Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Please visualize the salute to your comment.

YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE ALSO DEWDOO

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

From SCCA Site

Like Saturday, the fast, flowing corners and long straights meant that the drafting battle in Spec Miata packed the front-runners together until the final laps. The initial start was waved off, starting the race under yellow, but on lap two the action began.

By lap 10 of 14, the lead battle was six cars deep for the lead. Saturday podium finishers Andrew Charbonneau (No. 67 Auto Tecknick/Not East Street Miata), Danny Steyn (No. 39 ADEPT Studios/Rossini/OPM/Traqmate Miata) and Dan Tiley (No. 33 Ti-Speed Engineering Mazda Miata) had all taken their turns at the front of the pack.

With two to go, the No. 01 Talley Land Development/US Marines Miata of Cliff Brown moved to the front of the line, and held the pace across the stripe with one to go.

Alex Bolanos moved his No. 57 Autotechnik/Momo Motorsport Miata to the lead through lap 14 on the final lap and led the field out of the final corner.

From there, it was a drag race to the checkered flag. Brown, moving up the outside of the track, edged his fender in front of Bolanos to take the win. Charbonneau finished third.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Ken Quartuccio

Ken Quartuccio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Region:New England
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:23
What a crazy weekend !
I gained a whole new respect for the guys that run up front at these big races week in and week out
As some one who runs in the north east I tell everybody up here that it is very humbling to run with the south east division
The level of intense competition for the entire race is unbelievable.
I ran 10th Saturday til the last lap and hit the curb in turn three trying to pass Voytek
Spun myself out and finished last .
Sunday ran 7 th for 11 laps and was with the lead pack thinking all I have to do is hang on
Not try to pass anybody and it like a win for me .Well that didn't work out
Came up on a lapped car going up the uphill ss which threw off my concretion
For a second which caused me to bounce off curb in south bend
And spun myself out again .
I usually don't post much on here but wanted to give a shout out to a few people that really help me out this weekend
1.Mike Rossini I watch him go out of his way for so many people this weekend it blew my mind .He should be on anybody's list of calls for guys needing a engine or any thing else .
2.BSI . Stu and his guys I love my new car ,it drives great ,look great ,Rob and the crew this weekend where helpful for all my questions
And I was proud to recommend BSI to everybody that came by to see it
3. Danny exciting to watch you race up from 16 on Saturday ,
I was most impressed tho on Sunday in post tech by how much you cared about our class and you where willing to speak up with Andrew ,Alex and Dave wheeler and voice your concerns about this class .
4. Alex,Cliff ,Andrew and Jeff what a great group of guys you guys deserve to win
Your commitment to each other on the track and off is incredible
Mike dragged me over by my ear because he wanted me to meet you guys and I appreciate
You welcoming me , felt really good to know I pushed each of you guys at one time during the race
5. Nick Leverone for teaching me the track and drafting with me all weekend
Along with Selin we worked great Sunday morning in quailfing
6.Jim drago after the ARRC Jim sent me a message that was exactly what I didn't want to hear but want I needed to hear so thanks Jim
Last but not least
Frenchy
Ellen
Jim biasdell
Great people ,great food all weekend in Rossini camp
Sorry for the long post just call me Danny jr
  • JBlaisdell likes this

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

The view from the cheap seats has been pretty darn good so far this year.  The racing in all of the majors events is quite impressive in terms of the close competition, the quality of the driving and the fields.  SCCA must be very happy with what they're seeing from our class.  Great job guys.   

Meant to push the up arrow, Sorry Tom 

Jim 

• Blake Thompson likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Number:48
Crazy fast laps and close racing. Can't wait to come down and be humbled

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

So much to say about this event! ALL positive. Will write a report this evening.

But in the meantime, the most important thing is that despite the amazing intensity of racing at the front of the field on both days, the TOTAL respect show by drivers to fellow drivers was amazing. Everyone gave room. There was no blocking, no crowding, just straight up racing and defending. There were so many passes at the front on both days that you just cant keep count.

What an awesome class, and VIR brings out the best in Spec Miata, and thanks the the SCCA for the way they handled us. There were so many calls for contact (bumper to bumper) and yet they pulled us in to chat, they listened, and let us be.  I doubt that I have ever seen a better show in Motor Racing EVER.

Congrats to Cliffie, Alex and Charbs for the podium Sunday. Jeffy Boy must have been proud to have the entire podium. Amazing achievement.

• Jim Drago likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97

Thats my boys!! Congrats to you to Danny; I wish I would have been there but it was a long tow from Nepal.

