Tom Ghan

Tom Ghan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Region:NE
  • Car Year:1992
Hello All,
since Mazdaspeed Motorsports spec exhaust part # 0000-06-5425 is required, but no longer available, has a decision been made for what will the replacement be?
Thanks
Tom

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Not yet. A number of them are still available second hand. Many of us are actively looking for a solution.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Tom Ghan

Tom Ghan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Not yet. A number of them are still available second hand. Many of us are actively looking for a solution.

Thanks Mike,
I'll start looking.
Tom

David S.

David S.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:07
Thankfully my car will be used for only HPDE's this year. Hopefully they come up with something before 2014.

JaGMotorsports

JaGMotorsports

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Car Number:25

Any updates to this problem? I currently have a friend looking to race in SSM but cannot find an exhaust yet.

Charles Boehly

Charles Boehly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Finger Lakes
  • Car Number:51
Pm me. I've got one.
Charles Boehly
SM #51

edusti

edusti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:DC
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:26

^ pm'ed.......im on the same boat, want to switch over to ssm but need an exhaust.

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

Thanks Mike,
I'll start looking.
Tom

I have on for sale CHEAP Where are you located?

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

I have a MazdaComp exhaust available for purchase in central Oh ho ho. (used one season, 2002, when it was mandatory. wonder why that rule went away?)

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

JaGMotorsports

JaGMotorsports

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

PM to Glenn

David Brown

David Brown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:Ohio Valley Region
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:08

I've got a hardly used one as well in Columbus OH area. Still on the car, but coming off asap. CHEAP.

Mark McCallister

Mark McCallister

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:40

I have a Mazdacomp (admittedly with a dent in it) on the car that I would love to trade to someone for a 1.6 SD unit.  I even paid $10 for a classified ad a while back to no end.  PM me.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Mentally Retired

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Number:16

Any updates or ideas on this item?  We have 5 or 6 racers in the Texas region but two of them need an exhaust.  I'm wondering if there are alternative exhausts available on the aftermarket that would do a similar job as the now discontinued Mazda part?

Mike Bell
SSM #16
Texas
Donor - Made PayPal donation Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

AW33COM

AW33COM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Car Number:78

If the whole SSM thing was invented to be low budget, wouldn't opening up the rules to use the same exhaust as in SM be the cheapest option to begin with?  On top of that this new rule would not require you to change your exhaust when swapping to SM. 

Very often in the real world of racing I see rules with good intentions (especially over time) creating more bad than good. 

GROOTS

GROOTS

SM

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48

I have a brand new one.  PM me or e-mail me

Jeff

JG427@aol.com

Jeff Gruter

Excell Motorsports

Paramount Tool & Equiptment http://www.ptetool.com/

Hatzel & Buehler Electrical Construction - IBEW

JaGMotorsports

JaGMotorsports

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

If the whole SSM thing was invented to be low budget, wouldn't opening up the rules to use the same exhaust as in SM be the cheapest option to begin with?  On top of that this new rule would not require you to change your exhaust when swapping to SM. 

Very often in the real world of racing I see rules with good intentions (especially over time) creating more bad than good. 

The SSM class would not have been started if the original SM class would not have gone through so many changes which took Spec Miata away from its original intent.

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

If I'm not mistaken Mazda contracted Bosal to produce the MazdaComp exhaust. Shouldn't be too hard to find the equivalent muffler in their catalog and bend the pipes to the same dimensions. It ain't rocket surgery.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Chris Windsor

Chris Windsor

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Region:WDC

I am working on a solution to this, I have been in contact with Mazdaspeed and Bosal (and a few other manufactures) to get these made once again....more to come.

One of the problems is the fixture Bosal used is no longer available.

Second is the demand, Mazdaspeed doesn't want to stock a slow moving part in quantity and the manufacture doesn't want to build in small batches.

But if I can get a feel for how many people are interested or can get a portion pre-sold it may be what is needed to reach the production minimum.

Pricing I know will be the first question and it is very dependent on the order size. I know I don't want 100 units sitting on my shelf.

If Mazdaspeed is not interested in stocking/selling you will find them here in the classifieds of mazdaracers.com

So let me ask how many people are interested in an exhaust?

SM5, SM, SSM builds
Support, sales, repair or rental
windsorcustoms.com

MazdaSteve

MazdaSteve

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Region:CCR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:04

Another gently used 1.6 SSM exhaust in Charlotte with bypass pipe.

Seneca Motorsports

Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Mentally Retired

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Number:16

I would buy 3 or 4 of them to stock some for Texas Region.  Need two right now, have two more potentially converting soon. 

Mike Bell
SSM #16
Texas
Donor - Made PayPal donation Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users