Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
yep !
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
Not to bitch but I guess I am...
I liked looking at the SMugshots, not this.
Is there an option to get those "Gallery" picture now.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

Not to bitch but I guess I am...
I liked looking at the SMugshots, not this.
Is there an option to get those "Gallery" picture now.
J~

Not sure I am following you? But if you have a gallery at SMugshots ... PM or submit a Support ticket and I will import your SMugshots gallery over for you. Like you we are all still fiddling under the hood and changes are coming every day so don't be to rough on it just yet. If we did it at specmiata.com we can do it better here.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Not sure I am following you? But if you have a gallery at SMugshots ... PM or submit a Support ticket and I will import your SMugshots gallery over for you. Like you we are all still fiddling under the hood and chances are coming every day so don;t be to rough on it just yet. If we did it at specmiata.com we can do it better here.

The old site has/had a picture "smugshot" on the home page that changed everytime you refreshed.
Nicer to look at while you wait for the next post.
Looking at this screen :( .
J~
  • Tom Hampton likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

The old site has/had a picture "smugshot" on the home page that changed everytime you refreshed.
Nicer to look at while you wait for the next post.
Looking at this screen :( .
J~

Yes that is coming, just hasn't made it yet! There will be a portal page that shows you everything that is changing as well as pictures. I'll add some random pics to the forum index page for the time being :)

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Yes that is coming, just hasn't made it yet! There will be a portal page that shows you everything that is changing as well as pictures. I'll add some random pics to the forum index page for the time being :)

That's cool.
Work in progress, you just started, etc.

Just wanted to point out that people coming to the old site had a
welcome mate, racing is fun, come join us and hang out, kinda feel. IMO
I'm sure this site will be great.
Thanks,
J~

Lee Tilton

Lee Tilton

I wanna go faster!

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Region:WDC - NASA Mid-Atl
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:04
Nice site. This will take some getting used to. I signed in with my Facebook account. Is there any way to change my display name to what I had on the old site? Or should I create a new account?

Never mind - I found how to change my display name.

Edited by Teamfour, 12-17-2010 06:42 PM.

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
Will miss the comfort of the old site and it's exclusiveness, but a Mazda racing site serving all Mazda racers is a very good thing. Will enjoy watching
how the site develops, since I generally log on several time a day. I really want to upload a avatar photo, but not could never get it to work on the
other site. Will it be easier here...

Bill
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
  • Region:Mid-South
  • Car Year:1989
  • Car Number:Any

Nice xmas present for the mazda racing community! thanks Jim! :D

I hope it will be used as I planned.... TY

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Auto Sports Consulting / Coaching

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts

Nice site. This will take some getting used to. I signed in with my Facebook account. Is there any way to change my display name to what I had on the old site? Or should I create a new account?

Never mind - I found how to change my display name.

lots of ways, short on know how, will figure it out though., lol

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts

That's cool.
Work in progress, you just started, etc.

Just wanted to point out that people coming to the old site had a
welcome mate, racing is fun, come join us and hang out, kinda feel. IMO
I'm sure this site will be great.
Thanks,
J~

Point away Johnny, we want it to be what yall enjoy and not just want we envision. Great comment!

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

Point away Johnny, we want it to be what yall enjoy and not just want we envision. Great comment!

If you like a particular post be sure to give the guy a point in the lower right hand corner of the post. If you dislike it or it's a rant way off topic subtract a point :) Their reputation is tracked and is another way to reward helpful posts!
  • RacerX likes this

Charles Boehly

Charles Boehly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Finger Lakes
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:51
Yes, more comfortable with the old site but new is better!
Charles Boehly
SM #51

Andrew Warren

Andrew Warren

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:51
Man i agree it was about time for a new site.... this one is simply fantastic! Thank you!
Andrew Warren #51 SM NNJR Build Blog From Start 2 Finish
Posted Image

TR6

TR6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:50
Very cool new site! Thanks!!!!
Greg H.
Denton, TX
SM #50 (formerly #500)

Brian Benthin

Brian Benthin

Professional ballast

• SMembers
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:322
I love the new software!

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:68
Awesome guys. Works great on the phone too.
  • svvs likes this

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
GREAT site, now how will I stay off during work hours.............Thanks Jim!

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

GeorgeB

GeorgeB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:North East
Jim,

Great job on the site. Keep up the good work and have a Happy Xmas.

George

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users