53 replies to this topic

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

BTW - who was driving the #07?  Entry list didn't have car #'s and mylaps...

Pretty sure it is Tim Auger...he is a SCCA regular. Nice guy but his driving style has always been in question iMO. Way more contact on a regular basis than there should be. As I said, I hope he was penalized...maybe a change will occur.

Thank you Joey for your clarification...understood. But  I would bet you big money if you were the 07 car, your dad would not consider the end result a defensive move. 

A defensive move occurs from the front. A defensive move for George would have been to brake and avoid contact...which based on the NASA rules would have been 100% his fault in this situation regardless of the actions of the car in front or the end result.

Again, my point in this whole exercise is to make clear, retaliation should not be encouraged or accepted. Is this reality, probably not. 

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

So maybe I missed missed it, did the 07 get penalized?

Contact XXX times, Dive bomb into 11, (just like george gave him) moving rt and then left from, "One move" only in SCCA?

Just want to make clear whats legal and not.

Ron, no diss, just question, have you raced before? I haven't known you that long.

NASA NorCal putting out the invite for everyone to try for free.

I would really want to with this guy on track.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91

It was just not well thought out comment guys.  I didn't mean anything by it.  I'm sorry if it offended any of you.  I guess I was just trying to cheer the guy up from what I think is an undeserved suspension.  I don't "idolize" what he did.  I was just talking out my ass, next time I will think about what I say. I hope none of you take it too seriously. 

Written words are up for interpretation, and sometimes readers interpret the words differently then the writers intent.  That is why, when writing, you should be very cautious of what you say which I was not.  I think if I had this convo with you Ron or Kyle face to face nothing would have come by it... Written words tend to get over analyzed... I have much experience with this in texting girls.  Teenage girls over analyze, dissect, and then interpret your words into whatever they want them to be. 

With that being said I do feel what George did was more of defensive move. You can't see everything in the video.   If he didn't do it I was sure the 07 would end up taking one of us out.  Probably not on purpose, but just based on his driving style.  I'm sure the guy driving the 07 car is a good guy and he's just really competitive and wants to win just like the rest of us.  But racing with him was the most unsafe I've felt in a car... His moves were erratic and every corner we went into I was worried of him taking me out... It's not a good feeling and I was relieved when he was no longer in my rear view mirror.  It doesn't mean I condone anything, I'm just saying... giving the perspective from a guy who racing right with these incidents.   

And right over into sexism.  :-D

• JRHille likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Bad Rusty

Bad Rusty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Region:Arizona
Auger smiles is a nice guy, ;but he always has contact. Brake checked me at turn 2 thunderhill 200 feet from the brake zone (circle track reference so you known it should not take place in road racing!). Apologized, but it's becomming a pattern based on that video. He has great cars and can drive, maybe too big of a rearviewmirror, or he owns a body shop.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34

What happened with the E30s? I heard there were a lot of issues.

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Michael Colangelo

Michael Colangelo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Region:Southern California
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:23

What happened with the E30s? I heard there were a lot of issues.

They had a horrible restart:

http://www.vimeo.com/69931817

There's a whole thread on it at the spece30.com forum

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Car Number:34

Wow, looks like two separate incidents. The first one is visible and it it the classic case of pinching a car against the wall in T1.

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:Northern California
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:17

Wow business as usual for the e30's! 

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

Wow business as usual for the e30's! 

You do realize they think we're the crazy ones right ?? 

ToddW

ToddW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Car Number:67

That is not always a false perception.....

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

They are pretty good at it.

J~

http://mazdaracers.c...067-e30-pileup/

• Derrick Ambrose likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Thats just nuts

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

They are pretty good at it.

J~

http://mazdaracers.c...067-e30-pileup/

This pretty much sums it up!!! omg so fn funny!

Macgiver

Macgiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

I am kind of envious of them in a way......they have a lot more to talk about on their forums than we do! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users