TEAM MEDICARE

TEAM MEDICARE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Region:Glen
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:66
I heard that dogs are not allowed at Lime Rock. Anybody know if this is true?

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
I got an email from them last year saying they were no longer going to allow dogs on the property.

That being said, I know friends who have brought their dogs to club racing events and didn't have a problem. I would imagine bringing a dog to hang out on the hill during the grand am weekend may be a problem though.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Benauto

Benauto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:05
It is true Lime Rock is not dog friendly, I have raced there since the track has implemented such a rule.It was tough. I just can't hide it from my best friend any more, so I race ealse where now. I hope this rule changes before the June race.

TEAM MEDICARE

TEAM MEDICARE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Region:Glen
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:66
The official response from LRP. Too bad. I really enjoyed going there. Great people, great country. Not sure if I can get my wife to go without the rest of our family.

"thanks for contacting Lime Rock Park!

Pets are no longer welcomed at the track. We had several very disturbing incidents involving dogs in 2009 including bites and dogs locked in cars on hot days…it is the same old story, the irresponsible few have spoiled it for the many.

We must protect all on our property and we must prevent loose dogs on track - it is too bad that some of our attendees can't appreciate and respect the track…."

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
Problem is it depends on the dog. Some dogs are calm, for others it's just too much stimulus.

I love my Sheltie, but he has a strong herding instinct. We took him to Nelson Ledges on a race weekend once. Bad idea. He was leashed the entire weekend but was so hyper he was a major distraction, and I don't really think he enjoyed it either.

Also, I was bit on the face at a racetrack once by a large dog that could not handle all of the activity. I was merely walking by in the paddock and the dog was on me before I knew what happened. It took 13 stitches to close my cheek. Not fun for anyone.
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:7
Now if they could only get the local bear population under control and banned from the track surface...

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

ner88

ner88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Region:NER/CFR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:98
Now if they would only ban kids under 18 I might even race there! ;)

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
I heve A pet ROCK is that allowed.

can you still smoke
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Lance Snyder

Lance Snyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Only for you Charbonneau, only for you.
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users