3 replies to this topic

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

Great news about our friend Mark Pombo...ATLANTA, GA (April 18th, 2013) – Team i-MOTO Mazda the 2012 GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Street Tuner Champions are very happy to announce the racing return of Mark Pombo to the 2013 Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series! A year ago, Mark was involved in a horrific high speed crash in round six at Road America while driving for factory KIA.

For all the Continental Tire fans who watched the coverage from Road America on June 22, 2012, this may come as a surprise, but Mark Pombo will be piloting the #32 Team i-MOTO Mazdaspeed3 at Road Atlanta. He will be co-driving with Taylor Hacquard. It will have been almost ten months since he was airlifted after a morning warm-up crash. Mark will be competing at his home track in front of family and friends that have supported his recovery and eagerly await his return to competition.

Mark Pombo commented, "I honestly have had more support tha...n I could have imagined considering the severity of injuries sustained and length of recovery time. I am thankful and in debt to the i-MOTO family and everyone who has gone above and beyond to get me back in a race car."
Team owner Glenn Bocchino commented about the signing, “having Mark back on the team is like a dream come true, as soon as we got the word his doctors gave him the thumbs up to go racing the team began the preparations for Marks return. You couldn’t ask for better timing, with the return to his home track at Road Atlanta, where he has had so much success!”

Winning a battle doesn't guarantee winning the war, but to Mark Pombo getting back behind the wheel is winning the war. We're all excited to see his return to Team i-MOTO and to racing!

Come visit Mark Pombo and the team at the Road Atlanta April 18th – 20th.

• Rob Burgoon and Kevin B like this

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

:thumbsup:  to Mark, the Pombo family and all the supporters.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Terry Whitlock

Terry Whitlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:Buccaneer
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:36

Mark, Great news that we can now take off that Speedy Recovery Mark P decal that has been on our cars every since the accident.  Its the news we had all hoped and prayed for over the last 10 months.  Its great to have you rejoining the racing community.Good luck at Road Atlanta and I am sure you and your family will enjoy every moment of the weekend.

• Glenn likes this

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

http://www.grand-am....eturn-to-Racing

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users