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

That track would be a great Runoffs Venue, although the west coast guys would probably say no.

• Forrest Landy likes this

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

That track would be a great Runoffs Venue, although the west coast guys would probably say no.

I'd rather head east for VIR than RA...

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Region:San Diego
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:47

In the late 80's early 90's many more left coasters went to the runoffs when it was at Road Atlanta than go to Road America,  We are planning on going to Road America, because it's the 50th, but I would run if it was at VIR in a heartbeat!

Joe Jordan the turd.....Joey is IV or quatro!

Ran in Firestone Firehawk in a Miata in 1994

Speedvision Cup Miata's 95-99

World Challenge Miata in 2000 AT MRLS

Had 3 Rookie of the year winners "Rising Stars" In IMSA

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

6th at 50th SCCA Runoffs in SM OPM's Rental 01

2nd fastest race lap at the Runoffs.

2014 Teen Mazda Challenge (west) Champ!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

Dan Tiley

Dan Tiley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Region:SEDIV
  • Car Number:33
Had a great time racing with all of the "big boys" at VIR.  SM definitely put on the best show of the weekend on both days, and the response from the crowd after the race supported it.  Congrats to Danny and Cliff on their wins.... Well deserved, and truly earned!  One lap more or less and the outcome would have likely been different, yet I didn't see a single instance of contact (other than bumper to bumper about 5 times a lap).  It was great to be a part of all.  

Best quote from the weekend from Stephan Tisseront (AKA "Stevie T").  Stephan was pulled aside by SCCA officials on pit road for contact during one of the qualifiers to which he responded in his thick French accent, "I no speek Engleese".    With the lack of French to Redneck interpreters at the track in Virginia they were just about to send him off, when he smiled and said, "Eeem just meesing weet you."  

• Jim Drago likes this

Joe Benton

Joe Benton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:WDCA
  • Car Number:37

So much to say about this event! ALL positive. Will write a report this evening..

And some of your always excellent video please...

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:44

"Eeem just meesing weet you."  

Isn't this what SM is all about?  :banana:

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Dan Tiley

Dan Tiley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Car Number:33

Oh yeah... the other notable quote came from Charbonneau on grid as they called the "5" before Sunday's race.  Charbonneau, (5th on grid) yelled up to Danny (on pole) at the top of his lungs, "HEY STEYN... I'M COMING FOR YOU FOCKER!!!".

And that he did :hatchet:

Brocodile

Brocodile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Car Number:61

Had a great time racing with all of the "big boys" at VIR.  SM definitely put on the best show of the weekend on both days, and the response from the crowd after the race supported it.  Congrats to Danny and Cliff on their wins.... Well deserved, and truly earned!  One lap more or less and the outcome would have likely been different, yet I didn't see a single instance of contact (other than bumper to bumper about 5 times a lap).  It was great to be a part of all.  

Best quote from the weekend from Stephan Tisseront (AKA "Stevie T").  Stephan was pulled aside by SCCA officials on pit road for contact during one of the qualifiers to which he responded in his thick French accent, "I no speek Engleese".    With the lack of French to Redneck interpreters at the track in Virginia they were just about to send him off, when he smiled and said, "Eeem just meesing weet you."  

Mr. Tiley proved he's one of the "big boys" himself with third and fourth place finishes.

F-1 has all those drivers with exotic accents. Not to be outdone, Spec Miata has Stevie T.

I second Danny's comment regarding the quality of the event. The organization and customer service were excellent, most notably the streamlined registration process. The beauty and quality of the VIR facility are truly special. The track itself has a little bit of everything. It would be a great venue for the Runoffs.

And the quality of the SM field? Suffice it to say that, in Sunday's race, in a healthy field of almost fifty cars, no fewer than 15 drivers turned laps within one second of Cliff Brown's new track record, set in the same race. And that's on a 3.2-mile track. No mistake, whether technical or tactical, went unpunished. The racing was intensely competitive, but respectful.

Finally, a word about Sunday's post-race meeting regarding car-to-car contact. Throughout the weekend, there was considerable mutually consensual "contact" on the straights, if you catch my drift, but only a minimal amount in the turns and braking zones. The banging and punting of yesteryear are now the rare exception rather than the rule. However, the parity of cars and drivers is now such that some form of "cooperation" on the straights is essential to prevent races from becoming parades...and to help allay the temptation to make all-too-risky moves in the turns in order to make a pass.  Danny, for one, made a very articulate case for focusing attention on side-to-side, rather than nose-to-tail, contact on the straights. All drivers who expressed an opinion were in agreement. Rather than simply delivering a tongue lashing to the drivers, the stewards took a collaborative and constructive attitude toward the issue, which was appreciated by all. Time will tell how the issue will be resolved, but it was an encouraging ending of a great weekend of racing.

