Photo

parity thread #2034

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

No semantics, what year did you start on the SMAC?

You spent all that time looking up the changes trying to prove me wrong, you can spend a few more figuring out when I came on. You are retired, isn't that what you old folks do down at the home between naps and Bingo? :banana:

I believe it was late 07 as I was on when we lowered the weight on the 1.6 25 lbs and raised the 99 up 25 lbs. It should be easy to find, I really don't remember exact date. 

No semantics would have been. I believe it was late 07.

Looking up changes was not required because I have a running log of the changes. :o

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

There's a guy up our way named Voytek Burdzy. Some of you may have heard of him. He drove a well prepped '94 or '95 SM for about 3 years. He did pretty well in that car. He switched to a '99 just prior to the 2010 Runoffs and then podiumed at the 2011 Runoffs. I have asked him and he has told me that he prefers the '99 and feels it is the faster race car. His former crew Adam has told me the same thing.

o
Tom I noticed since I started eating bran cereal in the mornings that I have bettered my results. I am sure there is a connection.
  • Jim Drago likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

He did but his results are even more impressive since changing cars.  He's a good example of someone who did very well and improved even further once he changed cars.  Certainly a car change alone won't make a winner out of a mid-pack driver.  Car choice of the front drivers really tells the whole story.  Everything else is just opinion.  Mine, yours and everyone else's.  

Exactly! What the frontrunners choose as their weapon of choice is the truth.

• Chris007 likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:11

In time the 99 will die as wiring harnesses and other parts start costing the moon,  I plan to get rich on the engine harnesses I have stockpiled :)

• Jim Drago likes this

William Keeling

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

No semantics would have been. I believe it was late 07.

Looking up changes was not required because I have a running log of the changes. :o

What about being old and Bingo? You had to like that..  :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Sean - MiataCage

Sean - MiataCage

• Moderators
  • 301 posts

Todd your a heck of a driver, I believe your 1.6 is legal, but, no one other than you is getting that kind of performance out of a 1.6  Is it just you as a driver or what?

Wow..... Think again..... There is something called the West Coast. 

• Jim Drago and Charlie Hayes like this
Sean Hedrick - President
www.miatacage.com
360-606-7734
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys!

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

o
Tom I noticed since I started eating bran cereal in the mornings that I have bettered my results. I am sure there is a connection.

I've been drinking Kentucky Bourbon Barrell Ale sine January.  Good stuff.   I'm hopeful that will give me an edge.

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

IIRC at the NASA nationls at Miller at couple years ago, BIG BIRD with the other Todd driving was doing it's thing pretty good until a hick-up of some sort. Ya all remember BIG BIRD ws a 99, correct.

Then again IIRC there was a dude showed up in the north west with a 99, and spanked everyone pretty good.

On the left coast, how many top notch 1.6's do you have and how many top notch 99's do you have?

The SCCA CRB decided several years ago that the number of cars of each spec line had no value therefore the SCCA doesn't have a clue to counts and neither does Mazda. Oh and I'm sure decisions are made with this non information.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48
On the left coast, how many top notch 1.6's do you have and how many top notch 99's do you have?

Oh so there's just more of them over there so they appear to be better...

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Oh so there's just more of them over there so they appear to be better...

The post point was. 

IIRC at the NASA nationls at Miller at couple years ago, BIG BIRD with the other Todd driving was doing it's thing pretty good until a hick-up of some sort. Ya all remember BIG BIRD was a 99, correct.

Then again IIRC there was a dude showed up in the north west with a 99, and spanked everyone pretty good.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Here is a graph of the three versions I have on my dyno 90, 99 and 02.  All three cars built here and what I consider extremely good versions. We have better of each, believe what you like.  I have seen better of all versions, these are what I consider to be 9-9.5 on a 1-10 scale engines.  I have seen 1-2 more from EACH, but those are the exception, NOT the rule.  

In my opinion ANY car on this sheet on MY dyno is a Runoffs winning combination. On every 99 we sell, I tell my customers to expect between 126-128 on my dyno, IO don't care if that is 110 or 175 on others dynos.   This is an extremely fair sampling of top flight cars spun here.

I have no idea of Danny's opinion, but "I" felt that we were as close on power as we have ever been, I think he actually drafted past me as easily or perhaps even easier than I did him. I would say we are within 1/1, but that is my opinion, not sure on his, maybe he will share. 

Here ya go. 

Blue 02

purple 99

red 90

90v99v02_zps4933c905.jpg

• Mike Asselta likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70

Here is a graph of the three versions I have on my dyno 90, 99 and 02.  All three cars built here and what I consider extremely good versions. We have better of each, believe what you like.  I have seen better of all versions, these are what I consider to be 9-9.5 on a 1-10 scale engines.  I have seen 1-2 more from EACH, but those are the exception, NOT the rule.  

In my opinion ANY car on this sheet on MY dyno is a Runoffs winning combination. On every 99 we sell, I tell my customers to expect between 126-128 on my dyno, IO don't care if that is 110 or 175 on others dynos.   This is an extremely fair sampling of top flight cars spun here.

I have no idea of Danny's opinion, but "I" felt that we were as close on power as we have ever been, I think he actually drafted past me as easily or perhaps even easier than I did him. I would say we are within 1/1, but that is my opinion, not sure on his, maybe he will share. 

Here ya go. 

90v99v02_zps4933c905.jpg

Now that's transparency!  Bravo Jim... :thumbsup:

I had a feeling about that 1.6 you built...that's very nice.

Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22

very good. 

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Brendan O

Brendan O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Region:SE
  • Car Year:2003

Trying to read graph. Is this correct?

90 = 125.41 HP

99 = 126.46 HP

02 = 128.05 HP

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

90 = 125.41 HP

99 = 126.46 HP

02 = 128.05 HP

I believe you've got '99 and '02 flip-flopped. 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

90 = 125.41 HP

99 = 126.46 HP