• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Jim B., you know coulrophobia means fear of clowns. AC said he hated clowns. An important distinction in my book.

-Bullwinkle
  • AJ Roderick likes this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dave Lewis

Dave Lewis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Region:Detroit
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:86

The last few weeks have gotten a little crazy, while the arguing, name calling etc is good for traffic, IMO it cheapens the site and tarnishes our class. I don't say that people should not be called out,or people shouldn't be accountable. What I am saying is that we need to stay above about a 5th grade level, which we haven't done in the last few weeks on several occasions. I have no interest in banning anyone from the site, maybe a few weeks vacation here and there, but I don't want to to do that either. I truly enjoy everyone here, even Dewhurst :) Everyone's opinion should be heard.

None of the following will be tolerated from here forward.

No posts will be permitted that are insulting to anyone's religion, race, heritage or political views. This is a racing forum. Anything that hits on these subjects in a way that can remotely be taken as an attack or insult will be deleted. If anyone persists, they will get a vacation.

The videos have gone wild.. A video here and there, relevant in a thread is fine. But videos in signatures or constant wasting of band width of non related videos will be deleted. Please remove any video signatures. If you want to post videos, go in the video section or Charbonneaus corner. The video feature was originally for racing videos, not what it has become. While some are funny, they are annoying lots of people.

Explicit language will be edited or deleted, you can disagree all you like, call out anyone you like, but use your intelligence and try to do so with facts presented at or above a 6th grade level ( Sorry Andrew) :)

If anyone decides to come on for no other reason than to bash SM or particular Mazdaracers members, meaning their only two or three posts are flaming a member or the class, they will be put on a two week vacation immediately.

I want to make it clear, I DO NOT want to moderate any of you or this site, but please don't abuse it and keep this a productive, friendly place that we all enjoy coming to. I am a ball buster, love ball busting etc. I have no problem with it. Just keep it above board and avoid personal attacks. Feel free to call people out, just watch the content and language.

OK back to your originally scheduled programming.

Thanks for your cooperation
Jim

Finally.

tburas56

tburas56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Region:South East
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:56
Jims next step it start a new chat Website called

Mazdamandramadrivingchickcarsallwelcometosm.com
or
man-drama-driving-chick-cars-all-welcome-to-sm.com

Vote
  • Glenn likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner - World Challenge Winner - World Challenge Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda - Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda MX5 Cup Winner - Has won a Race in the MX5Cup.com Series We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
dear jessica kyle is very sorry for posting your vidio on this forum for all those dirty men ,monkeys and clowns,and casper the ghost.

it will never happen agian for the new rules are to protect the innocent
and the cheats from being used for any malice intent i for one applaude this and also sadened .

because now i have to use spell check and kyle cannot dream of your lovleyness and share you withothers.

A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.
Benjamin Franklin

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

Clown and Stevens don't take your selves so seriously.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. You're over reacting. Drago isn't taming it, just cutting the bullshit. Will agree that calling another a douche bag should be allowed, because in this instance I'd use it.

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. You're over reacting. Drago isn't taming it, just cutting the bullshit. Will agree that calling another a douche bag should be allowed, because in this instance I'd use it.

very slick you just used see your not soo pure gun wielding thug .
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

Mr. Stevens, I almost always enjoy your posts. i find you to be extremely articulate and inteligent. Lately you have been very agressive, not in a fun loving way. I belive you provided an example of my assertion in your post above.

I did not say we should be able to call just anyone a douche bag. I said we should be able to call cheaters douche bags.

I was merely pointing out that I prefer more banter and less technical talk from time to time. You interpreted that as over reacting. Interesting.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
ps Next time I come out to Vegas let's get together and have nice Cabernet. I find it is much more fun to banter with people you know personally.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Number:6

Blake, fix your car and get your attitude back and go beat someone.
]

And how did I get drug into this sh!t?

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
Just trying to get you fired up and back to the track.

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
sorry blake i think this is relevent

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
No man thinks more highly than I do of the patriotism, as well as abilities, of the very worthy gentlemen who have just addressed the forum. But different men often see the same subject in different lights; and, therefore, I hope it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen if, entertaining as I do opinions of a character very opposite to theirs, I shall speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve. This is no time for ceremony. The question before the forum is one of awful moment to this call. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom ; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of the debate. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at the truth, and fulfill the great responsibility which we hold to God and our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my sm brothers, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings.
Mr. drago, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the numbers of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth, to know the worst, and to provide for it.
I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging of the future but by the past. And judging by the past, I wish to know what there has been in the conduct of the sm community for the last three years to justify those hopes with which gentlemen have been pleased to solace themselves and the forum. Is it that insidious smile with which our petition has been lately received?
Trust it not, sir; it will prove a snare to your feet. Suffer not yourselves to be betrayed with a kiss. Ask yourselves how this gracious reception of our petition comports with those warlike preparations which cover our waters and darken our land. Are fleets and armies necessary to a work of love and reconciliation? Have we shown ourselves so unwilling to be reconciled that force must be called in to win back our love? Let us not deceive ourselves, sir. These are the implements of war and subjugation; the last arguments to which kings resort. I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlement assign any other possible motive for it? Has sm any enemy, in this quarter of the world, to call for all this accumulation of navies and armies? No, sir, she has none. They are meant for us: they can be meant for no other. They are sent over to bind and rivet upon us those chains which the scca have been so long forging. And what have we to oppose to them? Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves. Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of the ministry and clowns. Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne! In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation.
There is no longer any room for hope. If we wish to be free--if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending--if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained--we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of hosts is all that is left us! They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when aforum guard shall be stationed in every posts? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of topeka! The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.
It is in vain, sir, to extentuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north at mid ohio will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! patick henry with a little help from von c

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30
Von C can't have been involved at all -- more than 2 percent of the words above are spelled correctly! :noidea:

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70
Pretty sure von c is responsible for "patick henry"

patick henry with a little help from von c

A fine patriot, not unlike Abum Linkun
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC
Patrick would have put a video at the end, if he could.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

ps Next time I come out to Vegas let's get together and have nice Cabernet. I find it is much more fun to banter with people you know personally.

Mr Stevens is retired and lives in the middle of nowhere on a big ass piece of property on the side of a mountain. ;) Dave, OTOH, would love to visit next time you are in town. Perhaps take in a show. I know people that do that kind of thing here... Back in the day I used to make it so Southern Oklahoma, err, I mean Texas all the time... (relax gang, I have roots in both Norman and Amarillo and had a place in Houston for a time)
  • MPR22 likes this

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
" We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of the ministry and clowns."

If a grown man laughs out loud alone in his room...does anyone else know he sharted?? OMG...the good stuff you come up with AC is starting to out weigh the non-sense. Dont make us wade through so much to find these Pearls :prayer:

Jackson(my term of endearment for DS)...remember the barrack scene in the movie STRIPES...Francis?? You bring so much more to the forum when you stick to intelligent dicussions...like MPR, I think you have a lot to offer when you stay on point :twocents:

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users