- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Lance Snyder

Lance Snyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Practice session for the MX5 Cup series will commence tonight at 20:00, the track will be Indy Road Course with 240 minutes of open practice. Password is.. guess what... password Come on out and play with some serious drafting action. This is a practice session for our official series which will end up with a lucky winner receiving either a race weekend or school in an actual MX5 car. MX5Cup.com will be getting launched in the coming weeks with more information.
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation

Lance Snyder

Lance Snyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
And the server is open
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:DC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:05

And the server is open

Thanks Lance that was fun! Going to be a fun series!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Scottie

Scottie

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:19
Do work Mike!
How do I fit this Ls7 into my mia.... nevermind

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Do work Mike!

Ha, this was 11 o'clock last night thank you! You should come back and try it out again in my new cockpit! Got it built last weekend and it is sweet! No more wandering computer chair LOL! Also I just noticed a message you sent to my FB, sorry dont use it that often anymore, send them here. I would be glad to guide you to a decent machine for iRacing, just need some info, budget and what you have now. Thanks to adjustable graphic settings you can run it on a pretty low end system as long as the frame rates stay above 24FPS at least and 30FPS would be better. The problem then becomes how well you can see the tracks. The lower the graphics the more pixelated everything becomes and the harder it is to see the brake markers and the apex. What you saw at my house was EVERYTHING maxed out on the graphics settings (very pretty) and I can maintain 80 to 150 frames a second! My base tower was about $800 2 years ago and I just added a Nvidia GTX460 ($220) with 1 GB ram graphics card. Depending on budget I would shoot for a Core i7, at least to start, and build from there. AMD has some decent CPU's a little cheaper but I prefer Intel, just a personal preference. PM me and I will head you in the right direction.
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
  • Region:Mid-South
  • Car Year:1989
  • Car Number:Any
Wednesday:

Hello Gang!

Tonight, Indy Road!

Open practice for MX5Cup interested parties.

Room: MX5CUP

PW: password

8:30 EST, 240 minute practice session.

Tell a friend!

See you there,

JD

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Auto Sports Consulting / Coaching

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

RMachucaA

RMachucaA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Wednesday:

Hello Gang!

Tonight, Indy Road!

Open practice for MX5Cup interested parties.

PW: password

8:30 EST, 240 minute practice session.

Tell a friend!

See you there,

JD

Thanks for hosting! had a blast :)

Zack Skolnick

Zack Skolnick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Car Year:1993
Had a good time with you guys last night online. Will their be another hosted session tonight?

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Yeah Zack Mid-Ohio was fun tonight, sorry I missed you guys. I did manage to get top time when I left at 1:40.5!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
Very nice lap!

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
Hi gang,

We are close to announcing the schedule and season perks!

We will be on tonight, 7:30 CST. Please invite some friends!

password is password

Track, Barber

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
Was a great run guys, enjoyed it!

I did some 4s in the F1, high downforce setup after 4 laps of fuel burn.

Not pretty at all but was fun to hang on.

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Number:41
Had a blast! Sorry I was a mess. New to Barber....new to F1 car....downloaded both today. I spent a couple hours on Barber in the mx5, but I bought the F1 when we left Charlotte. I only managed a 1:45 in the mx5 at Barber, today.

Gotta learn to look farther down the course...and, improve my "touch" on the throttle. I don't know how many times I spun it loose on exit. I suppose staying in a taller gear would have helped. I couldn't get into a rhythm. Probably because I wasn't looking far enough ahead. And only completed about 5 consecutive laps. Should have slowed down, I s'pose.

Thanks for hangin' and trying to help JD. It was hard to hear what you were saying through my speakers....I tried to turn down my engine volume...but, still couldn't really tell what you were trying to tell me. I heard "flat through here..." and "brake at the 100 foot marker"....and "the curbs will spin you out". I almost got flat up the hill by the time I gave up. But, the 100ft mark is still beyond my threshold braking ability. I'd blame my wheel/pedals....but, I think there's a lot left in them. I never intentionally took a curb, but staying off them is tough!

I will be getting a headset, ASAP.

MX5 Drafting was fun, too. A whole different beast from road course.

Cool deal. Thanks for setting this up, coming out to play, and helping us slow-pokes.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Number:41
Speaking of headsets....who recommends what?

Someone recommended the Logitech G35. Other options?

-tch

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RMachucaA

RMachucaA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Was a great run guys, enjoyed it!

I did some 4s in the F1, high downforce setup after 4 laps of fuel burn.

Not pretty at all but was fun to hang on.

Noticed the session open, but everyone had left :\.

Did 6 or so laps, managed a 1:02.9, im sure 1:00's are there with the perfect setup\lap.

Cant wait to see the schedule, Barber is insane fun with the mx5.

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts

Speaking of headsets....who recommends what?

Someone recommended the Logitech G35. Other options?

-tch

Anything cheap that works so 30-50 buck range, any Logitech.

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Buelligan

Buelligan

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Practice tonight Watkins Glen. Come one come all!
Mike Monaghan
WDCR SSM #05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users