• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:06
1 Wendy Collins
2 Beating Mike Collins
3 Not hearing the voices in my head while I'm on track
4 Laughing with (and at) new people as their racing addiction takes over...
5 Laughing at myself and the choices I've made because of how i feel on Suicide Tuesday.

6 Greg Obadia describing how parts of the female body work.....
  • Mike Collins and Glenn like this

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

6 Greg Obadia describing how parts of the female body work.....

Hmmm. I'm a gynecologist. I'd love to hear this. :spin:
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75

I will probably have multiple list.....

* February 2003 roebling road drivers school ( it was and is a who's who of SM)
* The ARRC
* SpecMiata.com (long before mazdaracers)
* The tent party in Topeka at the very first SM runoffs
* Crunch all you want...Mazda made 800,000 of these. We will never run out of parts...

Man that first runoffs in 2006 was a blast!!! Rain made it so much more interesting. I bent my right front frame rail down 2 in. at the start but kept on going to finish in the top 6 lol. These cars are so easy to work on. I'll miss em when I sell mine in a month.
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:44
1. Competition - I've raced a lot over the last 12 years and SM has by far been the most competitive. I've won large races in other series but every time I get out of my SM, i'm grinning from ear to ear. Can go from 12th to 4th and back to 12th in a matter of moments.
2. Support - The support we get is amazing. I know people whine and complain about this, that, and the other, but let's face it, we're one of the most well supported classes in SCCA. Lots of great vendors and class supporters that are eager to help out.
3. People - Best part of SM for me is the people! Cool to battle it out with your enemies and have dinner with them the same day. Add to that, when something happens, everyone is so eager to help out, I usually don't even get to touch my own car!
4. Parts - Easy to find parts! Unless it's a finish panel.... I feel bad for the poor people driving miata's to the track, who come back to find their car on jack stands because somebody needed a hub lol.
5. Fun cars! - I've had the pleasure of driving open and closed wheel cars from STO cars to SRF's, and I've never had as much fun driving as I do in an SM.
  • MPR22 and Danny Steyn like this

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
This is why I love Spec Miata,....

Most have summed if up pretty well, especially Kyle above. But this video from today's race at Daytona embodies everything I love about this class - watch it through to the end - Two Full course yellows mean two restarts and provide lots of surprises, some amazing freight train drafting, some chaotic moments and plenty of awesome racing
  • Bumper to bumper racing just millimeters apart, 3 wide into corners
  • Make one mistake and lose 10 places
  • The raw talent runs deep in this class
  • The amazing equality between the cars
  • Totally trusting the drivers around you, giving them room, knowing they will give you room
  • The preparation, the data, the analysis, the strategy, and the on-the-moment decisions, who to go with, when to make your move
  • And most importantly, as Steve D so eloquently said above… The guy who comes over after the race, fresh from an epic battle (for 1st, 15th, or 43rd), with a huge grin and no dents in his car and says "That was f*cking awesome!! I'd go side by side with you any day. Let's do that again tomorrow."
  • Which all culminate in my number one reason I love this class ...... the races you remember the most are seldom the races you won, they are the races hard fought with your buddies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prTrvwrXQtg

Posted Image

• CruzanTom likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70
Danny - that race is an instant classic...great video!
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Man that was entertaining! Post it in the video forum also!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sampson Racing Radios

Sampson Racing Radios

***Radio-Man***

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:So-Cal
  • Car Number:2
A+ Guys!

Tons of great stuff and lets not forget again... they are easy to control, even while doing a 360! :whistling: Check out the 20min mark...

Not my best decision... next time I'm lifting!
Shawn Sampson
Sampson Racing Communications
Mazda Miata PTE/E3

Toll Free 866-396-7231
www.SampsonRacing.com
www.RacingRadioWarehouse.com
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users