• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Second.. who gives a shit about first lady this and that?

Maybe a bunch of young girls who look up to Danica, and dream of one day following her lead, give a shit?

The Coke commercial where Dani crushes a can with her head... I don't care who you are, that's funny.

(Hey, how come Drago's post can say sh!t and mine gets edited to crap?)

• Jim Drago and Blake Thompson like this
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

(Hey, how come Drago's post can say sh!t and mine gets edited to crap?)

I caught that also, remember how his profile picture used to be titled, "Boss".

• Jim Drago likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Just different opinions.. I don't think " I" want to be the best of any "subset".. If I am racing or competing in anything.. I want to win the competition. Not win my run "age" , "sex" or "ability" group. I am competing to win the entire thing.  That is not to say that she didn't do a great job and deserve the accolades, but the accolades coming from me at least have nothing to do with her sex, all come from the fact that she did really well, for a box or a girl.   I pray that my daughter does not want to race cars, but if she did and Idolized Danica, I would be fine with that. I would not want her to idolize her as a "girl"  as if their are some limitations to her sex, because there isn't and I feel that these divisions do far more harm than good. She is either a good race car driver or not... I think the word female doesn't have any place in that sentence.  IMO, that is more of compliment than any of these first woman to do X,Y or Z.  She is probably stuck taking all of it as all the PR is great for her sponsors etc, but I imagine she has heard enough of the first woman stuff too. Just an opinion.  IF she needs my council, I am still open for business:)

• Blake Thompson likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

NASCAR would probably get more negative PR if they DIDN'T mention it.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Number:60

My only comment from observations is that she needs to make better decisions during races. My belief is that Stewart and her new crew chief will be fantastic mentors. Let's all talk at the end of the 2013 racing season.  :wave2:

Amen on developing better racecraft skills. I was talking to the TV urging her to drop down in front of Johnson who was leading the low line pack forward with three to go. As that line was closing in on she and the folks in the top groove she stayed put. I got the sence she was racing to hold third. That's how you loose six spots and end up ninth.

Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Many maybe most wont believe this...

I personally think Danica is a hell of a driving tallent!!!!

I also think she is very attractive as well, and I have amny times made light of that in my postings. 

Bottom line I think she could get in my miata at COTA with little to no Practice in it and WIN.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9

"Bottom line I think she could get in my miata at COTA with little to no Practice in it and WIN."

NOPE....    She is a good driver no doubt---but that's all..  ALL the drivers in general in the top 25 after a few races are very good.  Nascar like most races( SM) has 5 or so people that can win most weeks. Once in awhile others will do it but not on a regular basis. Would she run top 10 or better--yes, but getting into a car as different as ours is from hers--no way... 

• Jim Drago likes this
Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

With you Jim! But appearently labels are what our social media has to have. You can't just be an American...you have to be a ______American which is just :bsflag2:

• Jim Drago likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
Michael, a question for you because I don't know many of the NASCAR rules. IIRC under yellow two cars passed Danica outside the double yellow line during pit out. Are the cars to stay below the double yellow untill sort of exiting T2?
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Many maybe most wont believe this...

Bottom line I think she could get in my miata at COTA with little to no Practice in it and WIN.

Danica struggled in road races in IRL, her stronger suit was always the ovals. I seriously doubt that he would win just strapping in. Give her 3-4 races, she could compete for the win for sure.  But dropped in, it would be tough.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

Danica struggled in road races in IRL, her stronger suit was always the ovals. I seriously doubt that he would win just strapping in. Give her 3-4 races, she could compete for the win for sure.  But dropped in, it would be tough.

To Jim's point, Danny Sullivan jumped in an MX-5 cup race a few years back and did not break the top five IIRC. I believe a few other retires pros have "jumped in" MX-5 cup miatas and had similar results. Maybe the MX-5 cup drivers are a step up from the top 10 SM drivers in the country so there is that argument but I believe they are of similar talent.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Guys, she has an unfair addvantage. :o  She is 30 plus pounds lighter than other car/drivers on track.

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Number:60

I'm back to wondering if Jimie intentionally tore the splitter off he car in his celebration. I recall Chad being caught on tape several years ago telling him to wreck the car if he won.

Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year