• 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

I saw this on Race Hub last night.

It could be about any race car driver.

Some interesting comments/quotes.

What do you think?

Edit: I thought I had the right link but it's not.

I think It's a 9:25 video interview.

I'll post if I can find it.

Click on Breakfast with Kyle with this link

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Consider the source. Hint - Kyle sure ain't the "King".

PS: Dani finished 13th at Michigan two weeks ago. I guess the 30 drivers that finished behind her aren't "race car drivers" either.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

If you would of watched the video, you would of known hes said that   :uhwhat:

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

About 20 seconds was all I could take - rather watch paint dry.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Do I need to post some quotes for the ADD/video impaired??  Here. And once again take some of this without Danica in it.

J~

Danica Patrick may be in her first full season in the Sprint Cup Series, but former driver Kyle Petty says she's not a race car driver.

Appearing on SPEED's RaceHub, Petty was on with host Matt Clark. When the discussion shifted to Patrick, Petty called her a marketing machine, a phrase he's used to describe the 30-year-old driver many times before. Then Clark asked Petty where Patrick was as a driver.

"That’s where I have a problem. Where fans have bought into the hype of the marketing, to think she’s a race car driver," Petty said. "She can go fast, and I’ve seen her go fast. She drives the wheels off it when she goes fast."

Petty, who is also an analyst on TNT's Sprint Cup coverage continued after he was asked if she's learned to race.

"She’s not a race car driver.There’s a difference. The King (Richard Petty, Kyle's father) always had that stupid saying, but it’s true, ‘Lots of drivers can drive fast, but very few drivers can race.’ Danica has been the perfect example of somebody who can qualify better than what she runs. She can go fast, but she can’t race. I think she’s come a long way, but she’s still not a race car driver. And I don’t think she’s ever going to be a race car driver."

"Because I think it’s too late to learn."

While Petty is certainly entitled to think what he wants about Patrick as a race car driver, using her qualifying position relative to her racing position isn't necessarily the best argument. Through 26 races in the Sprint Cup Series, Patrick's average finish of 26.8 is 6.8 positions better than her average starting position.

Yes, part of that reason is because Patrick has qualified poorly – her average starting position is 32nd this season – but that still runs counter to Petty's argument.

As someone who faced weighty expectations because of his father's incredible success, Petty knows what it's like to struggle in the NASCAR spotlight too. While Richard Petty won 200 NASCAR races, Kyle won eight Sprint Cup Series races and 1992 was his only season with multiple victories. To his credit, Petty is open about that – calling himself a "journeyman" driver during the segment as the topic transitioned to the differences between good and great drivers. But those adjectives were never used in the conversation about Patrick.

In the final 10 seasons of his career, Petty drove for his father's team, Petty Enterprises, after stints with the Wood Brothers, Felix Sabates and his own team. You could make the argument that the Petty Enterprises equipment in that span wasn't as good as Patrick's Stewart-Haas cars are relative to the field this season, but it's worth pointing out that Patrick's average finishing position this season (25.8) is better than Petty's average finish in seven of those 10 seasons.

• Tom Hampton likes this

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

Do I need to post some quotes for the ADD/video impaired??

J~

Love it!

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Do I need to post some quotes for the ADD/video impaired??

Naaa, just post some video that's not so boring.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Do I need to post some quotes for the ADD/video impaired??  Here. And once again take some of this without Danica in it.
J~

I think so, I read your post, but didn't watch the video :")

Kyle has always been pretty hard on Danica, he makes some valid points and is wrong in other spots for sure..

Bottom line, if Danica was Dan or Denny for that matter :) , a semi normal looking boy from Ohio with the same abilities she would have NEVER gotten even the INDY car ride. But the reality of the situation is that she is a talented and attractive girl with a tremendous fan following.(EXTREMELY MARKETABLE)She used all of these tools to her advantage and to help succeed in her chosen career, as she should. She certainly has ability, she is doing better in NASCAR than I felt she would. I do agree she qualifies better she races for whatever reason, but I am willing to cut her a little slack in year one. She will never be a threat to make chase IMO.

She is obvious a talented driver, however I feel there are better female drivers than her. Simona Desilvestro is far better IMO, but a little chubby and not as pretty. But if any of you have watched Indy car, she is right there with the boys in a non Gannassi/ Penske / Andretti car, very impressive.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Naaa, just post some video that's not so boring.

I couldnt resist posting some video that is not so boring!!!!  Danica and the caveman would liek to dedicate this to our biggests fans respectivly... Kyle Petty and David Deherts :)

K. Webb