Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27
Fresh from the mothership, the 2013 Supps for our race group.

http://www.nasanorca...oup_A_Supps.pdf

Please note the required camera for us this year. This shouldn't be a big surprise as this was talked about several times last year.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Craig
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
Is the first year for "every car will have a forward camera and record all practices, qualifying and races" more or less? Interested in how that is being received? And do many NASA regions have this in their supps
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Duncan

Duncan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
I like the 100 dollar fine if for some reason my camera doesn't turn on properly and they ask for the footage.

Duncan
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

I like the 100 dollar fine if for some reason my camera doesn't turn on properly and they ask for the footage.

Duncan

Well the first time you forget to data dump and your card runs out of memory you wont like it :banghead: I would imagine(or at least hope)everyone will get one legit pass.

Though i'm a fan of keeping everyone on the same page...if it turns into a complete Nanny mentality drivers will just go elsewhere. But I will be bringing fenders to the track!! :yep:

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Duncan

Duncan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Well the first time you forget to data dump and your card runs out of memory you wont like it :banghead: I would imagine(or at least hope)everyone will get one legit pass.

Though i'm a fan of keeping everyone on the same page...if it turns into a complete Nanny mentality drivers will just go elsewhere. But I will be bringing fenders to the track!! :yep:

I should have put my 'like' in quotes.

I think NASA Norcal is already doing a great job of embracing the California Nanny State mentality and bringing it into their organization.
  • Rob Burgoon and Michael Colangelo like this
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Number:42
I see they are requiring the video in "digital" format... I guess it's time I upgrade my Betamax (it was kind of heavy anyway) :king:
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91
It is annoying. My gopro likes to work fine at home and corrupt files at the track.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

ToddW

ToddW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:67
1) How long are we required to archive a given session?
2) What if my car does not have $100 to pay the fine?

>>>> "Any car found not to have the session in question recorded shall be fined $100"
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:27
Todd-

For now try to plan to keep all 6 sessions for at least 7 days. This means that you may need to carry extra cards or plan on downloading after each session.

Additionally I have been told:

"1080@24fps will be plenty...any higher resolution or frame rate just massively bloats the file sizes and they take forever to download."

I do not believe this is a minimum but it is the maximum required. I will work on clarifying all of this.

ALSO--- Be sure to label your cameras and CARDS with "car number" and "SM" before you hand them to an official. Best idea is to do this before putting them in the car so you don't forget later.
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:11
Todd you need the camera. After you got raped last year on turn 2 -3 at Infineon. That guy to remain nameless, made so many moves, dive bombed and drove over his head. Perhaps my video would have been better footage.

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users