before moving all the way to the left in turn 10. I was aware he was there and faster. I had a better drive out of the corner and held my line as I was passing him. Looks like our lines were on an intersecting path and the rear of my front right tire touch the front of his left front tire causing the wheel to jerk to the right. This was a very unfortunate incident with a very bad outcome. To insinuate that I would porously put someone’s life at risk is ludicrous and just shows that you do not know me. I have been drilled and had my car damaged to the point of being un-drivable multiple times myself and I know it sucks.

Kent, again, I am very sorry we had to meet this way on track and am glad you are ok. That was a very hard hit. Thank you for posting the video so I could see it from your point of view.

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03
You need to adjust your line when it means another competitor will either 1) be forced off the racing surface, or 2) result in contact if that driver elects not to leave the racing surface to give you the optimum line.

That being said, I am sure you didn't intend the outcome that happened.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA