FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

For those of you going to the SCCA Grand AM weekend at Mid Ohio. note that the scheudle has changed and it may change again. Right now we start at 9am Sunday. Grand AM and Mid or may make additonal changes but it looks like we will be starting at 9am.

If your coming to the track make sure you understand when registration is open, if you go to the track and registration is closed you will have to buy a refundable pass untill you do get to registration.

Otherwise get ready to race with the pros.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Still no on-track activities Saturday?

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Where do we find the revised schedule? (It won't be posted on OVR's website until at least December)

Terry Whitlock

Terry Whitlock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Region:Buccaneer
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:36

Not sure if this is the latest and greatest, but check the Grand Am site:

http://www.grand-am....ched 061013.pdf

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Thanks Terry!

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Not sure if this is the latest and greatest, but check the Grand Am site:

http://www.grand-am....ched 061013.pdf

That be it.

should be a good weekend.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

tra68

tra68

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:90

Any race reports from the SCCA portion of the weekend?

Todd Ayers

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Wet, sorta wet to drying, dry.

Johnny "Lightning" Guthrie wins SM, 3rd OA. No pace car during FCY, near race-pace with no chance for the field to close-up. Can you say cluster-f#ck? Too many outa classholes not being aware. Got a tire donut on my passenger door from an RX7, the driver of which pulled-off right afterwards, yeah, that was worth it.

Like the Hoosier H2Os, until a dry line forms.

It was fun. Would have been more fun if OVR gave SM their own group.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

It was an interesting weekend. I will say that for a regional tech was excellent. a big shout out to Barry Baker chief of tech for popping everyone's hood on the Grid before qualifying to see if you had your restrictor plate in. I wish they would do that in the majors.

As the Moose said. first qualifying, session was kind of wet it stopped raining about a half hr before we hit the track and  i and some other had fresh H20's that we did not want to torch so i ran just 3 laps and came in early. many either had RA-1 hard rains or slicks and they got faster as it went on.The second session a 10 lap qualifying race,  I started 19th,  I think in SM the qualifying race was Bob Keller ( a NASA regular)  Murdick, Guthrie Todaro Webb.

As Moose also said, the double yellow that came out the field did not close up on the leaders and event increased the lead.

Keller Murdick Guthrie and Todaro managed a bread away and battled for the first half of the race. Todaro had to spine himself on the entry to thundervally to avoid taking out a back marker. Keller with a two second lead lost his grip and went off hard in the carousel, and retired. 

Top 5 was

Guthrie

Murdick

Todaro

Bill Biel 

Caveman Webb rounding out the top 5.

55 car field.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

A brief story from the GrandAm weekend: During the Playboy Cup race #1 a corner worker stepped-out from the safety of his station to remove a small piece of debris from the top of the esses. I'm not sure what the small black object was, however, it was off-line. The intrepid volunteer ran out as fast as he could, lost his footing, tripped and rolled onto the track, disgorging the contents of his pockets onto the racing line. At this point his urgency inexplicably ceased and he casually strolled out to retrive the original debris. Did I mention that the leaders were entering the braking zone at the end of the backstraight? The turn seven workers started blowing their whistles for all their worth, our turn eight hero taking little notice. All the spectators on the hill were gasping at the unfolding scene. I personally could hardly watch. The worker made it back to the grass, but not behind the wall, as the leaders passed him. It should be noted that he left more debris on the track than was originally there.

I really dropped the ball by not getting a photo. Did anyone else see this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users