Tom M

Tom M

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:23
I am about to purchase new race gear, Hans, suit,underwear,shoes and gloves and would like to buy all of it American made. I can find suits made in america but finding the other items more difficult. Does anybody have any suggestions on we're to find them?

Tom M

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Seems paradoxical buying american race gear to drive a japaneze car... why not race a corvette and wear gear made in cheena?

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Brocodile

Brocodile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Region:SEDIV
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:61
Kyle, I like the way you think... and I must confess that I sometimes wonder about myself... :scratchchin:

Skip Brock
OPM Autosports, Nelson Engines
2012 SARRC Spec Miata Champion
2012 SEDiv Regional Driver of the Year

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:44
Check out Simpson gear. I ordered a suit and it was made in the USA. Fast delivery, too. http://simpsonraceproducts.com
  • Alberto likes this

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Have no feer crockobile. Better to think like caveman than like benchravers or the chocolate mouse :)
  • Brocodile likes this

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

ChrisA

ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Number:58
Isn't the HANS Device made here? Plus, the NOMEX in the racing suits is most likely made here, since it's a DuPont product. Just next to no textile plants left in the US to make the clothing, which is sad.

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Caveman is made in USA. we wear terridaclie suits and lizard helmets! Good fire proof protect. when cold we use wolly mamoth coats and start spec miata fires to stay warm

K. Webb

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
NextGen HNR is made in the USA
http://www.necksgen.com/

I like the thought behind this. I'm increasingly buying stuff made here as I like the idea of supporting all the local businesses that are employing our neighbors.
  • Anthony Ralston likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
some neighbors live in candada and mehico also... dont forget bout dem

K. Webb

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
the real americans race scca IT with Ford Pinto's
  • Glenn likes this

K. Webb

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
I'm not concerned about Canada or Mexico. Let them figure out their own economies. :)

Check out Simpson gear. I ordered a suit and it was made in the USA. Fast delivery, too. http://simpsonraceproducts.com

Made in LA, CA.

Simpson firesuits and crew uniforms are manufactured
outside of Los Angeles, CA in our 52,000 sq. foot facility.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

I'm not concerned about Canada or Mexico. Let them figure out their own economies. :)

Thank god you care about Japaneesy economy, or you be racing a real american car... lol :)

K. Webb

Kyle Keenan

Kyle Keenan

Pass right

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Region:Oregon Region

I'd pass on Simpson at all cost. I purchased an $800 helmet from them only for it to crack on first use. They wouldn't let me return it, exhange it, or send it in for their inspection. I also purchased a suit around the same time from them, and it was the worst quality suit I've ever seen. Inconsistent stitching everywhere, straight out of the box had frayed stitching, the arm cuffs were two completely different sizes, etc. Terrible experience, will never do business with them again.

Might be "Made In the USA" but it sure as heck doesnt mean you're getting a good product. I, like you, wanted to support an american company, but when they won't support the racers wearing their products, I'll take my business elsewhere.
  • GROOTS likes this

#44 Team KBR/KKRProducts.com Spec Miata
#44 Team KBR/Dick Hannah Kia Rio B-Spec/ World Challenge TCB
#16 & #36 Blairco Spec Miata's, ICSCC

2014 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Dick Hannah Dealerships | Kia Racing | Team-KBR.com | KKRProducts.com | DBB | Fast Specialties | Blairco Heating | SBOX Engineering | Sikk Shades by Eddie Bauer, JR | Hawk Performance

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14

I'd pass on Simpson at all cost.

I've had 4 simpson helmets and with my previous helmet, which was the same size as the previous the eye port was smaller than it should have been. Sent it back to drought stricken Texas, worked with the manufacturing manager. :scratchchin: Between our checks and communication we figured out that their process control, front to back alignment of the outside shell to inner liner was out of control. With that info they shiped me a perfect fit helmet just like the previous.:thumbsup: Bought another Simpson this year with zero issues.:yep: My Simpson suit continues to be very good, but It's just about time to replace my worn out Simpson shoes and gloves.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

I've had 4 simpson helmets and with my previous helmet, which was the same size as the previous the eye port was smaller than it should have been. Sent it back to drought stricken Texas, worked with the manufacturing manager. :scratchchin: Between our checks and communication we figured out that their process control, front to back alignment of the outside shell to inner liner was out of control. With that info they shiped me a perfect fit helmet just like the previous. :thumbsup: Bought another Simpson this year with zero issues. :yep: My Simpson suit continues to be very good, but It's just about time to replace my worn out Simpson shoes and gloves.

Is Simpson Union ? Not to get political, but I'll buy NON union First,, then import THEN made in USA buy union thugs :pimp:
  • Glenn likes this

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
I think your union v. Non-union statement is stupid. Just my IMHO. Our country is diverse. Some union and some non union.

(null)

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

I think your union v. Non-union statement is stupid. Just my IMHO. Our country is diverse. Some union and some non union.

(null)

If donald fehr ran the simpson union they be all locked out..'

K. Webb