1 reply to this topic

smbstyle

smbstyle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1990
What a blast!!! This was my first time at Daytona, and my second race ever, so I was very excited. I was worried that Daytona would be boring with a low HP car, but that wasn't the case at all. The high banks were pretty interesting; I wasn't expecting the centrifugal force on the high banks, it felt like a roller coaster.

Registration showed 5 STL cars that weekend, but we only had two in the class; myself and another red NA miata. We had GTL, FP and I believe STU in our group. I ended up starting from dead last in my first race on Sunday because I missed the race on Saturday (I was being dumb and read the schedule wrong), but ended up finishing the race 5th overall and 1st in STL.

My fastest lap was a 2:27.4, but ran consistent 2:28s throughout the race. The car is a 90 chasis with a 99 motor, VICS is operational via MSD window switch, Cat deleted with Magnaflow race muffler to a turn-down before the diff, Koni yellow shocks, Flyin' Miata springs, TR Motorsport 15x7 wheels with NT-01s, Carbotech pads, wieghing in at 2495-2505.

I'd love to get some feedback on my driving and lines from those who are experienced with this track, and any tips for improvement. I also have purchased an AIM SOLO and have done some analysis against my own laps and personal bests throughout the sessions, but if anyone has AIM data for Daytona that I could take a look at to compare that would be much appreciated.

enjoy:

(the white Miata i was battling with is in FP)

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
The draft is your friend at Daytona. Stay in-line when you're behind another car.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users