13 replies to this topic

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL
If you haven't seen it, here's a link to it.
www.autoweek.com/article/20130313/NASCAR01/130319930?utm_source=DailyDrive20130314&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=missedarticle3&utm_content=20130313-Jeff-Gordon-takes-car-salesman-for-a-wild-ride&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

The acting is excellent and the guy who plays the car salesman nails it. (It was staged).

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70

Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

So phony.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20

Has anyone ever taken a test drive without them looking at your D.L.?  Not in recent memory.  Nice marketing piece, but total fiction.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Yeah, who cares if it's fiction.  Entertaining as hell AND we're (along with millions of others) are talking about it.  Some ad exec just get a huge bonu$

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Won't make me want to buy Pepsi.

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48

Awesome commercial, great acting, would've bought it as real if the camaro had a cupholder there and if you could stall an automatic.

Still funny as hell

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

V6 Camaro making V8 noise.

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

V6 Camaro making V8 noise.

And there was no such animal as an 09 Camaro, the interior is from a '13.

Who cares that it was fake?!  It was great.

Admit it, you've secretly wanted to pull this stunt on an unsuspecting salesman and show him how to drive a Honda Odyssey in Spec Miata fashion, only to have him soil his shorts.

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

I just can't get beyond the fact that no saleperson would react like this in real life. Not to mention the fact that driving like this on public roads is the height of irresponsible behavior.

By the way - Jeff Gordon was not doing the stunt driving.

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?

I actually had a throttle get stuck WO on me on a test drive....gas got stuck under the floor mat.  Happened on Sunrise highway after the salesman goes "put the gas pedal down and let's see what happens".

The salesman flipped out as I said "Crap.".  I pulled the days of thunder "keep tapping the gas".  That didn't work.  Went for the clutch and cursed when there wasn't one (automatic car...), then popped it in neutral, turned it off, and pulled off the road into the parking area on the side.  Guy goes "how did you know how to do that?!"

I didn't have the heart to tell him I drive miatas.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20

I had a woman sales rep wet her pants during a test drive of a 300ZX twin turbo.  She told me to see what it had.  I did and she, well........

wheel

I bought the car, by the way.  

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

I just can't get beyond the fact that no saleperson would react like this in real life. Not to mention the fact that driving like this on public roads is the height of irresponsible behavior.

By the way - Jeff Gordon was not doing the stunt driving.

Correct, Pepsi acknowledged as much.  He has the same clause in his contract as every other pro athlete that prohibits participation in dangerous activity.  This is the reason that CJ Wilson doesn't get to drive his own cars in the MX5 Cup.

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Jeff Gordon's Test Drive, Part Deux.  An awesome followup to last year's:

http://youtu.be/dRIgmKGDqFM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users