Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:12

Boys and girls, it's that time!  Time to return to Laguna Seca for the first double - no, TRIPLE - race of 2013!

April 12-14 is a three-day triple-race weekend!  Your entry fee buys you one practice, one qual and 3 races, each around 25 minutes for more wheel to wheel fun in the same time span.   Register here:

https://www.motorspo...AEB1AFB0A9B1E0A

For SM, there are also some optional test sessions Friday morning.  If you have work or can't get away Thursday, good news is the first official Group 7 session is not until 12:55pm on Friday afternoon:

http://www.sfrscca.o..._14schedule.pdf

We don't bookend the schedule either so we are done at 12:15pm on Sunday.  This is probably the best schedule our group will have all year so come one, come all and get signed up!

Just 7 days left to register!

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

Crap.  I hate these 3 day weekends.  Why does the club penalize us hard working guys and gals that can't take a day off to attend Fridays?

There isn't even any SM qualifying on Sat and all the qual positions are based on the previous race result.  Need to figure out the run groups.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sean Allen

Sean Allen

My title is unique

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Did they get rid of the test day on thursday? 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Crap.  I hate these 3 day weekends.  Why does the club penalize us hard working guys and gals that can't take a day off to attend Fridays?

There isn't even any SM qualifying on Sat and all the qual positions are based on the previous race result.  Need to figure out the run groups.

You are not insinuating that those who can attend aren't hard working correct? You do know that all NASA events are 2 day? But as you know there may be things different on those weekends that some will complain about!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

We are running a number of 2-day weekends this year to balance the desires of everyone.  A day away from work is a good thing a couple of times per year!

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

We are running a number of 2-day weekends this year to balance the desires of everyone. A day away from work is a good thing a couple of times per year!

Or 30 :)

Ron

RAmotorsports

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34

I love the extra test sessions! Thanks to those that created that schedule.

Brian, question: I signed up for two sessions, but there are three that are available for group 7. How does one indicate which sessions out of the three?

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

CARacer

CARacer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Car Year:1991

I'm glad Group 1 is back. Hopefully Group 5 will be a bit more sane.

I don't know if I'm reading the schedule right, but when the tentative schedule was first revealed in November it looked there would be 4 2-day events. On the current schedule it looks like there are only 2. Is that right?

Another minor question: how come this isn't a triple regional?  :) 

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Car Year:1990

You are not insinuating that those who can attend aren't hard working correct? You do know that all NASA events are 2 day? But as you know there may be things different on those weekends that some will complain about!

Nope.  I was referring to the hard working ones that CAN'T take a day off.  There are some that can.

I will be looking more at NASA and NCRC over 2013.

We
are running a number of 2-day weekends this year to balance the desires
of everyone.  A day away from work is a good thing a couple of times
per year!

Only 2 out of 8 are 2 day weekends as CARacer mentioned.

There are only 31 entries in Group 7 for the weekend currently.  SCCA could have had one more.  I'm sure my $360 for one class would have made a world of difference. :)  The schedule just plain sucks if you can't make the whole weekend.  The option to select the 2nd Group 7 regional gives you one race at 4:35 on Sat and another on Sunday.  No qualifying so you start in the back.  No practice unless you attend Friday. Don't mean to be a whiny pita but I thought SCCA wanted to attract more participants.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Late_Apex_Racing

Late_Apex_Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:CA
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:28

Nope.  I was referring to the hard working ones that CAN'T take a day off.  There are some that can.

There are only 31 entries in Group 7 for the weekend currently.  SCCA could have had one more.  I'm sure my $360 for one class would have made a world of difference. :)  The schedule just plain sucks if you can't make the whole weekend.  The option to select the 2nd Group 7 regional gives you one race at 4:35 on Sat and another on Sunday.  No qualifying so you start in the back.  No practice unless you attend Friday. Don't mean to be a whiny pita but I thought SCCA wanted to attract more participants.

I agree. There were several times last year when I couldn't make Fri practice/qual.

One small improvement would be to have a 2-day entry fee where you start in the back for the first race. This would allow people running 2-day schedules to remain competitive in the championship points.

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34

If you haven't already you should sign up for the test sessions. SM can run three sessions. I bought two, and might still get the third. Currently they are undersold, so there should be lots of clear track!

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

You know as well as anyone that if running the region was doing what any one person wanted, this would be a piece of cake.

There are 7 weekends (not 8).  Of the four originally proposed two-day events, we combined our season National and Regional openers into a Rational for this transitional year between Nationals and Majors which mandated a 3-day event.  We also worked with Vodden to build something special for the October event as a special celebration of Thunderhill's 20th Anniversary.  (FWIW, the Enduro is returning and we're running the bypass, same config as the 25-hour so a great testing/practice opportunity!)

Although I'm self-employed, time away from my desk is a major concern for me.  I don't begrudge anyone who doesn't have the time and/or money to make the events which is why we work to balance the schedule but, it is just that, a balance.   I take it we can count on your attendance at the two 2-day events to show your support, right?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: laguna seca, sfrscca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users