Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

No vids posted lately...we need to change that.  (No Webb..that isn't an invitation. :P )

So it isn't Danny-esque in its epicness, but the entire day was rain/shine/rain/shine and so tire choice was a huge gamble for the 45 min race.  I'll have to say that these RR's do remarkably well in the cold/wet.  Being in a low-powered car and getting "revenge" on all the high horsepower cars is always fun.  Shameless plug: Next race is on May 3rd-5th the weather looks to be awesome. We're back to the NASA Nationals configuration (Outerloop).  If you are close and planning on attending Nats, it'd be a great time to get some track knowledge.  There's already a big group coming down from Portland, and I believe some from Cali and Colorado.  Free beers from the local microbrewery (Thanks Jon!) and BBQ on Sat.

Also if you are planning on attending Nats, you can see the changes to the East track.  They are building a supermoto course through the infield.  This changes visibility and barriers.  Witchcraft just got a bit more spooky.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

William Bonsell

William Bonsell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Region:Northwest
  • Car Year:1999
I had heard rumors that several of the Oregon SM guys were thinking of going for a NASA Championship. Very excited about that possibility as I think several will be serious contenders. Will be interesting to see who shows up for this event and pass up the SCCA event at their home track on the same weekend.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
It would be a shame if the top Northwest boys don't show up in Utah this year. And for that matter if there aren't a few big names from the East! CA will have a nice contingent of top drivers for sure!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
Thanks for the post Todd. I see you we're running with Glen M on your other videos...don't know if Glen will appreciate this being shared but bummer to see...hope his car damage was minor!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Whoa, somehow I missed this post.  Yes I did meet Glen.  A super-nice guy and was looking forward to having him back when he could make it.  Sorry to see the contact.  Why did the Vette driver suddenly put on the binders?

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
You can see the waving yellow for the car that had just spun in 11. I would imagine The corvette parked it when he saw the yellow as he was just passing the clown car...

Ron

RAmotorsports

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

You can see the waving yellow for the car that had just spun in 11. I would imagine The corvette parked it when he saw the yellow as he was just passing the clown car...

By the time I could see the worker station the contact already happened and wasn't sure if the flagger was super fast and the was for the incident you captured.  Unfortunate circumstances in any case.

NASA Utah SM Director

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users