Kyle Burkhardt

Kyle Burkhardt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:NASA Midwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:12
So I've been having trouble getting my axles back in the diff cause they are hanging up on the clips. I heard all the advice, I give up. I'm going to let the pro do it when he does my alignment. Any reason I can't just slide them in without the clips, bolt everything back together and drive it on the trailer?
Kyle Burkhardt
Team ///Miata #12
PajamaPants Racing
NASA Midwest
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
Remember that the clips have to be facing upward when you insert the axles into the diff. Or at least that is what the enthusiast manual says and it worked for me. They also have to be below a certain overall diameter. Why don't you post pics of the axle where you have the clip installed and put a dial caliper on it to determine overall diameter.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Kyle Burkhardt

Kyle Burkhardt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:NASA Midwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:12
Heard it all done it all. I'm bleeding. I'm cold. I'm dome. Pls just confirm it'll drive on the trailer.
Kyle Burkhardt
Team ///Miata #12
PajamaPants Racing
NASA Midwest
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
It will drive on the trailer. You're not doing the Baha with it. Think about how far that axle needs to come out and what suspension movement would that require.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users