34 replies to this topic

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

According to Craig, you just need to provide your License and do a litle paper work. There are a couple NASA regulars that can rent you a car. You can PM me here for my recommendations! 

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27

This is a great deal and one I want to absolutely take advantage of!  The only question is, who is the most reputable party to rent a car from?  I guess that isn't the only question, but do I need a NASA license to race, or can I use my SCCA license for the first weekend?  

There are several Renters you could use.  Contact me or any of the NorCal guys for recommendations.  Ron Alan is a very good impartial source for that info.

To collect and use the free entry you will need a NASA license.  I have secured a process to use your SCCA license to allow you to be issued a NASA license.  All you will need to do is pay for a NASA membership and license and free entry for SM will be granted assuming you otherwise meet the requirements.

You can contact me at:

SMX@drivenasa.com

Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Bump, don't forget.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

It is not a done deal yet by any means but I am planning to be there End Of  Sept. so any of you Surfers or hippi's, oh snap that might be harvest season on all the maroJowana Farms, that want to com out to race agasint a Cavman, should start gettign your shiz in order...

Hope my little buddy the Grinch can come up maybe he can carpool with the Boogerking???  Will let you all know the moment I have plan finalized...  

• Joe (dad) Jordan likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42

Cold beer with Caveman's name on it ,, waiting when you get here

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Caveman eating Caribou meat ?? Sounds about right.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Tagget you are to kind.....  I have to warn you I am a big time beer snob, please no domestic crapolla :) 

I would go to Mormon Park but that one nASA guy todd farmer Grean jeans threatened my life last year,  I am coming feast on Whoppers mmmm :) 

Carboo??? Johnny I think you gonna be my boo!  

Hopefully my adoption papers will go through so Daddy joe can be my poppa toooo!!!! 

Most importantly I hope all the kids can behave I dont need anyone running out of tallent right into the car I am driving...  Seen plenty of that in the last teen videos that got posted... I will be more then pissed if I have to deal with that, just to be up front and honest :)

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Tagget you are to kind.....  I have to warn you I am a big time beer snob, please no domestic crapolla :) 

Carboo??? Johnny I think you gonna be my boo!  

Hopefully my adoption papers will go through so Daddy joe can be my poppa toooo!!!! 

Most importantly I hope all the kids can behave I dont need anyone running out of tallent right into the car I am driving...  Seen plenty of that in the last teen videos that got posted... I will be more then pissed if I have to deal with that, just to be up front and honest :)

Well...Todd will be the one with the Caribou...or something gameyy! And I'm surprised he offered you a beer...unless it has rum in it :)

Johnny has been pretty MIA for the most part...hopefully he will make it to drive!

How snobby can a caveman be about his beer? There are many little local breweries if your interested in trying something in particular...we can arrange to have something!

Who's car are you renting?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

I would go to Mormon Park but that one nASA guy todd farmer Grean jeans threatened my life last year,  I am coming feast on Whoppers mmmm :)

Watcha talkin' about Webb?  I just said I'd give you a nice tour of our desert.  If you happened to get lost and never made it back, that isn't on me. :P  My front bumper is freshly painted and stickered for Nats and is waiting for you should you change your mind.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Watcha talkin' about Webb?  I just said I'd give you a nice tour of our desert.  If you happened to get lost and never made it back, that isn't on me. :P  My front bumper is freshly painted and stickered for Nats and is waiting for you should you change your mind.

I know and you gots no brakes now LOL... another good reason to celebrate my wonderful wifes birthday with her on that special day for the first time in 3 years... She gave me a pass for 2 years while race was in my back yard. Todd just worry about keeping up with Kid from Ohio ;) that could prove to be a feat...

K. Webb