ToddW

ToddW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:67

Did you get a new motor Todd?

On track to be ready in time. Working with a completely different motor this time. That last one was possessed....took it way up into the hills and buried it.

• Joe (dad) Jordan likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

On track to be ready in time. Working with a completely different motor this time. That last one was possessed....took it way up into the hills and buried it.

I thought it was "under warranty " ???  

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:Northern California
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:17

Nice work!!! I have been to Laguna only twice never with a Miata. Spending much time on the sim!!!! Hope to finish in the top 25!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Laguna Seca, only 30 cars on track, 103 db ..... life is good!

Untill you get really brave under braking and spent the next 10 minutes stuck in a gravel pit :duck: 

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

yes. right up until then..thanks for the vote of confidence!

ToddW

ToddW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:67

Schedule is up:

http://socal.drivena...om/MRLSinfo.pdf

It just keeps getting better: 

1) We are not on track till 10:00 each day...time for fog to clear and track to dry

2) Sunday race @2:20... get home reasonable time.

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:27

Should be a great weekend!!  As a bonus I get out of the 105 degree days in the capital!!

Current schedule and Supps for the weekend!!!

http://socal.drivena.../MRLSinfov1.pdf

See ya all this weekend!

Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Nice job Charlie on the win in Race 1 :thumbsup:

Ron

RAmotorsports

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Number:91

The (old) king has wrecked, long live the king!

Well done Charlie!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

Here is my Saturday race starting 3rd to Joey Bickers (blue 99') and Tyler Vance (red 01') and myself in my new 2000. 

http://youtu.be/OyBneaX0TDs

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96

My teammate gave me permission to post this video as an example of what not to do.

Unfortunately George was frustrated with the sportsmanship and driving “style” of the orange car and let it get the best of him.  George will be serving a multi-race suspension before he can continue to work towards getting signed off on his rookie license.  Thankfully NASA was very fair with the penalties.

Again an example of what not to do…but I felt the video was worth posting.  Sorry about the horrible lighting on the camera.  I must have changed some setting and need to resolve it because it looks like crap.  Because of that it is difficult at times to see the precise position on track...which makes the indiscretion look even worse.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Wow!!! After that performance that guy got exactly what he deserved!! And was so dumb fell right in to Jaime trap on Sunday...

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96

No trap.  I just wanted to beat him and have a clean race without more crash damage.  I managed to only get hit once before his exit in T4 on lap 1.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Sunday race but didnt record after restart

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Wow!!! After that performance that guy got exactly what he deserved!! And was so dumb fell right in to Jaime trap on Sunday...

He was doing a good enough job accumilating dents on his own, not sure he really needed turned he just needs to understand that is totaly unacceptable way to drive period! 

I would think Mueller is quite capable of taking care of that type of horsey shi t!

I realize the world is much more sophisticated out on the western side of the continent, Not sure where that guy is learning that kind of racing, I have watched a shi t ton of west coast vids and I have never once seen any of the front runners even drive over on each other let alone hit someone side to side on purpose, or just ram someone at apex after they guy has already turned in and not once but twice or three times no less!  07 whoever you are get a coach or a mentor, you need some help... 

• john mueller and Jaime Florence like this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Joey Jordan

Joey Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:SO CAL
  • Car Number:47

Unfortunately George was frustrated with the sportsmanship and driving “style” of the orange car and let it get the best of him. 

He only did what I so desperately wanted to do.  07 raced me as hard as you would if you were racing for a ten million dollar purse and it was the last lap.  He ran me off the track multiple times and the only reason I didn't do what George did was because I'm battling for the Teen Mazda Challenge and any DQ will ruin my hopes of winning the championship.  I am sorry that George is suspended. He doesn't deserve it, and frankly he is my personal hero.

• john mueller and Jaime Florence like this
Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner -

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Full discloser before I comment...i'm friends with or well acquainted with all involved in the video and those around them.

Frankly I'm disgusted with both drivers and the inferences of several of the comments here.

Lets start with the 07...3rd video I've seen where he turns into someone(start)as if they weren't there. He either doesn't have mirrors or isn't using them...in our case, he admitted he didn't see us...he pitted himself. The contact in the rear is just horrible car control, judgement, and just a dumbass. I hope he received a penalty, he was driving like an idiot

How do you make the 07 actions look like child's play...react like George did. IMO, his actions are the ultimate in selfish, moronic, dickhead behavior. The class(or any amateur racing)does not need people who cant control their actions when driving a 2300lb weapon. Its bad enough when people unintentionally make mistakes that have serious consequences...but there cant be anyplace for intentional behavior. 2 years ago a very similar type contact happened with a eerily similar result in how the car spinning went off track(but completely unintentional for both parties). The driver in that case is still recovering to this date...we came very close to losing him that day.

3 race suspension is a joke...makes me wonder what those who make these decisions are thinking. Earlier this year a driver made a really poor decision and drove to fast through a yellow losing control of his car and scarring every safety worker in the process...penalty was a 1 year suspension(there were a lot of emotions going on here for sure). So you intentionally put a mans life in jeopardy(nevermind the car)and you get a 3 race suspension???

And then you have guys come on here and say he got what he deserved...you all need to have your fuuking heads examined. Why bother using the car...next time just bring your 45 and pop off a few. Whats the difference, the end result could still be the same???

This makes me appreciate the self control Jim had 2 years ago even more.

Joey...please dont idolize narcissistic behavior or encourage it. Walk up to any man or women in uniform and extend your hand...the feeling you get will put things in perspective. Hero is a term that should truly be sacred.

I've said my  :peace1: ...

• Juan Pineda likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

If you count the start as just a mistake...  Every other instance of contact that the 07 made was intentional, yes it was also dumass as Ron said, but nobody in their right mind runs one car to the dirt only to see he has left the barn door open to another guy and thus come back across the track and slam into the other guy from the side, and the pass attampts from 2 car lengths back to hit a guy 2 or 3 times with the same move, after once you can be assured its intentional!  like turing the burner on the stove on high waitng till it gets hot and putting your hand on it, it burns your hand so wait 5 minutes and put your hand on it again...  Accident I dont think so, Dumbass absoutly, Intentional Hell yes

Joey after racing with you and even collectiing you in a spin, you showed a level head then as well as in this race... I know how you feel about the 07s behavior, but I certainly hope your comment of idolizing the vigilati aproach is just a flippant comment.  Your to good a racer to let that kind of thought kindle on the fire!

K. Webb