CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:44

Had a blast and got my license!

I put myself into a bad position and ended up in the wall. Thanks to Tom at OPM and John at Panic Motorsports. Without you two I would not have been able to finish out the weekend.

Congratulations! I also got my license at Roebling with Tom and the OPM gang a couple of years ago. Look forward to seeing you on the track.

BTW, I have gone off everywhere at Roebling and collected sand from every turn but, knock on wood :bash: , I haven't touched the wall. Just give up the turn and ride out into the field.
  • Glenn and Armando Ramirez like this

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
Overheard at my drivers school:
Chief Steward: Hey were you driving that John Deere car last session?
Me: Yes why?
CS: That was a GREAT save comming onto the front straight at turn 9, next time though you might want to "ride it a bit further down track"
Bobby : EVIL GLARE!!!!!!
Me: OKAY, did you see the off at 3? I never lifted, actually got another gear and only lost 1 place........
CS and Tom Fowler: crickets........
Bobby T: ROFLHAO.......

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Panic Motorsports

Panic Motorsports

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Region:079 SCR
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:90
Ron Gentry comes up to me Sunday and says "90 is yours, right?" "Sure is", I say. "Send him to the OS after the session" "Is 33 yours too?" "Yes sir" I say looking at the dirt. "Send her too". I don't understand how a simple conversation with my drivers about improved aero, using factory impact absorbing devices, got them in trouble. I know I mentioned where NOT to test those ideas. Silly newbies.

Great job by all, one of the cleanest drivers schools I've been to. Welcome to the party!!!
  • Glenn and Keith Andrews like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

Ron Gentry comes up to me Sunday and says "90 is yours, right?" "Sure is", I say. "Send him to the OS after the session" "Is 33 yours too?" "Yes sir" I say looking at the dirt. "Send her too". I don't understand how a simple conversation with my drivers about improved aero, using factory impact absorbing devices, got them in trouble. I know I mentioned where NOT to test those ideas. Silly newbies.

Great job by all, one of the cleanest drivers schools I've been to. Welcome to the party!!!

Brings back memories ;)
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
where the hale are you going to learn bump drafting if not at drivers school???
  • Glenn likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Anthony Ralston

Anthony Ralston

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:77

Didnt I tell you to ride it out in the grass at 9, LOL, glad to hear you are OK and got your finish!

It was my own fault. I was impatient. Didn't slow down enough despite a pack of much slower cars, tried to pass one on the outside and misjudged how much space I had. It seemed like I was going to get pinched so I tried to put the car in the grass; instead I actually sent the car into the wall. "Luckily" I have video so I could see all of my mistakes. I'll upload it when I get a chance.

At least now i know my safety gear works well. I didn't feel any physical affects from the wreck.

I was really impressed with how well the car took the hit. AFAIK, the only suspension components I bent was an inner tie rod and the rear lower control arm bolt. There is some frame damage where the headlight sits, but nothing too bad.

Congratulations! I also got my license at Roebling with Tom and the OPM gang a couple of years ago. Look forward to seeing you on the track.

BTW, I have gone off everywhere at Roebling and collected sand from every turn but, knock on wood :bash: , I haven't touched the wall. Just give up the turn and ride out into the field.

Thanks!

I was really impressed with how well the sand traps work. The back end snapped out on me in 3 and I took a ride into the sand. Slowed the car down nicely. Although that sand gets everywhere! I'm really glad I had an air compressor with me.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how things went. Especially since I was my first time ever out on a track. I'm really looking forward to my first race! I plan on heading to Daytona in May.

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

Just another valuable part of school. Now Ron knows them and they know Ron, might as well get to know the officials right from day one. :)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users