Skip Brock
OPM Autosports, Nelson Engines
2012 SARRC Spec Miata Champion
2012 SEDiv Regional Driver of the Year

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
What was the point of the meeting after the races? And the bigger question...did anyone get penalized for "bump drafting"??

Sure seems it all depends where you are racing if this form of contact is enforced! When SFR out west decided they were going to make an example of a driver a couple years ago, it sort of backfired. By the next event, a new sticker was passed out..."Bump & Deny" . Whether being pushed or pushing, if asked it was a simple answer...no contact! Though things really haven't changed on track, the stewards seemed to have backed away and no penalties for 2 years. May be a coincidence but at least some of the drivers felt they made their point...let us race!!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

VIR follow up report â€“ Saturday – Race 1

In Friday’s Q1 session I managed to put my car in 3rd place, but very few were even able to get 5th gear on the uphill esses in the hot conditions, so we we all knew that Saturday’s qualifying session would be faster in the colder air and that our times would not hold up.

So in Saturdays qualifying, I promptly put my car off in T3 on my first flyer and got bogged down in the swamp created from the massive storm that rolled through on Friday night, and missed the entire session. Well that error put me back to 16th on the grid and Cliffie Brown set the tone by being the first Spec Miata to run VIR in the 2:17’s. WOW!!!

When you are 16th on the grid in a field as deep as this one, you know you have no chance of making it to the front. My goal was to try and salvage as many points as I could, and hopefully break into the top

10. Well I made up one position on lap 1, another on lap 2 and by lap 3 I was in 12th, but falling way back from the leaders.

And then they started to race, going two wide into the braking areas and running two wide through the turns. First Keith Andrews spun in Oaktree, then Lamb dropped back to help Cahall, then Tisseront drove himself

off the track in Hogpen and then Bolanos knocked Chip off and suddenly I was in the top 6 and in contact with the pack.

Somehow every move I made worked and I would be in the right place for the next turn and then there were three of us racing for the lead. Andrew and I were gapping Tiley in T4 and getting some breathing room. I was carrying more speed in Oaktree than Andrew and that helped me gap him, but the draft brought us all together again, lap after lap. With two laps to go I was in the lead.

Andrew got by me again to lead the final lap. We gapped Tiley through four, I had a good run out of Oaktree and the draft allowed me to pass Andrew down the back straight going into Hogpen. I had a bit of a wiggle in Hogpen and Andrew had a run in my sidedraft and finished along side of me. If the line was 50ft further on Andrew would have won. Congrats to Dan Tiley for a fine drive in his first National, and of course to AC who fought me every inch of the track. That’s what you want from a race!!! 

It was the most satisfying race of my career. In retrospect what made me win over the others was that I just made fewer mistakes. That’s the difference between winning and losing in this class, just not fu$&ing up. It is that close. In the process I managed to get the FRL and set a new VIR lap record of 2:18.164

Hats off to all drivers for driving so cleanly, so respectfully, that despite so many passes, two and three wide racing in corners and straights that there was NO crowding, NO leaning on the driver next to you. Racing room was given everywhere by everyone. I have such respect for the driving quality in this class and none of us is trying to get the win by blocking, swerving, or forcing the other guy off the track.

Bye the way, really great to see all the guys from up North make it down to join us and especially great to see Mark Drennan coming over all the way from California to play. Nice to see you again Mark.

When I get a moment I will post some video.

2013-vir-double-majors-spec-miata-podium

Danny
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

What was the point of the meeting after the races? And the bigger question...did anyone get penalized for "bump drafting"??

Sure seems it all depends where you are racing if this form of contact is enforced! When SFR out west decided they were going to make an example of a driver a couple years ago, it sort of backfired. By the next event, a new sticker was passed out..."Bump & Deny" . Whether being pushed or pushing, if asked it was a simple answer...no contact! Though things really haven't changed on track, the stewards seemed to have backed away and no penalties for 2 years. May be a coincidence but at least some of the drivers felt they made their point...let us race!!

Ron - I started a new thread to discuss the VIR bump drafting discussion 

Danny

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

The new talent in this class is just amazing

• Dan Tiley finishing 3rd and 4th in his first national in a stupidly deep field is one amazing achievement. Congrats Dan!
  • Selin Rollan was in the hunt both races
  • Ken Quarcuccio can wheel a car for sure. He qualified 4th on Sunday - serious achievement there
  • Dillon Machavern is the real deal. Finishes 5th and 6th and jumps our of his 120HP Miata and runs the next group in his 800HP Falcon and gets both wins!!!
  • And John Carter from Florida served notice that he is coming with strong runs both days.

