Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM
OK, results from the first three races (WMR's double regional and OVR's IT/SM Shootout ) for the Great Lakes Division Regional Championship Series are posted on the GLD website www.greatlakes-scca.org.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Regional Championship Series ((RCS) points for the Great Lakes Division have been updated reflecting the results from the Neohio Restricted Regional at Nelson Ledges on 6/30/12. Check out the latest on the GLD website.

Jerry Cabe

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Can I enter SM5 with a 1991?
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
What's wrong M&S? Is the competition in SM too much?

To answer your question, you can enter anything that meets the GCR for SM5. One requirement is that it be a US version of the 2006-2011 Mazda MX-5.

Jerry Cabe

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

What's wrong M&S? Is the competition in SM too much?

Short on time and budget to pursue 'attendance' award. :P

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I've heard "unofficially" that the Neohio Region Double Regional scheduled for August 18th at Nelson Ledges has been cancelled. I'm attempting to get this officially and will post if I do.

Jerry Cabe

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

the Neohio Region Double Regional scheduled for August 18th at Nelson Ledges has been cancelled

Well that would suck. It ain't on NEOhio's schedule or NL calendar. WTF.

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56
Its official
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Yep - and it officially sucks. This was always a fun event. Appears the NEOhio double at NL was preemptively cancelled due to a potential lack of entries.

Swell.

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
Right from Pat Prill

"NEohio's Board of Trustees met on Tuesday July 10th to review our racing programs and current financial status of the Club. With many other events scheduled on the calendar around our event and with the uncertainty of entries, and the general economy this decision did not come easily. The Board has voted to not have the August One Day Double Regional this year. Neohio appreciates all participants to our events and we look forward to seeing you in October at the Quad Regional scheduled for October 20-12 at Nelson"

Moose, I didn't see you at the Neohio national and restricted regional. So as much as it sucks, you were part of that uncertainty of entries.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
I don't attend national events - I've said that for years. The cost does not fit in my budget.

You did see me at the Finger Lakes regional at Nelson in June and I've attended NEOhio's August regional at NL for the previous two years. In 2010 when NEOhio held two regional events in June and August I was there for both.

Looks like the NE Div will benefit from this decision as the Mahoning Valley will host a double regional at the end of September, and most likely I will enter.

How do they know attendance will be low before they even open the event for entries?

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
You didn't run the restricted regional that was there. So you cant say its because you don't run national events

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

you can look at the general attendance number for this years events and last years as well. I dont see how the scca can even break even unless the track rental is free at that place. Sad as that may be, I think they made a more than prudent business decision. Its a historic track and all, but it's still a dump and its in the middle of nowhere unless you live in Chardon Ohio...

I have entered events up there only to have car issues or other things come between me and getting there, most of the racers don't have that track on their priority lists because, historically there is not alot of competition to draw you (ie: number of entrants), and its a dump in general, with poor accomadations at best in the vacinity.

K. Webb