Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
The last few weeks have gotten a little crazy, while the arguing, name calling etc is good for traffic, IMO it cheapens the site and tarnishes our class. I don't say that people should not be called out,or people shouldn't be accountable. What I am saying is that we need to stay above about a 5th grade level, which we haven't done in the last few weeks on several occasions. I have no interest in banning anyone from the site, maybe a few weeks vacation here and there, but I don't want to to do that either. I truly enjoy everyone here, even Dewhurst :) Everyone's opinion should be heard.

None of the following will be tolerated from here forward.

No posts will be permitted that are insulting to anyone's religion, race, heritage or political views. This is a racing forum. Anything that hits on these subjects in a way that can remotely be taken as an attack or insult will be deleted. If anyone persists, they will get a vacation.

The videos have gone wild.. A video here and there, relevant in a thread is fine. But videos in signatures or constant wasting of band width of non related videos will be deleted. Please remove any video signatures. If you want to post videos, go in the video section or Charbonneaus corner. The video feature was originally for racing videos, not what it has become. While some are funny, they are annoying lots of people.

Explicit language will be edited or deleted, you can disagree all you like, call out anyone you like, but use your intelligence and try to do so with facts presented at or above a 6th grade level ( Sorry Andrew) :)

If anyone decides to come on for no other reason than to bash SM or particular Mazdaracers members, meaning their only two or three posts are flaming a member or the class, they will be put on a two week vacation immediately.

I want to make it clear, I DO NOT want to moderate any of you or this site, but please don't abuse it and keep this a productive, friendly place that we all enjoy coming to. I am a ball buster, love ball busting etc. I have no problem with it. Just keep it above board and avoid personal attacks. Feel free to call people out, just watch the content and language.

OK back to your originally scheduled programming.

Thanks for your cooperation
Jim
  • dstevens, Glenn, Alberto and 4 others like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

The last few weeks have gotten a little crazy, while the arguing, name calling etc is good for traffic, IMO it cheapens the site and tarnishes our class. I don't say that people should not be called out,or people shouldn't be accountable. What I am saying is that we need to stay above about a 5th grade level, which we haven't done in the last few weeks on several occasions. I have no interest in banning anyone from the site, maybe a few weeks vacation here and there, but I don't want to to do that either. I truly enjoy everyone here, even Dewhurst :) Everyone's opinion should be heard.

None of the following will be tolerated from here forward.

No posts will be permitted that are insulting to anyone's religion, race, heritage or political views. This is a racing forum. Anything that hits on these subjects in a way that can remotely be taken as an attack or insult will be deleted. If anyone persists, they will get a vacation.

The videos have gone wild.. A video here and there, relevant in a thread is fine. But videos in signatures or constant wasting of band width of non related videos will be deleted. Please remove any video signatures. If you want to post videos, go in the video section or Charbonneaus corner. The video feature was originally for racing videos, not what it has become. While some are funny, they are annoying lots of people.

Explicit language will be edited or deleted, you can disagree all you like, call out anyone you like, but use your intelligence and try to do so with facts presented at or above a 6th grade level ( Sorry Andrew) :)

If anyone decides to come on for no other reason than to bash SM or particular Mazdaracers members, meaning their only two or three posts are flaming a member or the class, they will be put on a two week vacation immediately.

I want to make it clear, I DO NOT want to moderate any of you or this site, but please don't abuse it and keep this a productive, friendly place that we all enjoy coming to. I am a ball buster, love ball busting etc. I have no problem with it. Just keep it above board and avoid personal attacks. Feel free to call people out, just watch the content and language.

OK back to your originally scheduled programming.

Thanks for your cooperation
Jim

that sucks ok im going to graduate to ten
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
do we have a grandfather clause to vidios that have been seen before now i sound like a lawer
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70
:clap: :cop: :noidea:

Charbs - if anyone hits play on that video, you will be solely held responsible. That could cause permanent blindness, and fully explains your posts up until now.
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
wahnted to see how fast you guys were going to be

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
i need more ground rules like relavent behaivor

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Edited: Post is now irrelevant
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
And do not say "sucks"

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
Andrew you know were at the head of the class because of our profile names (Jim must have realized my previous profile name was over the top because he changed it to the curent name) & being named in Jim's post. Have you ever been on vacation. Kyle has closed some ground lately with his profile name, BUT Kyle received no mention in Jim's post.
  • Jim Drago likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Don't sweat the small stuff. Your buddy dstevens will help you out. :spin:
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

How many sponsors do we need to get spellcheck, Jim?
  • Glenn likes this

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

How many sponsors do we need to get spellcheck, Jim?

We actually have it... Some just chose to ignore the red squiggles all over his screen :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
What a hoot -- our must juvenile poster asking for a "grandfather" clause! :king:

(All in fun, Andrew, really)

Great line in the sand, Jim.

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
i hate clowns
my therapist said i could say that

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
you cant keep me down i will ask for a recount on the vote

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts

i hate clowns
my therapist said i could say that

I should dredge up one of my sigs from the old site: "A word to the wise: coulrophobia"

:spin:

mdavis

mdavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Region:Texas
Ok,. Once the clown goes old school with "coulrophobia" then I can get on board with this whole deal! So now I'm fully expecting a thread about driving versus towing to the track!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Number:91
Thanks Jim.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts

So now I'm fully expecting a thread about driving versus towing to the track!

Wow, good memory! There are still a few of us who enjoy old-school racing. Then again, I used to have a daily driver that was started with a hand crank.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Honestly a bit disapointed. IMHO this site has been too tame for too long. The old site was non stop trash talk between drivers, between divisions, between moderators. Looking for animal house and we are in boarding school. I should be able to call a cheater a douche bag, that's what they are. I agree we shouldn't hit race religion ethnicity. Since I honestly don't understand half of what Von C says and I watch even less of his videos I'm not sure if he crossed the line. That's what the moderators are for, we haven't needed a moderator on this site in 2 years.

Von C you never know where the limits are until you go off the track.

Gary, I need lawyers from time to time, are you a good one? Hell I might even need a Porsche instructor someday if I ever graduate from these chick cars.

Drago, do what you need to do but keep the energy on this site flowing.

Danny, not all conflict is bad, great ideas can come from arguments.

Blake, fix your car and get your attitude back and go beat someone.

Clown and Stevens don't take yourselves so seriously.

Craig Berry, slow the f--ck down!

Finally Big Ern. Seriously get real, we are not stupid, riding dirty will only get you so far. Let Jr earn all those sponsors and paid rides. Do you really think the PRO teams won't be able to evaluate his true talent when they put him in a car for a test drive.

To my wife, yes I love this man drama. Since I don't have a race for 2 mths what else is there to do.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users