Danny

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

VIR race report – Sunday – Race 2

Fridays warm Q2 times went out the window, and this time, in Sunday’s Q4 session, I put my car on the pole with a 2:17.8. Just as Cliffie did in Q3, I ran this time without a draft or a push, and as we know the draft at VIR is worth at least a second, if not more, so I believe that the 2:16’s are achievable in qualifying with the right weather and a drafting partner. WOW

The start of R2 was waived off as there were many cars out of line in the middle of the pack. On the restart I got the lead, with Tiley on my tail and Dillon in 3rd. Dan pushed me for the first two laps and we strung out the field. I entered the main straight for lap 3 with a good lead on Dan but he had a run and chose to go past me and AC was on my tail in 3rd bumping me through the uphill esses!! So much fun!!!!

Dan’s 01 is stupidly fast out the corners with all that torque, but falls off a bit at the top end so he gets the gap but we close at the end of the straights.

On lap 6 (I think) Andrew had a great run out of Hogpen, took me on the left hand side of the start straight, cleared me and came across in front of me and on Dan’s right hand side, a very impressive pass, but Dan had the inside into T3 and AC couldn’t complete the double pass. I was back to P3 with Bolanos on my tail and Dillon pushing him. Alex made the outside pass on me for T3 the next lap and I was back to 4th with Cliffy pushing me through the uphill esses!! Yeay baby.

Behind me Cliffy screwed up the exit of Oaktree, Dillon decided not to push Cliffy went for the pass and ran two wide slowing down. Ken Quartuccio, chose Cliffy and they both went forward leaving Dillon behind. So much of this class is long term vision. Does it make sense to pass even if I can, or will it be better to push? Tough decision!

AC got the lead and then we were a train of 8 cars bumper to bumper. Cliffy tried the outside pass on me in T1 but couldn’t complete. I got a run out of Oaktree and passed Alex to move back up to 3rd.

Out of T4 leading to T5, AC put two wheel off in the dirt and Dan got alongside going towards the uphill esses. I picked Andrew and pushed and together with Alex we cleared Dan (who barely missed a lapped car that I did not see until we almost hit him – Dan actually passed the lapper in the grass on the right hand side under the bridge). I was back up to 2nd.

Alex got a great run out of Hogpen and went for the inside pass in T1 but I had the inside line for T3 and he couldn’t complete.

Coming out of Hogpen, both Alex and I had great runs and we passed Andrew to the left and right. Alex got me through the T1, with Andrew in 3rd and now with all the side by side running, the angry pack was

all over us. The bump drafting through the uphill esses was insane.

As I came out of Oaktree I had a slow shift and Cliffy pushed Andrew passed me and I was back to 4th  with Tiley all over my bumper. Coming through Hogpen onto the last lap, Dan got a run and I was back to 5th.  But I made the outside pass in T1 stick and I was back to 4th by T3. Another botched shift allowed Dan to come along side. We ran side by side for the entire back straight, side by side through each turn in Hogpen leading onto the straight. Dan edged ahead and Dillon was flying and went for the pass on my right through the grass!! I believe Dillon and I have a time gap of 0.000!!!!

What an amazing race. As Skip says, no errors went unpunished. It only took 2 slightly botched shifts and I am not talking 2-5 upshifts, but just not perfect 2-3 shifts, and that’s all it took to move me backwards 3 positions.

Congrats to Cliff Brown for the win and for annihilating the track record with a 2:17.784. Oh Well - at least I had the lap record for a day!!!! And as Skip pointed out, 12 drivers ran best laps within 1 second of Cliffy’s new record. That speaks volumes about this class, and the track.

I seriously think that VIR would make the BEST DAMN TRACK FOR THE RUNOFFS, PERIOD!!!

Once again, exceptionally close tight racing, but respectful with room given when earned. No crowding, no blocking, no swerving. Drivers committed to one side of the track, and if the other guy had the run they would hold their line, not swerve over to defend that side. I would love to see this adhered to by all drivers. This is when you get out of the car and walk over to the guy who just kicked your ass and give him a huge high five. But when you are being crowded or blocked, the bitter feelings last a long time. 

VIR Turn 4. Dillon 24, Chip on the inside of him, Alex 57, myself and Sellin 87

2013-vir-double-majors-spec-miata-race-1

Danny

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VIR, Majors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users