Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Thanks Todd Green for putting this together for me. The video is full of air noise and the camera gets cloudy from the middle on and it is actually a little boring. Figured people would be sitting around over the holidays and might want a distraction. You can FF to the 9 minute mark for the start

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Nice drive. Thanks for the post. Can't believe nobody complained about your steady yet rapid accelleration after the pace car pulled off the track.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
Thats the way the starts are at RA. Don't accelerate and you will be waving goodbye to everyone.

Nice race Jim, see why you do so well there, no mistakes :cheerful: . Car looked good also. Thanks for posting, will have to get Shawn to go to school on your lines ;)

Pat

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03
Thanks for the video Jim. Nice drive.

What's the next SM goal?

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Thanks for the video Jim. Nice drive.

What's the next SM goal?

Next goal is simply to have fun which should be easier now :) When I started SM, my goals were to eventually win "a" race. I have so far exceeded any goals I have set for myself in racing, most after 2005 has been a bonus. At this point, all I want to do is continue racing, help some folks get better and faster and tinker with the cars a bit. As you know, SM is all the competition anyone could ever want. I enjoy racing in SM, so I plan on staying here. I'm probably most proud of the fact that I am the only person that has won a SM National championship in a car that he built from the ground up including the engine, did all the set up, data and the driving.

I didn't attend the Mazda shootout as I did not want to race anywhere else and I thought that opportunity would be better spent on a younger Mazda driver with some aspirations of climbing the ladder.
Jim
  • Joe (dad) Jordan likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Flyntgr

Flyntgr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Region:Delta
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:77
You have it all going well, Jim, and a lot of us can thank you for good advice and example. Thanks for the video as well. That was a really good school on consistency and driving YOUR car without getting distracted by a hard charger from behind.

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70
Great drive Jim.

From my humble observation, it looks like you brake about a half click earlier than I did, and this seems to be confirmed by Berry's chase. The upshot is you're getting back to throttle much earlier than your chasers, which makes a ton of sense with the long straights at RA. Smart, smooth and fast.
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users