JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48

Here's my video from the Saturday race, skip to the end if you want to get right to it...and fire away....

I don't want to hear it about the NASA sticker either :)

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Here's my video from the Saturday race, skip to the end if you want to get right to it...and fire away....

I don't want to hear it about the NASA sticker either :)

Oh by the way, that NASA sticker probably cost you half a second :) Really nice to meet you and really sorry about the car. Glad you weren't hurt
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

Wow, what a shame.  U drove your arse off,  only to get yanked everytime coming out of the keyhole, same as Shawn.  Is your car done for?  Hopefully your not hurt.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

SaulSpeedwell

SaulSpeedwell

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

The feelgood part:  You got hit, so it wasn't your "fault".   

The feelbad part:  He was there to do it because you let him get there, and get inside you.

I'm thinking you want 4th gear in the Pre-Carousel-Corner-That-Nobody-Can-Agree-What-To-Call Corner. 

Sorry about the car!  I wish it had been a BMW! ;)

For faster reply than PM:  miataboxes>>>AT<<<gmail>>DOT<<<com

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Car Number:48
I hit myself in the head for the feel bad part. Don't know why I thought that would work. Get out of my head!

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

The feelgood part:  You got hit, so it wasn't your "fault".   

The feelbad part:  He was there to do it because you let him get there, and get inside you.

I'm thinking you want 4th gear in the Pre-Carousel-Corner-That-Nobody-Can-Agree-What-To-Call Corner. 

Sorry about the car!  I wish it had been a BMW! ;)

Mark yes you can look at that and say that giving up the insided invited the inside move, but that should have only resulted in a loss of a position not a punt. If your going to pass someone on the inside of a corner you take responsiblity to keep withing your line and not punt the guy off the track.

I did lots of door to door racing over the weekend and never once lost it and slid into my competitior. Its all about car control or in this case lack of it.

This was a well debated issue in the paddock as that driver who hit Hillie hit two other cars in the same race including me when I was passing him dowm the back straigh on his drivers right and he kept tring to bump me into the grass  when we were door to door and I was right on the edge of the track..(edit i was not on the edge but holing my line)

I think anyone could make any one of those mistakes, but when you do 3 in one race it gets people thinking.

There was some discussions with all involved.

• Killian likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

That's a tough call Justin.  Hard to judge it completely without seeing other driver's hands and track position relative to the right edge.  Other driver established a favorable position on you but whatever room was there disappeared as both cars got deeper into the corner and the track and line narrows there.  Doesn't look like ill intent on the part of either driver.   The outcome sucks.  

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Kinda reminds me of this: (FF to 1:30)

In this case I believe the offending driver, Gustavo Yacaman, was given a one minute penalty stop. Hmmm, wonder if that would work in club racing.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Nash Lawson

Nash Lawson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Region:Nasa SE, SCCA SE
  • Car Number:23

Justin, I saw the in car from Josh on facebook. You can see him slide and make contact which pushed you off. If you haven't seen the video look it up on his facebook page. Pretty easy to see what happened from his video.

• Bruce Andersen likes this
Nash Lawson

Ti-Speed Engineering Driver

2012 Carolina Cup Pro Series SM Champion
2011 NASA SE SM Regional Champion
2010 NASA SE SM Regional Champion

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Justin

your instinctive reaction to the slight nudge you gave the Green car in the turn at 6:10 in the video speaks volume about your character.

You have my respect as a driver and a gentleman. Look forward to meeting you on a track sometime soon

• Joe (dad) Jordan and Kevin B like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Michael Novak

Michael Novak

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Region:Michigan
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:#9

Justin

your instinctive reaction to the slight nudge you gave the Green car in the turn at 6:10 in the video speaks volume about your character.

You have my respect as a driver and a gentleman. Look forward to meeting you on a track sometime soon

I think Justin was just telling Tom to stop......  :)

We all watched the same car bounce off others throughout the weekend. Most ended up with scratches, Justin ended up with a wrecked car!  I have no belief he was trying to damage or wreck anyone, but a little more racing awareness would help in the future.

Majors Winner - Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Kyle Freiheit

Kyle Freiheit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Number:8

I watched the in car, looked to me like lots of low percentage(karting) moves. I think he may have pulled the video from facespace.

Kyle

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

looked to me like lots of low percentage(karting) moves.

Kyle

K. Webb