Photo

Getting Mazda loyalty discount when you don't "own" a Mazda?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

Any of you guys run into this: Mazda is running a promo right now for an additional $500-1000 on some Mazdas if you own a Mazda.  "Own" is shown by producing a registration or title in your name.  Of course, like most of you, mine isn't registered - does that mean I don't "own" it?

Surely, one of you guys ran into this and there was an easy fix.  But thought I'd check with you guys before I went and called MSM support.

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

I'm going through the same exact thing.  I tried calling Mazda Motorsports and they didn't know if we could use our Team Support # and suggested I call the Mazda support number.  Mazda said that corporate can't get involved because it is between you and the dealer and the dealer needs to contact them.  So I'm guessing no title, no love.  You'd hope the left hand would talk to the right and your support number would be enough.

In any case the Mazdaspeed guys were super friendly and helpful as always, just didn't seem like there was anything they could do.

I assume you know about the s-plan?  Though it seems from googling around that many are negotiating to prices under the s-plan.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

I'm going through the same exact thing.  I tried calling Mazda Motorsports and they didn't know if we could use our Team Support # and suggested I call the Mazda support number.  Mazda said that corporate can't get involved because it is between you and the dealer and the dealer needs to contact them.  So I'm guessing no title, no love.  You'd hope the left hand would talk to the right and your support number would be enough.

In any case the Mazdaspeed guys were super friendly and helpful as always, just didn't seem like there was anything they could do.

I assume you know about the s-plan?  Though it seems from googling around that many are negotiating to prices under the s-plan.

Yes, I know about S-plan, but i agree, i think there may be better deals than S-plan deals.  Benchmark against fitzmall.com. They consistently have the best prices on everything that they sell.  And if you click on the link, you even get a better price than what's on their website.  I know they are nowhere near you, but at least you can see if a local dealer will match them.  I've sent them a bunch of people to them over the years.

There has to be a way.  I wonder if a title, even if not in my name, is enough.  Might be worth a try.

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Bring your trailer and SM racecar to the dealership.  Tell them if they want to sell a car today you need the loyalty discount.  

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users