Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91
Fun stuff.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=5zQfR_1koXQ
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Steve D

Steve D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:30
Why do all your videos have critical remarks about other drivers?

Steve DeVinney
Retired mediocre driver

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Why do all your videos have critical remarks about other drivers?

Aparently Rob like to crit·i·cizeeveryone but doesn't like it when critized back especially from national champions.

I am glad that it's not just me and charbs that are tired of that BS. Very observant SteveD :)

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:57
Found some photos from that weekend on the interwebs...

Pre race car prep:

Posted Image

Getting up on the wheel, you should probably wear your hans/helmet next though...

Posted Image

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Ohhhh MYYYY GODDDDDD....
  • Alex Bolanos likes this

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

AFJones

AFJones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
AC please give Rob some pointers, so he won't be 27 seconds off the pace.

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Aparently Rob like to crit·i·cizeeveryone but doesn't like it when critized back especially from national champions.

I am glad that it's not just me and charbs that are tired of that BS. Very observant SteveD :)

If someone grossly cheats the start, passes under yellow, or isn't paying attention, they can expect some publicity. That wasn't the point of the video though. I enjoyed some good clean wheel to wheel in that one without anyone getting bumped off track.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Now you calling people cheaters? Do you race corvettes also? Wow get a grip... if the pole sitter accelerates you are supposed to stay up on them. Maybe they should not accelerate but if they do then you can also, your should just hold the pace the pole sitter sets.

Thank God we can count on you to be the Race Police... If someone isnt paying attention posting up a vid doesnt solve your problem it just creates a whole set of new ones. Your just always so damn condecending to those that you race with. Theres a book for that "How to win freinds and influence people" some seriously suggested reading. I dont always follow the book the best myself but I do try.

That vid looked like fun driving, you could have just done without the negative comment at the start, IMO, as it really gains you nothing but possibly an enemy. As I am pretty sure you gained in that dept. on the fault finding mission as well. If thats the goal then keep up the good work.

K. Webb

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Alex your secret is out. Nice Pit crew, or is that "arm pit" crew?

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

Fun stuff.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=5zQfR_1koXQ

That was sure fun too watch boy like watching paint dry and how many apexes can you miss in one lap LOL
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

If someone isnt paying attention posting up a vid doesnt solve your problem it just creates a whole set of new ones. Your just always so damn condecending to those that you race with. Theres a book for that "How to win freinds and influence people" some seriously suggested reading. I dont always follow the book the best myself but I do try. That vid looked like fun driving, you could have just done without the negative comment at the start, IMO, as it really gains you nothing but possibly an enemy. As I am pretty sure you gained in that dept. on the fault finding mission as well. If thats the goal then keep up the good work.

If the people I race with can't be bothered to at least come close to following the rules, or are unrepentantly grossly inattentive, they get free publicity. Everyone that I have poked fun at in a video has had ample chances to back down but chose not to. As for offending the tender sensibilities of cheats and unaware drivers, that's not something I lose sleep over.

That video wasn't created for this forum, it was a highlight reel to show some people considering SM that it isn't just about cars smashing into each other. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
I couldn't spot the green flag in the video, so I couldn't tell if the pole-sitter went early or not, but "Little early Tyler?" is hardly a scathing commentary.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

I couldn't spot the green flag in the video, so I couldn't tell if the pole-sitter went early or not, but "Little early Tyler?" is hardly a scathing commentary.

The two drivers on the front row in that video usually jump the start...
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

The two drivers on the front row in that video usually jump the start...

as i said before until i was moderated the pole sitter sets the pace it is up too the starter tooo start the race
p2 must keep pace with p1 rest must follow
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
LOL...Not for one second do I think AC wrote that...and thats what I'm sticking to...sometimes in life we need a BS sniffer. Well, apology accepted though I for one was never offended. Just try to keep your video posts to under 60 sec! As for Rob, well, he speaks for himself and....................................................just got self moderated. Seriously, always like videos so keep them coming Rob...with or without subtitles!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

as i said before until i was moderated the pole sitter sets the pace it is up too the starter tooo start the race
p2 must keep pace with p1 rest must follow

Thanks Andrew for your opinion... You don't know me but I'm slow as hell and would never be close enough to the front row to see what happens, well unless there's an invert. So I have to rely on the CCRs to know how it should be done (NASAs in my case).

20.5.1 Rolling Start / Flying Start (p.90)
During the warm-up lap the field shall align into its proper starting rows. Drivers should take care when
weaving to warm up tires (a.k.a. “scrubbing tires”). Starts will usually be two (2) abreast. The field should
come into perfect alignment on the prescribed lap ** in the last two (2) turns before the start / finish line.
Once the pace car leaves the track, the lead car will be responsible for pacing the field slowly, and at a steady pace,
until the green flag is shown. [Note: Pace means “steady speed.” Acceleration (or deceleration) after the pace
car leaves the track, but before the green flag is displayed, is illegal.]

** The prescribed lap shall be defined by the Race Director or by a signal from the Pace Car by extinguishing its lights.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
Much as it pains me to come down on the side of AC, it seems that what he's saying is that the pole sitter has the responsibility for pace. And if the pole sitter chooses to do that ILLEGALLY, the rest of the field still pretty much has to follow him. Blaming (or penalizing) the pole sitter for an illegal pace makes perfect sense, but carrying that blame to those following him doesn't.

Do you disagree, John?
  • john mueller likes this

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Much as it pains me to come down on the side of AC, it seems that what he's saying is that the pole sitter has the responsibility for pace. And if the pole sitter chooses to do that ILLEGALLY, the rest of the field still pretty much has to follow him. Blaming (or penalizing) the pole sitter for an illegal pace makes perfect sense, but carrying that blame to those following him doesn't.

Do you disagree, John?

I do & don't. But there exactly is where the problem lies... If the rest of the field fails to follow, will the pole sitter get black flagged? SoCal NASA talks a big game but hasn't done anything about since I've been participating (6+ yrs).

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03
There is rule book world and real world. If the starter throws the green then in their opinion, the field is aligned and in good enough formation.

You got 3 options.
1) Keep the hell up with the pole sitter. If he goes you go period.
2) Hold your pace and get left and/or run over from behind
3) After doing 1 or 2, protest the polesitter if you think they jumped the start (good luck with that!)

I can't count how many times in SM I have been to the floor before any green flag. (more times than waiting for the flag to wave for sure). If you ever go to the Runoffs at Road America you better have the pedal floored up the hill under the bridge, or you're toast.
  • Jim Drago and FTodaro like this

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA